Sweat's journey begins

sweat90lx

I was not expecting coralline yet, especially since it started from the snail shells. I have lots of pods in the chaeto and many getting big. The refugium is the best piece in helping my tank mature.
I just finished a 5 gallon WC and got the wife to help, well she made sure I didnt spill any water on the floor. I finally got a turkey baster and blow off the rocks this time.
Planning on adding to the bioload tomorrow. Got lots of ideas but never know what I might get from the not so LFS.

reefkprz

adding new stuff is exciting. so is watching the initial stages of a new tank (to me anyway) looking good so far man.

sweat90lx

I am really enjoying the tank, all its changes, and learning more every day.
I got more than I planned today. I also will not be going to the not so LFS on a day I have to work. I knew better but my wife was sick yesterday on my day off. Rushing home and acclimating was stressful to me. The store getting a shipment in and I talked with the owner for about an hour. My wife seen a BTA and wanted it bad, she didnt care what it cost either(I didnt ask). I was finally able to convince her we were not ready yet.
I THINK I am stocked with fish. If somehow I decide to add more I will be researching for fish that do not hide.
I got a Royal Gamma that has made a few appearances but mostly hiding in the rock work. Hopefully he will become active later.
I got a blood shrimp thanks to Sips suggestion. He was smaller than the cleaner shrimp and looked better to my eye.
My wife really liked the six line wrasse and I liked its colors too. I know it can be a problem with aggression so I will be watching it closely. It has roamed the tank darting through the rock work but has not bothered anyone even though he is in their territory.
I also seen a small torch and could not resist. All of the additions came from the same tank.

My wife told me on the way home she wanted our next additions to be corals from SWF.
I have quite a few picked out already that we both like. We just got more than planned and thinking about what comes next. Who said this hobby is addictive? LOL

reefkprz

good call on foregoing the anemone for now your tank isnt old enough yet. thumbs up to that.
as for the aggression in the six line you wont generally see that untill you try to add something after the six line is established. now that he is in your tank he owns it. lol still one of my favorite fishes though.

sweat90lx

The anemone had a clown hosting it too. I think that is why my wife liked it so much. I think she is beginning to like corals more than fish now.
The kids named the wrasse Six Pack, I think they should have named him Deebo. He swims in every ones territory. He doesnt bother or chase but I think I heard him ask the shrimp "what you got on my 40 homey". He is very active and found every hiding spot and passage in the rocks.
The shrimp is staying in one spot under a rock. Hopefully he will meet up with my goby(who is staying hid out now) soon. The Royal Gamma is hiding and I have not seen it today. Im sure they will all adjust in a few days.

sweat90lx

I have a frogspawn not a torch. It was completely closed when I got home tonight, oh no. But an hour later it has open up some. Wasnt working with a new guy at work stressful enough?
I spotted the starfish that has been missing for a while tonight, that made me smile. If I can see that my royal gamma is okay I will be at ease for a few weeks until the next additions.

S

siptang

Looks good. Royal grammas hide first for a while but then they will wonder around their territory without any fear as long as no one is harassing them. Your tank is coming along quite nicely!

sweat90lx

I had another stupid moment this morning. When I checked on the tank this morning it looked like my shrimp had got caught in the powerhead and died. I pulled it out with a net and felt sad for about 15 minutes wondering how and why that happened. Then I seen it and realized it had molted, DOH.
There is some aggression going on. My goby has moved to a new spot and will chase the wrasse away if it gets close. Hopefully everyone will learn to live in peace soon.

bubblegurl

I think everyone with shrimp has gone through that, I still do and have to look to make sure they are still alive. :laughing:
Fish are funny with their territories, hopefully everyone settles down. Is your tank covered? Wrasses are jumpers, if spooked enough, you may find it in the floor.....

sweat90lx

My tank is not covered. Ive been saying that Im going to get some eggcrate but that isnt really what I want. I should probably do that until I can build a net covering though.
The fish seem to be getting along better. The wrasse hangs out with the clowns a lot.
Finally reread Southern Wolfs photo school thread again and learned some things about my camera. I have photos the were not taken by my phone. lol. Slowly learning the camera too.

S

siptang

Did you rearrange the rocks? looks different and I like it!
yea get that egg crate dude!

rlablan

You little tank reminds me of my very first.
When you have a tank set up for a long time, I forget how exciting all of this stuff is.
I remember being so excited to find a shrimp molt, or to find new coraline where it wasn't before.
I like the rock work. I think every tank should have atleast 1 arch and a few overhangs or "caves". Make it more fun to watch the fish. :)
I also like that your rock work is not the "great wall of china" look. And that it is not the mound of rock that just looks dumped. A lot of new tanks end up that way. Not your's though. Its very nice.
Tell us- do you have wet arms/ sleeves constantly? lol Always playing in the tank or sump or fuge or cleaning the glass lol.