Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

goodwin9

Not the best video in the world. It was tough to get the entire tank in the shot. Quality is rather poor.

azfishgal

:cheer: THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!
Sorry, kids watched "The Incredibles" two times yesterday.

Everything looks great. Kind of funny, the fish have that big, huge tank and they seem to favor that one side.

wangotango

Originally Posted by azfishgal
:cheer: THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!
Sorry, kids watched "The Incredibles" two times yesterday.

Everything looks great. Kind of funny, the fish have that big, huge tank and they seem to favor that one side.
i know, isnt your tank 10' long? did you put food over there or something? they all stick together too, i like the yellow tang school.
-Justin

20galfowlr

thats awesome, they loved playin in the current, they seem to like the left side of the tank! i cant wait to see the crazy ammount of sps you will put in there .. i can only imagine based on what you have done fish-wise so far!
keep us posted your tank is every swf lovers dream !

goodwin9

Here is another video a little closer to the tank. Looking at this one, I sure don't think that I am going to add the Tunze's for a while......

ledzep fan

Do you have any more pics of the White Cheeks tang? How much did you pay for him if you don't mind me asking?

justforfun

Originally Posted by justforfun
Give you give me the phone # of your guy. Cant find bulk online yet.

Could you give me the phone # or site to get the bulk food. No luck finding it on my end.

goodwin9

I got some inverts for the clean up crew. Had to guess on this one as to the quanities, Didn't really know how many this size tank would need. So I bought 100 Astrea turbo snails, 50 Nassarius snails, 5 Queen Conch, 5 Emerald crabs, 100 Scarlet hermit crabs, 100 Dwarf Blue Leg hermit crabs, and 5 Peppermint shrimp. I already had 10 Turbo snails & 4 cleaner shrimp in the tank.

goodwin9

The Naso & Yellow tang thought that they were getting lunch. The new Peppermint shrimp were smaller than expected and may have become lunch for some of the larger fish. I had been feeding the tank live marine shrimp and the new Peppermints may have gotten mistaken for food.......

saltn00b

hey goodwin i have put more than that amount of snails in my 150 and withiin 24 hours looked like i didnt add anything! lol so you may need more. also, 5 queen conch, not so sure if that is a good idea. maybe 1, but not 5. they get massive, and will likely starve.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by saltn00b
hey goodwin i have put more than that amount of snails in my 150 and withiin 24 hours looked like i didnt add anything! lol so you may need more. also, 5 queen conch, not so sure if that is a good idea. maybe 1, but not 5. they get massive, and will likely starve.
LOL..You aren't kidding. Looked this morning and had same problem. I knew that I would probably need more. Just ordered another 100 Astrea & Nassarius snails, 100 Blue leg & 100 Scarlet crabs, 5 more Emerald crabs, and 6 Cucumbers. The conches I got yesterday were small, 1/2 - 1" and if they start getting too large, I have some other tanks I could throw them in.