T.O. in dallas?

sufunk

So would any sane person but T.O. literally has a mental problem. Hes a complete meglomaniac. He cannot stand for anyone but him to have the spotlight. If they do he freaks and will do anything to steal it back no matter how destrustive it is to his teammates or himself.

zsalinas

Yeah I love to watch him play cause he's an exciting player. Another player compared to him that is fun to watch is Chad Johnson. He also doesn't have the off field drama that T.O. does with his team. Good luck to Dallas this year with T.O. We'll see how long it lasts!

darth tang

With the Eagles, Owens signed a 42 million dollar contract plus a 10 million dollar signing bonus.
The Cowboys deal is 25 million with 5 of that being a bonus. Look at the bonus money, we got him for 50 cents on the dollar. Not only that, but, the contract has a year to year clause were dallas can opt out each year if they so choose.
Rookies coming out get more money than this.
Sufunk, you comment on Henson's age, yet how old is Culpepper.....oh yeah, almost 29. Henson is 26. Hmmmmmm, If Henson is to old, how is Signing Culpepper a move for the future as he is much older?

sufunk

Henson's not too old but only i qb in history that i know has ever become a real player not being able to even get in a game til hes over 26. Culpepper is older but is a proven NFL player, Henson's even doing bad in Europe, how can he play in the NFL????????
Great , we can opt out???? then why did we sign him?? dont think wed be opting out of a contract with Vinatieri, hutchinson, bentley, or javon walker next year.
I hope he works out for my teams sake, but even if he is great it will be VERY bitter to like and root for him. He is by far my most hated player, not only because of his antics but bc he played for basically our 2 biggest rivals as well. Im old fashioned, i like true blue cowboys(coakley, emmitt, allen), players that either we drafted or made their mark here, not ex 49's/eagles, i spent the last 7 years hating.
Reading the mail on Dallascowboys.com, it seems like the cowboys lost more fans than they gained with this move. I just dont think its smart to sign a guy that disgusts a majority of your fans, no matter how good he is, when there are MANY other great free agents out there that could have helped us more. I think wed be better with keyshawn and hutchinson rather than kosier and TO.

darth tang

I can agree with you, but only to a point. The organization has taken many people with off field problems, (IRvin and cocaine comes to mind) and had them work. The reason the contract is that way is so we lose nothing and it forces him to prove himself...repeatedly to continue to play. Only three teams were looking at him. How many do you think will want him if he screws up in Dallas..........This is his last chance. And if it works out.....we have our playmaker at wide receiver that we haven't had since Irvin left. If not, we are out one year's salary.........Parcells will stay.....and collar TO. Look at how Parcells handled LT. That guy had a mouth and ton's of off field problems....but Parcells got it to work.

sufunk

Irvin didnt come to us with problems though, he was one of our all time greats when he got in trouble. Also, Parcells made it work with LT bc he could turn his head on the drug use and knew that LT would give 110% to win and would be there on gameday. TO probably has never given 110% and never will. He doesnt care about winning he cares about money, thats the difference. Irvin and LT were warriors who refused to lose and wanted to WIN very badly. TO doesnt care win or lose as long as he gets paid.

darth tang

How can you say TO doesn't care or doesn't want to win....look at his stats........that tells all. When he loses he speaks out saying he should have got the ball more. That in itself speaks of his desire to win and to be the one to shoulder a load......

zsalinas

Considering 110% is impossible. That is the dumbest saying ever no offense. If you're saying T.O. doesn't give it 100% then you're wrong. His numbers more then speak for themselves. Also if he has "never" given 100% and puts up numbers like that then I'd be amazed to see what his 100% is!

sufunk

Stats dont show if you want to win or not, in fact sometimes the opposite. Many times , especially in football, you have to sacrifice your personal numbers for the good of the team. THink TO wants that. Say were playing a horrible run defense, you think TO will be happy that we rushed for 300 yards and won 35-0 but he had zero catches??? I think not, hell be furious!
P.S.- no question he is an amazing talent and if he had half the drive and will to win that Irvin or Emmitt or even LT for that matter had, He would have put up numbers that noone has even seen before with S.f and philly. Just because he has great numbers doesnt mean he gives 100%, it means he has immense talent!

