Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

wax32

All these snails and hermits aren't going to have anything to eat yet, your tank is still pretty clean. I hope they don't starve!

goodwin9

Took some photos tonight and came accross this one. Big guy next to one of the little ones. The small sailfin is about 3 1/2". The Vlamingii is 4"

bill109

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Took some photos tonight and came accross this one. Big guy next to one of the little ones. The small sailfin is about 3 1/2". The Vlamingii is 4"

wow this is an awesome pic.. the big sailfin next to the the little guy.. not to mention all the awesome fish in the pic..!
nice how bug queen conch get?

kayak385

its been a while since i've been looking around the forums, and i'm soo glad to see this thread is still going... and now its a lot stronger than before... CONGRATS goodwin9!

reefboys

Wow I didn't realize how big that Sailfin was until now. I just ordered myself a Clown Tang, hope it does as well as yours...

goodwin9

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
Do you have any more pics of the White Cheeks tang? How much did you pay for him if you don't mind me asking?
Here are a couple more pictures...He was $55.

joncat24

Amazing pics goodwin----I love the whitecheeks tang, but I have to say that pic with the big and little sailfins is my favorite so far. That big one must be 10"...
great pics

AWESOME TANK

reefkprz

Everytime I look at this thread I'm awed. dont really know what else to say, its truly mind blowing.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Reefboys
Wow I didn't realize how big that Sailfin was until now. I just ordered myself a Clown Tang, hope it does as well as yours...
Good luck with your new fish. I have tried them a couple of times in the past, along with convicts, and never been able to keep them more than a week. This particular clown had been eating before I got him and has continues to do so in the new tank. I've got my finger crossed! The are beautiful fish!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by kayak385
its been a while since i've been looking around the forums, and i'm soo glad to see this thread is still going... and now its a lot stronger than before... CONGRATS goodwin9!
Thank you! Hope to add some corals soon and really dress it up. Water just isn't where I would like it to be before adding any corals.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by joncat24
Amazing pics goodwin----I love the whitecheeks tang, but I have to say that pic with the big and little sailfins is my favorite so far. That big one must be 10"...
great pics

AWESOME TANK

Thank you! The Sailfin has been great. Gets along with all and shares the cave he stays in on the right side of the tank. I knew he was large when I ordered him online, but I didn't expect it to be this big. I think that he is bigger than the Dussimer Tang I have in my 470....

goodwin9

Originally Posted by larryndana
amazing pics, the sailfins pic is awesome. never seen a whitecheeks tang, nice fish. ***)
The White cheeks reminds me of a Powder Brown or Gold Rim tang. This guy is still a little shy and spends a lot of time in the cave. I have to admit, the large Sailfin is my favorite in this tank..

mace

goodwin
White Cheeks the same as a Gold Rim....... Asking because I was told they are the same.
Thanks Keith

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Mace
goodwin
White Cheeks the same as a Gold Rim....... Asking because I was told they are the same.
Thanks Keith
You would think so looking at them...
Powder Brown Tang - Acanthurus japonicus
White Cheek Tang - Acanthurus nigricans
They must be closely related. I know I would have a hard time telling them apart...

wangotango

looking good goodwin
. what are the parameters now? you're really making me wish i was having my midlife crisis now, my 96x48x30 is looking mighty good right about now. sorry if you already posted a fish list, but where are you at now?
-Justin

goodwin9

Originally Posted by WangoTango
looking good goodwin
. what are the parameters now? you're really making me wish i was having my midlife crisis now, my 96x48x30 is looking mighty good right about now. sorry if you already posted a fish list, but where are you at now?
-Justin
Right now, in the tank:
12 Lyretail Anthias (3 males, 9 females)
13 Green Chromis
3 Sebae Clowns
2 Clarkii clowns
3 Blue Hippo Tangs
5 Hawaiian Yellow Tangs
1 Vlamingii Tang
2 Powder Blue Surgeon Tangs
3 Sailfin Tangs
1 White Cheeks Tang
1 Clown Tang
1 Red Sea Blonde Naso Tang
2 Scooter Blennies
3 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Red Head Fairy Wrasse
1 Scott's Fairy Wrasse
1 Yellow Flanked Fairy Wrasse
Various inverts mentioned above
Water parameters aren't where I would like them now, but are getting better each day.