Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

am00re34

Originally Posted by goodwin9
The Chromis in the box is a blue-green chromis, (Chromis viridis), there are a large variety, blue, green, yellow, ect, this link lists a lot of them.
http://www.fishbase.org/NomenClature...ry&backstep=-2
will all the different types get along? if you had 5 green and 5 blue-green would they all school together or at least not try and kill each other?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Am00re34
will all the different types get along? if you had 5 green and 5 blue-green would they all school together or at least not try and kill each other?
I'm not an expert, but I think that I have both green and blue green in one of my tanks and they get along just fine. For the most part, they seem to mix well.

am00re34

ok... i have 3 blue-green chromis i bought from the LFS and just ordered 4 green chromis from SWF.com that are actually at my house right now. I thought they were the same. I'll let you know if they get along. i have my fingers crossed!

stdreb27

I just hope my pre-wife never finds out that I want to have as many tanks as you. That would be a deal breaker.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by curryfishman
are you using copper pipes i now ur probly not but are you??
NO copper pipes for the tanks, just the rest of the house.

am00re34

I'm not an expert, but I think that I have both green and blue green in one of my tanks and they get along just fine. For the most part, they seem to mix well.

well i got my fish and they are all getting along great... my clowns even think they are chromis and swim in the school with the green and blue/green chromis

goodwin9

Originally Posted by bpaul1201
wow goodwin getting close to 50,000 views!! and the tank isnt even finished yet! how are your frags doing?
I am still playing the learning curve with the frags. Some are doing well, and some haven't made it. I am assuming the ones that haven't was a result of where I placed them in the tank. I'm not sure whether they are getting enought light and flow, or two much. I am trying to play around with them moving them into different spots in the tank if I see them start to die off. I've had the same problem in the frag tank, where the water parameters are near perfect. Only major difference is frag tank has 10K 150 W MH's, and DT has 14K 400 W MH's. I will try and get some photos of the corals this weekend and post them.

bpaul1201

yea somethings frag just dont make it! not sure why! i wish that they were able to move themselves like anemones does it would make life so much easier! but goodluck

goodwin9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Goodwin, what do you do with all of the bad water from the RO DI setup?
Water goes to the floor drain.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by stdreb27
You should work on your website, I really would love to know about all your other tanks.
Still a work in progress..any tank in particular? I may be able to post link to information.

stdreb27

Still a work in progress..any tank in particular? I may be able to post link to information.
ummmmm that is a hard choice, I'll do shark and ray tank first.
but post all of the ones you've done.

bill109

what in the world do u do for job? if u dont mind me asking of course. im sure u have been asked a million times.. sorry lol
mayeb this is bill gates himself?