zsalinas

Agreed, that's what I'm sayin if he has yet to give it his "all" I can't even imagine what he'd be like playing at full potential. He should probably give it his all this time around considering this is his last chance and he's not gettin any younger.

sufunk

Thats what everyone said when he went to Philly but even after everything he did we gave him 10 million smackers up front, no questions asked. What would make him think another team wont do the same next year for all the reasons you and Darth stated(his immense talent). Everyone said after last year that noone would give him bigtime money because of his antics and the risk but we made him our highest paid player. In fact, he probably has the best contract of any receiver in the league even Moss ( Moss will never see the majority of his backloaded deal, neither will Harrisson). He has no incentive to behave and wont unless everything goes perfect, which is highly unlikely. He knows even if we kick him off the team, Drew will get him another fat contract next year from someone else.

zsalinas

I'm hoping this time around he'll realize that they are being generous and giving him a huge opportunity. If he messes up this time then I'm no longer gonna be fan. I just think if there's issues in Dallas and he messes it up then nobody is gonna want him because they see he can't get along anywhere he goes. He does bad mouth his team mates which is wrong. He has a right to be mad about McNabb slackin in the super bowl cause you could tell by the end of the game He was beat. T.O. had an amazing game after coming back from surgery and everything just to be disappointed because McNabb couldn't keep up and throw good passes. If T.O. screws this up the goodbye.

sufunk

I disagree he has reason to be mad at McNabb but even if he did, you never, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! publicly call out your quarterback. The Qb is the leader no matter what, his word has to be the law in the huddle and everyone has to believe in him or it wont work. You will never find a successful team with a QB that isnt like by his teammates. TO has called out and tried to humiliate every QB hes had.

zsalinas

No, what I'm saying is he has every reason to be mad. He has absolutely no reason to call any member of his team out publicly. I don't care if it's the QB or whoever. He has no right. I'm just sayin it's got to be frustrating on his end for sure, but he needs to grow up. He's 32 now and acts like he's playin highschool ball. If he'd just keep his mouth shut and put his effort towards playing imagine the things he'd be capable of.

txbrittany

Originally Posted by sufunk
As a diehard cowboy fan, I want to PUKE :mad:
We cut great team players like coakley and glover because they didnt fit our "system"
Not to mention Parcells cutting the greatest cowboy and NFL player for that matter who ever lived, Emmitt, but we sign this piece of garbage?!?!?!
No true Cowboy fan can be happy about this. If T.O. cant like Jeff garcia or Mcnabb in his prime, do you really think hell be satisfied with Drew Bledsoe?!!?!?!?!?!
The 1st time Bledsoe checks down to Witten when T.O. is wide open in his mind hell start the same crap he did in S.F. and Philly.
Money would have been much better spent getting Culpepper and Vinatieri rather than the worst cancer in the NFL.
No true Cowboy fan would ever disgrace himself by buying or wearing T.O.'s jersey!!!!!!
I 100% agree with you. I can't STAND T.O. What were they thinking?? That's like bringing Shaq to my beloved Spurs......it just doesn't fit. He will be cut after the first year, mark my words! ;)

zsalinas

Originally Posted by TXBrittany
I 100% agree with you. I can't STAND T.O. What were they thinking?? That's like bringing Shaq to my beloved Spurs......it just doesn't fit. He will be cut after the first year, mark my words! ;)
The cowboys aquired T.O. to win a superbowl and this helps with the recieving end of the offense. I bet I won't hear you complaining when your team makes it to the superbowl and/or wins now will I. Then will you change your opionion on T.O.?

txbrittany

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
The cowboys aquired T.O. to win a superbowl and this helps with the recieving end of the offense. I bet I won't hear you complaining when your team makes it to the superbowl and/or wins now will I. Then will you change your opionion on T.O.?
I know why they got him. To some people, it's not all about winning. If we do make it to the superbowl, of course I will be happy, but it won't change my opinion of T.O. as a person. I think he is a bad role model and very conceided. I stand by my prediction of him leaving or being cut after the first year.

sufunk

I second that! As i said before, either Parcells or T.O. will be gone next year. No way they coexist.