The Sobering Facts

jmick

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Of course... with your spouse.
and hopefully a handful of people beforehand.
Are you married? If not, are you a virgin?

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jmick
and hopefully a handful of people beforehand.
You believe that people should? Do you honestly think that it would be beneficial for me to head out to the nightclub tonight? No, I am not married... and no, I am not a kid...

jmick

You believe that people should? Do you honestly think that it would be beneficial for me to head out to the nightclub tonight? No, I am not married... and no, I am not a kid...
I am by no means advocating one night stands; I'd be weary of anyone who'd have --- with a person after just meeting them.
If you are in a committed relationship with a person and have feelings for them then you should engage and do so rather often...it's surprisingly good for the mind, body and spirit.

clown boy

If you are in a committed relationship with a person and have feelings for them then you should engage and do so rather often...it's surprisingly good for the mind, body and spirit.
But not marry him/her?

jmick

But not marry him/her?
If you have strong enough feelings for them then yes, that would be a logical step. If you don't love them, then no.

petjunkie

Marriage is just a ring and a piece of paper, for the nonreligious like myself I don't really see the point. (other than the tax breaks and other benefits of course) As for the abortion stats, I agree women should not be allowed to use it as a form of birth control but it's not my place to judge other people.

clown boy

If you have strong enough feelings for them then yes, that would be a logical step. If you don't love them, then no.
You mean you would do... umm... "it"... with someone that you don't love???

jmick

You mean you would do... umm... "it"... with someone that you don't love???
That would have been the case with every woman before my wife.

clown boy

If you have strong enough feelings for them
I suppose you mean "lust"... (no offense...)

clown boy

Back to the original topic, I have to say that abortion these days is worse than the slaughterhouses talked about in another thread...

H

huskychasrs

This forum couldn't handle my real response to this.

Its legal and get over it. It'll never be banned, people will continue to have ---, and people will get abortions.

clown boy

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
Its legal and get over it. It'll never be banned, people will continue to have ---, and people will get abortions.
Don't be too sure... this election has a lot of folks who have vowed to make it illegal...

reefreak29

I just wrote a long letter here then deleted it , i didnt want to get banned.
the sad thing is every one of those woman that had an abortion suffer deeply from it for the rest of there lives, religouse groups do get involed, in fact they show the baby to the mothers threw ultrasound that want to have an abortion and 80 percent of the time they choose not to abort.

jovial

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
This forum couldn't handle my real response to this.

Slavery is still legal in Decatur, Alabama also... The law and morality are often at odds.
http://crazylaws.com/

jerthunter

So is it half as bad when our haploid gametes die off? I mean that is half a baby right?
Just for the sake of discussion, lets say an oppressive government gets formed and makes abortion illegal, what should the punishment be for women who get one? I suppose if it is murder then they should be put on trial and get put to death right?

jovial

If unfertilized there is no chance for haploid gametes to develop into anything other than haploid gametes.

jerthunter

Ha, you changed your post since I beat you to the what should the punishment be huh?
Not that I mind, althought it is nice to see someone is thinking about that besides me.

jmick

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
So is it half as bad when our haploid gametes die off? I mean that is half a baby right?
Just for the sake of discussion, lets say an oppressive government gets formed and makes abortion illegal, what should the punishment be for women who get one? I suppose if it is murder then they should be put on trial and get put to death right?
That's a great question, can't wait for the responses.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Jovial
If unfertilized there is no chance for haploid gametes to develop into anything other than haploid gametes.
But the potential to get it fertilized was there so wouldn't it be wrong to rob that life of its chance to even start?