Texas police department should be ashamed!

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2891039
empathy, I'm just responding to the vitriol being shown to the police. In this case. Dude this just happened three weeks ago.
http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stori....3e4f7822.html
Turns out this guy ran after his wife called 911 on a domestic dispute call. He gets pulled over a few minutes later. Runs from the cop. Ambushed the cop around the corner shoot him in the leg. Then walks up to the guy and executes him.
So when I see people attacking police. When and taking the words of a law suit (which is the only account as to what happened in public right now) it just ticks me off.
What you don't get is that I'm showing empathy. To underpaid people who risk their lives every day, so that soreheads can call them bullies and crooks. To take the word of 3 officers over a drug user and a 12 year old. This is just WRONG.
If it turns out these officers broke the law. Then they need to go to jail. But to crucify them in some knee jerk reaction based on the words of a drug user and a 12 year old. Before any investigation, in civil court, (the DA didn't touch this) (Quanell didn't touch this) just plain ticks me off.

Come on, you know innocent until proven guilty is just a saying. We don't mean that. And who needs a court system now. The posters on this board without hearing ALL the evidence and facts have crucified these officers. so let's just throw out the court system as well. Hell, even the resident lawyer here is crucifying these officers already. Let's just have regular old fashioned mob ruled lynchings like we used to...that would be a hoot.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2891082
Come on, you know innocent until proven guilty is just a saying. We don't mean that. And who needs a court system now. The posters on this board without hearing ALL the evidence and facts have crucified these officers. so let's just throw out the court system as well. Hell, even the resident lawyer here is crucifying these officers already. Let's just have regular old fashioned mob ruled lynchings like we used to...that would be a hoot.
Isn't mob rule what they are describing when they call someone cowboy in an effort to insult someone...
I'm just dumbfounded that anyone would believe anything a drug user would say. Have they ever worked with addicts before in there life ever?
It just blows my mind.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/2890726
Hey I'm not the one calling calling all cops bullies or crooks. Galveston is a dirty nasty town. you can go on just about any corner and find drugs or whatever you want. And I grew up in the ghetto I know what to look for.
But I'm not the racist, you are the one implying that Ghettos are black. By saying my statement is racist, I'm not.
BTW I grew up a stone through from the border I know what I ghetto looks like.
Look if you are local to houston at all, i'm sure you've heard of quanell X. The race bating "community agitator." He hasn't even picked this up. And this is the EXACT type of bs case that he is typically trumpeting. If he won't touch it THERE IS NO WAY IT IS TRUE.
I guess I need your definition of ghetto. I don't know what parts of Galveston you hang out in, but I've stayed there for over a month at a time in the summer, and hardly had any of the issues you're describing. There's some shady looking people down on the the main drag at night, but you can see that in just about every town in the US. And you also compare every border town as a ghetto? Man, you make Texas sound like one hugh Harlem...

tangman99

Originally Posted by flpriest
http:///forum/post/2890963
Then what you say here is, sometimes mistakes happen...

That's what I say as well... but, should we accept these mistakes when the constible is the offender?

I wasn't referring to mistakes. Letting a cop go when he is clearly DUI is not a mistake. It is simply that. Letting him go because he is a cop.
But yes, mistakes happen all the time. It's how you handle the situation when you realize a mistake has been made. Now if you make a mistake and the person makes the situation a bad one, then they are in violation of the law as it becomes a whole different matter at that time.
Again, this all comes down to reading a blog and media reports. It is all from the viewpoint of the girl and her family. No one has any idea of what the cops version is and how it was reported. If they did what was alleged, then they should do time for what they did. I don't know the facts any more than anyone else does, but I still don't believe it based on my own experience.
I have been accused of things that were total BS but if the media had gotten hold of what was being alleged against me and put their dramatic twist on it, the average citizen would want me crucified and I'm honest when I say I didn't do anything in that situation. I won't go as far to say that I was an angel the whole time, but I never did anything to anyone that didn't deserve it and I have always slept just fine at night.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/2891190
I guess I need your definition of ghetto. I don't know what parts of Galveston you hang out in, but I've stayed there for over a month at a time in the summer, and hardly had any of the issues you're describing. There's some shady looking people down on the the main drag at night, but you can see that in just about every town in the US. And you also compare every border town as a ghetto? Man, you make Texas sound like one hugh Harlem...
Seriously, you ever lived in el paso? You could look out the window of the house we lived at and see homes made out of dirt floors, pallets and tarps in mexico. You could walk into our back alley and buy anything you wanted. If you get my drift. El Paso is as big a drug trafficing hub as San Diego, and Brownsville.
Houston is a bit different because there is no zoning. But I've seen a 5 minute drive from my middle class neighborhood, a guy begging for money, then getting something literally walk to the brown van hand over the money, get into the van and get "taken care of".
There are places where you don't go in Houston, but you'd never notice because it doesn't look that bad. And Galveston is the same way.

