The "DO NOT..." Advice List for Saltwater Aquarists

harlequinnut

Do not spend hours reading this message board at night when u know u have to go to work early next morning.
Do not tell your wife u won't do it again the following night when u know very well that you will.
Do not put a fish in your reef tank with liverocks unless you are 110% sure that fish is compatible with your tank inhabitants. (cause you'll have to raise hell to catch it afterwards):mad:

dacia

Don't laugh too hard at the people at your LFS when they are trying to catch a tang for you. They tend to be irritated when you make fun of them, and later, you will have to catch them in your tank for some reason or another and what goes around comes around... :D

S

slofish

Originally posted by madd catt
Do not show your brand new fish too your cats before you go to bed at night and leave the lid open!
Do not try too take your fish for a walk like you do with your cat or dog!
Do not try too get your fish out of your tank by using a fishing pole and hook,use a net instead!
Do not try too use your lawnmower blennie too cut the grass it doesnt work and they just end up stareing at you anyways!

hahaha:D

polarpooch

DO NOT use your mouth to start a siphon
ROTFLMAO!
Do not put fish in your eel tank.
Do not sniff your flake food.
Do not trust that the LFS liverock is cured.
Do not tell smokers how bad smoking is for them.

farmerbob

DO NOT give S/O an ultimatum to choose between her saltwater and you.
DO NOT pee on an electric fence
DO NOT listen to LFS personnel
DO pee on LFS personnel that tells you invertebrates are OK while a tank is in cycle and ask them how they like it

jen p

I agree with never buying fish from *****. Everytime I go there for my dog I check out the fish and there is always an ich infestation. They use the same filter that runs through several tanks, so if one gets ich, it spreads. Also, one day I say a yellow tang severly infected and talked to the lady in charge of the fish about it and she completely blew me off.:mad:

dragracer

DO NOT let the lfs worker who told the customer that a 55 gallon FOWLR tank would be "plenty large enough" for a pinnatius batfish go on living. That boy shoulda been fired on the spot.

drakken

Originally posted by dragracer
DO NOT let the lfs worker who told the customer that a 55 gallon FOWLR tank would be "plenty large enough" for a pinnatius batfish go on living. That boy shoulda been fired on the spot.

No, he should not have been fired. Instead he should be placed in a closet that is too small for him to stand up in.
OK, I know what you're thinking.... why torment a perfectly good closet that way. :D

karajay

Originally posted by Drakken
OK, I know what you're thinking.... why torment a perfectly good closet that way. :D

:D :D :D

gailkaitschuck

Do not get discouraged if you do something dumb with your tank.
Learn from your mistakes and don't do it again.
Don't get your partner interested in saltwater. Between the two of you, you will soon be broke. Or working for corals.

pprize

Do Not tell you fish goodnight and not your Girlfriend. For some reason they get pissed. I'll never understand women!

neutronics

DO NOT think that by looking at your tank, a crystal clear tank water indicates excellent water quality. Get a complete set of test kits, for nitrates especially.
And use it :D

toytek

DO NOT polish nails then clean tank!!!!!
Do Not :( bug bomb house and not cover tank!!!
Do Not leave frozen brine shrimp out over night
and feed a few days later!!!

dacia

DO NOT forget to look before you toss some LR into the tank...many fish are flat, but not THAT flat...

angelover

DO NOT apply medications to your display tank.
DO NOT listen to your lfs
DO NOT tally your monthly lfs prices or youll make yourself find anew hobby

tony detroit

Do not point returns out of water to prevent backsiphon while you maintenance pump, then turn pump back on, forget about the returns aiming for the sky and shoot water all over girlfriend sitting at computer.(lucky she was there or it would have went on the computer)
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: