Sweat's journey begins

sweat90lx

Well its officially not MY tank anymore. It's a family tank :)
Mom said she was going to the town the lfs is in today and asked if I wanted anything. I told her to get me a few snails. I told my wife about it and she wanted one of those fish that spit sand(a goby). Well mom calls me when she gets there and I tell her just to get the snails and she asks can I get a fish too. So she puts me on the phone will the owner and I end up getting 2 snails, some cheato, and a goby I haven't seen yet.
I was extremely nervous about my wife and mom acclimating the fish while I was at work. I explained it to my wife many times and again when mom arrived with them. My 6 year old seemed better at understanding and I'm sure she guided them through it. Lol

Holy huge snail batman

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

S

siptang

What Seth said, my wife is SLOWLY warming into this hobby lol.

sweat90lx

My daughter is by my side every time I go near the tank. My wife is getting more involved now. I will get mom a tank for her house soon. It's really nice for them to enjoy it as much as I do.
I finally seen the goby this morning. I also found a surprise on the snail.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

sweat90lx

Since my wife wanted the goby she named it, Sandy. I wanted it next also but I let her have her way.
Then I heard her ask my daughter if we should name it Sandy or Sandy Cheeks. There is no pineapple so Sandy it is. haha
Well after starring at the tank for a while,Sandy is an orange spot goby, a non diamond one. So I will most likely add a pistol shrimp since it is not a sand sifter.
I want to add a coral to try to get the clowns to host or at least stay away from the magfloat. Im thinking a toadstool will be easy for a beginner. Even if they dont host it will be something I want.

S

siptang

Pistol shrimp huh? I don't like that one too much... how about skunk cleaner or blood shrimps?

bender77

If you really want a pistol shrimp get one. I do like mine even though he has made a complete mess out of my tank and I think ate all my nassarius snails. But honestly I don't think I would get another so I could keep more coral

sweat90lx

I did as soon as I seen your post on several different sites. lol
They both are good options for me. Guess I will have to look at the lfs to see which one catches my eye in a week or two.

S

siptang

Oh ok lol. I was like, I don't remember posting about inverts in different sites... and thought that maybe I have forgotten about it lol.