flpriest

Originally Posted by TangMan99
http:///forum/post/2891201
I wasn't referring to mistakes. Letting a cop go when he is clearly DUI is not a mistake. It is simply that. Letting him go because he is a cop.
But yes, mistakes happen all the time. It's how you handle the situation when you realize a mistake has been made. Now if you make a mistake and the person makes the situation a bad one, then they are in violation of the law as it becomes a whole different matter at that time.
Again, this all comes down to reading a blog and media reports. It is all from the viewpoint of the girl and her family. No one has any idea of what the cops version is and how it was reported. If they did what was alleged, then they should do time for what they did. I don't know the facts any more than anyone else does, but I still don't believe it based on my own experience.
I have been accused of things that were total BS but if the media had gotten hold of what was being alleged against me and put their dramatic twist on it, the average citizen would want me crucified and I'm honest when I say I didn't do anything in that situation. I won't go as far to say that I was an angel the whole time, but I never did anything to anyone that didn't deserve it and I have always slept just fine at night.
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.....

flpriest

http:///forum/post/2891204
Seriously, you ever lived in el paso? You could look out the window of the house we lived at and see homes made out of dirt floors, pallets and tarps in mexico. You could walk into our back alley and buy anything you wanted. If you get my drift. El Paso is as big a drug trafficing hub as San Diego, and Brownsville.
Houston is a bit different because there is no zoning. But I've seen a 5 minute drive from my middle class neighborhood, a guy begging for money, then getting something literally walk to the brown van hand over the money, get into the van and get "taken care of".
There are places where you don't go in Houston, but you'd never notice because it doesn't look that bad. And Galveston is the same way.
stdreb... seriously... your town is so much worse than my town... really you need a personal check... There are places in Det. that are as bad, and as houst. get real!I'm not really sure where you come from, ... but I'm pretty sure it's not from down town... lucky for you...
lets all just luv each other!

tangman99

http:///forum/post/2891330
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.....
Nice. Take a well mannered discussion and go that route. Thanks for the respectful dialogue. I guess your knowledge and opinions are more correct and important. I'll be sure not to converse with you any longer in any threads.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2891358
stdreb... seriously... your town is so much worse than my town... really you need a personal check... There are places in Det. that are as bad, and as houst. get real!I'm not really sure where you come from, ... but I'm pretty sure it's not from down town... lucky for you...

I never said that...
Detroit is the quintessential liberal town. High crime rate. Corrupt politicians, bad cops.
Overall houston isn't that bad.
I would say El Paso is however... Maybe not the general crime. But with the big time drug trafficking.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2891358

Please be civil. Don't start attacking others.

flpriest

Originally Posted by TangMan99
http:///forum/post/2891598
Nice. Take a well mannered discussion and go that route. Thanks for the respectful dialogue. I guess your knowledge and opinions are more correct and important. I'll be sure not to converse with you any longer in any threads.
That was uncalled for and I appologize. Like I said in a previous post on here, you chose to take the high road and I applaud you for that. I hope you won't take this one instance and hold it against me.

flpriest

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2891741
Please be civil. Don't start attacking others.
It wasn't meant as an attack, sorry if anyone took it that way. I hope that stdreb took it the way I meant. Other people see bad things too. This still doesn't make guilty by association right. Unfortunatly, this happens all too much.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2891842
It wasn't meant as an attack, sorry if anyone took it that way. I hope that stdreb took it the way I meant. Other people see bad things too. This still doesn't make guilty by association right. Unfortunatly, this happens all too much.

lol if I has said houston is as ghetto as detroit, then that would deserve a toung lashing for being sooo stupid...
But how is the anti-police argument not a guilt by association.
My whole contention isn't whether these guys are innocent or guilty. But my problem stems from the voracity of the anti-police statements made in this page. Especially considering the only version available is what is being alleged by the plaintiffs.
Think about this, you can get the lawyer for Timothy McVay on TV and he'll have some sort of argument. Why he is innocent. (think OJ's lawyers for a minute)
Plus you have to have some common sense. I do admit I'm a bit jaded, I've worked retail where we had thugs coming into my store every day (I hate cell phones) and these guys, I'd ask questions where it was like a kid with his fist in the cookie jar crumbs all over his face and his shirt and him saying no I didn't eat any cookies.
Ever notice how every homeless guy you meet knows Jesus? When you are handing out food in association with some church...
You don't see hookers working the street in a nice part of town. Hence probably ghetto. (not as ghetto as detroit) You typically don't see cops mistaking appropriately clothed people for hookers(I know lots of woman who've never been mistaken as a hooker, even some hookers). Hence probably hoochied out. Then the dad had drugs in his posession. Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.
So when I read 3 cops beat up a 12 year old mistaken as a hooker. And everything is alleged by the lawyer filing the court paperwork to sue. I'm not very likely nor should you to take what a lawyer says at his word. Just like you can trust a salesman to take you "for a ride" if you let him.

