Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

goodwin9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Man! Your tank is amazing! What fish are left on the list till your done?
I'm still looking for a Shohal Tang, Achilles Tang, Mustard Tang, a few as of yet, undecided wrasses.

purebullet

a flame wrase herme would look sick in there maby 1 male and 2-3 females and a crapaters flasher wrase would look good to

adroitmind

Wow i just wasted like an hour at work reading this. First let me say you have done a beautiful job putting you tank and the picture diary together. There is only one thing that i see wrong with this thread though, all the Jayhawks.
Go Tigers!

brandan

So I like your thread title. . . "The Start of One BIG SPS Tank". . . Thats false, you should correct your title and make it say, "The Start of One BIG Tang, Chromis, Anthias, Clown Tank, with future additions of SPS corals. . ." lol, regardless of that, amazing tank so far, and you havent added a SINGLE CORAL!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by purebullet
a flame wrase herme would look sick in there maby 1 male and 2-3 females and a crapaters flasher wrase would look good to
Thank you for the suggestions, I'm not familiar with the flame wrasse, will have to check them out. Thanks again!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by AdroitMind
Wow i just wasted like an hour at work reading this. First let me say you have done a beautiful job putting you tank and the picture diary together. There is only one thing that i see wrong with this thread though, all the Jayhawks.
Go Tigers!

Thank you for the compliment. You shouldn't have to drive very far to be in the right state...26-4 ranked 3rd in the country, this might be the year, if they don't choke in the first round again.....

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Brandan
So I like your thread title. . . "The Start of One BIG SPS Tank". . . Thats false, you should correct your title and make it say, "The Start of One BIG Tang, Chromis, Anthias, Clown Tank, with future additions of SPS corals. . ." lol, regardless of that, amazing tank so far, and you havent added a SINGLE CORAL!
Thank you! I am waiting on corals till the water has a little time to recover from all of the new fish. Second reason is I'm don't have a green thumb and have had problems keeping certain types of corals in the past. I haven't tried many, but never have been able to keep an SPS going in the past, so for this tank, I am relying on several local people to help me get this tank right and off to a good start. I have a 5 gallon pale full of dead skeletons and I really don't want to start a second. Part of the agreement I have with them in purchasing their frags is that they we will a watch over them, and me, to make sure things go well. Hope to get some corals placed in the new few weeks....

justforfun

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Any autorized Omega One dealer can special order their products in any size you would like. I buy flakes in 5 lb buckets and pellets in 2 lb tubs. Nori is available in 50 ~ 100 count packs from many online retailers. You just have to do a little searching for best prices.
Give you give me the phone # of your guy. Cant find bulk online yet.

dwendler4

wow, amazing... sorry if you have already answered these questions but i have to know:
1. are you going to add corals? the possibilities would be endless in there.
2. what are the overall dimensions on your tank?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by dwendler4
wow, amazing... sorry if you have already answered these questions but i have to know:
1. are you going to add corals? the possibilities would be endless in there.
2. what are the overall dimensions on your tank?
Look on page 1, first post.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by marinfire1
goodwin....where do u order from? this site or another?
I've had very good luck ordering from here and many other online retailers. Selection is very limited at LFS here in South Dakota.

sleasia

goodwin....what can I say. This is awesome....keep going keep going, you are all of our inspiration!!!!!

marinfire1

goodwin one more a few questions...first one...can i get ur email so that i can ask u the others so the mods dont get mad lol :hilarious