The Border

J

jdragunas

i agree that if they can comply with those 4 rules (i like the 'if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em' rule) i don't mind if they live here.
i think the thing that bothers me the most is that these illegal immigrants are getting more support from the government than the millions of real us citizens that are homeless or incredibly poor... wtf is that all about?!?!?!?!!!!

schneidts

Originally Posted by dc2mlbsm
well if we close the borders who is gonna work the fields? i know you guys wont. heck i know i wont.
umm...how about the countless people on welfare or unemployment who make very little effort to get work, who live better than many hardworking families. Simply put-illegals out...work for welfare in.

soto

Originally Posted by schneidts
umm...how about the countless people on welfare or unemployment who make very little effort to get work, who live better than many hardworking families. Simply put-illegals out...work for welfare in.
if they make very little effort to get work then what makes you think they'll be lining up to break their backs while picking strawberries in the hot sun 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for minimum wage??
they can do that right now. how many unemployed welfare recipients excercise this option? umm...how about none. and don't tell me they're not doing it because immigrants are blocking them out. they're not doing it because they're lazy. this will not change with or without immigrants.

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by soto
if they make very little effort to get work then what makes you think they'll be lining up to break their backs while picking strawberries in the hot sun 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for minimum wage??
they can do that right now. how many unemployed welfare recipients excercise this option? umm...how about none. and don't tell me they're not doing it because immigrants are blocking them out. they're not doing it because they're lazy. this will not change with or without immigrants.
i agree... lazy is hard to fix!
but i do agree that working should be a condition of receiving welfare.

schneidts

they can do that right now. how many unemployed welfare recipients excercise this option? umm...how about none.
You made my point...it's an option
, it needs to be a condition of assitance!

and don't tell me they're not doing it because immigrants are blocking them out. they're not doing it because they're lazy. this will not change with or without immigrants.
That's a good one. No, I certainly wouldn't argue that. LOL.

soto

if you work for welfare then you might as well have a job. it's basically the same thing. half of the people on welfare really do need it because they have legitimate reasons why they can't work. we just need to tighten up the guidelines for the other half.
we should force them into traveling circuses. or have em get paid to sit in those dunk tanks at carnivals. "STEP RIGHT UP FOLKS! WIN A PRIZE TO DUNK A USELESS TOOLBOX WHO'S TOO DEPRESSED TO GET DRESSED IN THE MORNING AND THEREFORE THINKS THE WORLD OWES HIM SOMETHING! GET THOSE WASTED TAX DOLLARS BACK!"
dude i'd hit the bullseye everytime.

gen1dustin

if you work for welfare then you might as well have a job. it's basically the same thing. half of the people on welfare really do need it because they have legitimate reasons why they can't work. we just need to tighten up the guidelines for the other half.
Not down here & not trying to be racist, but a white person can't even get welfare where I'm from. I think Gnorman hit it right on because I see a lot of the same thing here.

soto

well regardless of the actual fraction. it may be half, it may be 2/3's. it's beside the point. the point is to keep the people on welfare who truely need it and send the freeloaders to work for carnivals. they can do everything except serve food and setup the rides because there's a trust factor in those 2 duties and i don't trust lazy people.

schneidts

send the freeloaders to work for carnivals. they can do everything except serve food and setup the rides because there's a trust factor in those 2 duties and i don't trust lazy people.
good point.
Well, I don't think we should enslave people into carnie work or freak show humilation lol. Earlier you mentioned a guy who was too depressed to work...that's fine, but I don't think he should get free groceries for the month, free healthcare, and possibly even cash assistance. I agree about half the people having legitimate reasons...I think the other half should have to help themselves to a paycheck in an apple orchard (if they want medicaid and food stamps for free).

soto

before i reply to schneidts' post, i think we should come up with a punishment for freeloaders who won't work the carnivals. the punishment should be community service. that way it's up to them if they wanna work for free or get a paycheck. either way, the taxpayers win.
Originally Posted by schneidts
good point.
Well, I don't think we should enslave people into carnie work or freak show humilation lol.

yes but remember- it's not ENSLAVING them because we're paying em. slaves don't get paid. now, granted, they will be forced to work. one may even call it.....subslavery.
but, with that in mind, we're ALL forced into subslavery. it's called finances. in order to pay bills we HAVE to work. so the debate isn't about one being forced to work, it's the actual FORCE behind the labor. i, like most of you, work because my common sense realizes that my bills must be paid. our lazy freeloader will work the carnivals because the other option will be community service. in both cases, fear is the motivating factor that drives the subjects into VOLUNTARY employment.
UP with subslavery and DOWN with pity.
and i find nothing wrong with humiliation. humiliation is great. 95% of laughter derived from entertainment is based on humiliation. i say keep it going!!

J

jdragunas

before i reply to schneidts' post, i think we should come up with a punishment for freeloaders who won't work the carnivals. the punishment should be community service. that way it's up to them if they wanna work for free or get a paycheck. either way, the taxpayers win.
i thought it was for circumstances like this that we had the parrot/t-rex cage... :notsure:

soto

you never wanna fit everything into one option. as quote the wise investor: "diversification is key!"
this is especially true when you're violently irradicating the human & animal pests of this world through non-profit means of entertainment. so far we've established t-rex maulings, lion maulings, and honey/ant demise in just a matter of 3 days! imagine the possibilities!!!

J

jdragunas

well, i don't think community service is a just punishment for laziness...

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by GSD
I am missing something ........Just what is racist about closing a countries borders.......A border thats closed is closed no matter what color a person is...........and its not a racial thing nor even remotely in the same catagory.......I think your teacher needs to go back to school to learn what racism is and what closeing a border means. Plain and simple if your not in possession of a birth certificate showing you are a naturally born citizen of the USA, or earned your citizenship legally, or on a visa that has not expired, your back side needs to be on the other side of the fence no matter what your skin color is.
Actually my teacher is very educated about history. Ask him anything and he always knows the answer even if it's about another country. Some people would think that closin the borders would be called racist. Some people even thought I was racist because I thought that and I wasn't bein' racist. It's all in a matter of opinion. Thanks y'all for all of the responses!!!

J

jdragunas

hmmmm... it has to be good, but not too insane.. this may take a while, i'll get back to you...

soto

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
Actually my teacher is very educated about history. Ask him anything and he always knows the answer even if it's about another country. Some people would think that closin the borders would be called racist. Some people even thought I was racist because I thought that and I wasn't bein' racist. It's all in a matter of opinion. Thanks y'all for all of the responses!!!
he may be educated in history but i'd question his education in present.

J

jdragunas

they have to discuss their future plans with not only dr. phil, but tom cruise as well!!!

mr. guitar

he may be educated in history but i'd question his education in present.
His education in the present is just as good as earlier history. It's amazing how much he knows!!!