flpriest

http:///forum/post/2891904
lol if I has said houston is as ghetto as detroit, then that would deserve a toung lashing for being sooo stupid...
But how is the anti-police argument not a guilt by association.
My whole contention isn't whether these guys are innocent or guilty. But my problem stems from the voracity of the anti-police statements made in this page. Especially considering the only version available is what is being alleged by the plaintiffs.
Think about this, you can get the lawyer for Timothy McVay on TV and he'll have some sort of argument. Why he is innocent. (think OJ's lawyers for a minute)
Plus you have to have some common sense. I do admit I'm a bit jaded, I've worked retail where we had thugs coming into my store every day (I hate cell phones) and these guys, I'd ask questions where it was like a kid with his fist in the cookie jar crumbs all over his face and his shirt and him saying no I didn't eat any cookies.
Ever notice how every homeless guy you meet knows Jesus? When you are handing out food in association with some church...
You don't see hookers working the street in a nice part of town. Hence probably ghetto. (not as ghetto as detroit) You typically don't see cops mistaking appropriately clothed people for hookers(I know lots of woman who've never been mistaken as a hooker, even some hookers). Hence probably hoochied out. Then the dad had drugs in his posession. Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.
So when I read 3 cops beat up a 12 year old mistaken as a hooker. And everything is alleged by the lawyer filing the court paperwork to sue. I'm not very likely nor should you to take what a lawyer says at his word. Just like you can trust a salesman to take you "for a ride" if you let him.
Trust me stdreb, is it Ruben?. any how, trust me, no one is going to "take me for a ride", I tend to think for my self
I guess we are just going to submit to the fact that we will have to agree to disagree.

flpriest

By the way... Where did lion craze go... he lit the firecrackers and booked!
He's probably the smartest of us all...

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2892197
Trust me stdreb, is it Ruben?. any how, trust me, no one is going to "take me for a ride", I tend to think for my self
I guess we are just going to submit to the fact that we will have to agree to disagree.

But if the car salesman could he would.
You would really take a drug addict's and ambulance chaser's word over the word of a police officer...
Until you could back it up with facts?

sharkbait9

http:///forum/post/2892252
But if the car salesman could he would.
You would really take a drug addict's and ambulance chaser's word over the word of a police officer...
Until you could back it up with facts?
Like cops always say about civies, guilty until proven innocent. cops are guilty until proven innocent.
Also like cops with all the loop holes to protect them, I have reasonable doubt and suspicion to believe the cops are wrong. So in my book they are guilty until proven innocent.
I would rather take the word of a doctor who treated a child with injuries from blunt force trauma and the school report that she’s an honor student.
Can’t seem to believe that an honor student is turning tricks on the side and getting good grade also.
I don’t care where your from or what town you grow up in, if you can achieve honors then she must be a good student and not just showing up for class.
Why are you so sure the father and daughter are scum? The father had some CDS on him, so what. I did not see where it said “with intent to distribute“, why can’t it be for recreational use? It doesn’t effect me and obviously it don’t effect the girl and her studies.
Why are you so quick to believe the police? Like cops don’t cover up tracks and trails. Or forget to add an important piece in the report. The police are not making any real comments on the case which would lead me and others to believe that they are trying to get as much and even fabricate as much evidence as possible to protect a couple of thugs in blue.
Yeah there are good cops but they are over shadowed by the thugs. Face the truth more cops are dirty then there are good ones. it’s a blanket statement, sure look up some stats on police officers on domestic, substance abuse , feelings of power. The psychological admittance test alone for police officers is a joke and most will tell you that. it’s a matter of knowing what to and not to say.
Not trying to change your opinion but you should not take it personally when the majority of people don't trust cops, a few rotten one spoils the bunch.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/2891204
It's like that in virtually every city in the country. I'm just sayin that it's wrong to stereotype Galveston as a Ghetto Town. I agree it has its bad spots, but not as many as Houston. El Paso isn't a bad town either. Unfortunately, it's sitting across from Juarez, which has become the number one drug trafficing city in Mexico. I have a plant there that's no more than 5 miles from the border, and I won't even go to it right now.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/2892342
It's like that in virtually every city in the country. I'm just sayin that it's wrong to stereotype Galveston as a Ghetto Town. I agree it has its bad spots, but not as many as Houston. El Paso isn't a bad town either. Unfortunately, it's sitting across from Juarez, which has become the number one drug trafficing city in Mexico. I have a plant there that's no more than 5 miles from the border, and I won't even go to it right now.
none of my family friends who still live there will go into juarez any more. And they are mexicans.
Even the churches are being pushed for protection money from the drug dealers there.
And that is why even a little controlled substances are wrong, sharkbait.

tangman99

http:///forum/post/2891838
That was uncalled for and I appologize. Like I said in a previous post on here, you chose to take the high road and I applaud you for that. I hope you won't take this one instance and hold it against me.
No Problem and I won't.