This guy wants to be president?

hlcroghan

Although I don't agree with everything he says, I do like Obama. I was in the the Marine Corps when 9/11 happened and I was supportive of defending our country. However, I do believe that we need to end the war. I am all about helping other countries but not at the expense of my own. We have had thousands of deaths in Iraq and Iran to help a country that needs to learn to do this on their own and who does not want us there. We keep giving them money and supplies that should be used here in this country for people who are suffering. I don't really see any gray area. I have nothing but contempt for our current president and I think is the worst one in the United States history.

stdreb27

oh a side note, the housing bill that bush didn't veto would have been overridden anyway. IT passed by a 2/3's majority.

jmick

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2698663
I appreciate you asking that Rylan; but in all honesty, and without any malice in my answer, I can honestly say you don't want to know. Your candidate and your party are completely invested in losing over here Rylan. Obama made that clear when he said he still opposes the troop surge, even though it seems to have helped.

This will be the third month in a row where casualties in Afghanistan are greater than Allied casualties in Iraq. How long before the same people that are calling for a withdrawal from Iraq are calling for the same from Afghanistan?
I resent Obama coming over here Rylan. He didn't come on a "fact finding" mission as he claimed. He came on a photo-opt tour. He shook a few hands, got his photo taken a lot, listened to his yes men, then hopped on a coptor and got back out of dodge.
I've met a lot of good people over here Rylan. They are supporters of the coalition forces. They and their families live in the IZ and work to support our mission. They are alive because Al Qaeda can't get to them in here. If we withdraw prematurely they will be slaughtered. Do you understand the ramification of that? Can you understand that?
Tell us this wise and all knowing Journey, how are we going to win this "war" and what will that entail? Didn't Bush announce years back on the deck of the aircraft carrier that we had won?
Does Obama have all the reports from Petraeus at his disposal? What more would he really learn in the green zone that he doesn't already know?
On top of that, you are a profiteer of war...you certainly don't want to see it come to an end. I'd love nothing more then to be able to pull out in 18-24 months and allow them to defend/govern/maintain their own country and the democracy we gave them.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Jmick
http:///forum/post/2698781
Tell us this wise and all knowing Journey, how are we going to win this "war" and what will that entail? Didn't Bush announce years back on the deck of the aircraft carrier that we had won?
Does Obama have all the reports from Petraeus at his disposal? What more would he really learn in the green zone that he doesn't already know?
On top of that, you are a profiteer of war...you certainly don't want to see it come to an end. I'd love nothing more then to be able to pull out in 18-24 months and allow them to defend/govern/maintain their own country and the democracy we gave them.
Jmick, why is it so hard to define "winning" a war? In fact, "winning" the war in Iraq (if you choose to separate the two) is much easier to define than winning the war against terrorism. (I don't separate the two wars, btw, by many on your side, including Obama, try to by denying Al Qaeda is in Iraq).
President Bush did declare victory; And against combat forces of the Iraqi army we had won. The enemy changed.
I have no idea what reports Obama has at his disposal. I can say it's clear he doesn't read them. I base this on his belief Al Qaeda is not in Iraq...
Again I'll point out you and others said if I believed in the War so much I should come over here. Now that I am here you try to call me a war profiteer? Are our soldiers war profiteers? They get paid too after all... As I've said before, my job will be here whether or not Iraq becomes a stable environment. The more stable the easier my job becomes. I've explained that before, but it seems you would rather make up a job description for me.

spanko

Be very careful here, I still say he is the antichrist, and maybe Rylan1 is his false prophet!!!!!
"The nations are ready to give the kingdoms of the world to any one man who will offer us a solution to our world's problems."
Salty Blues…..We'll need God's help. Unfortunately, many won't remember or care what Obama says. They will remember how "presidential" he looks jaunting around the Middle East.
Reefraff…..Ever noticed the glazed over look in the eyes of the people placed behind Obama at his speeches? It's like watching those women that followed Charlie Manson. Flat out scary
What I find interesting is all the endorsements that Obama has been getting internationally. I mentioned before that the world is just as interested in this election as we are, if not more, and that most heavily favor Obama. Europe does, as well as the Middle East. When the King of Jordan personally drives you to the Airport in his car... that says a lot.
Anyone else find it interesting that he said he was a "citizen of the world" and based more importance on that than being a us citizen.
Stdreb27…..Ummm fine then let him run the UN and not the United States, where he is sworn to defend and protect the USA not the world.
Rylan1…..Did you see the reception and mass of people who greeted him in Germany..
1journeyman…..When the masses in the Middle East and Europe are fans of a candidate it should make you pause and ask yourself why.
Rylan1…..Watch the thousands who gathered to hear him speech on your news tonight...
Rylan1…..but this is a MOVEMENT that is now World Wide.
Rylan1…..We'll welcome you if you want to join the movement...
Stdreb27…..Stop drinking the coolaid and think about this for a second.
Reefraff…..Maybe they are putting something in the water
Stdreb27…..And let’s not forget his complete arrogance by going around pretending to be prez while he is just a candidate.
Stdreb27…..lol, no, we just don't listen have obamagazisms every time obama speaks so we must be brainwashed...

rylan1

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2699257
Be very careful here, I still say he is the antichrist, and maybe Rylan1 is his false prophet!!!!!
"The nations are ready to give the kingdoms of the world to any one man who will offer us a solution to our world's problems."
Salty Blues…..We'll need God's help. Unfortunately, many won't remember or care what Obama says. They will remember how "presidential" he looks jaunting around the Middle East.
Reefraff…..Ever noticed the glazed over look in the eyes of the people placed behind Obama at his speeches? It's like watching those women that followed Charlie Manson. Flat out scary
What I find interesting is all the endorsements that Obama has been getting internationally. I mentioned before that the world is just as interested in this election as we are, if not more, and that most heavily favor Obama. Europe does, as well as the Middle East. When the King of Jordan personally drives you to the Airport in his car... that says a lot.
Anyone else find it interesting that he said he was a "citizen of the world" and based more importance on that than being a us citizen.
Stdreb27…..Ummm fine then let him run the UN and not the United States, where he is sworn to defend and protect the USA not the world.
Rylan1…..Did you see the reception and mass of people who greeted him in Germany..
1journeyman…..When the masses in the Middle East and Europe are fans of a candidate it should make you pause and ask yourself why.
Rylan1…..Watch the thousands who gathered to hear him speech on your news tonight...
Rylan1…..but this is a MOVEMENT that is now World Wide.
Rylan1…..We'll welcome you if you want to join the movement...
Stdreb27…..Stop drinking the coolaid and think about this for a second.
Reefraff…..Maybe they are putting something in the water
Stdreb27…..And let’s not forget his complete arrogance by going around pretending to be prez while he is just a candidate.
Stdreb27…..lol, no, we just don't listen have obamagazisms every time obama speaks so we must be brainwashed...
You speak as if my comments are scripture or prophecy.... I don't believe they are... I don't believe Obama is the anti-christ and this is not "Left Behind".
With that said, I do not, and would not follow a man as if he were God, but lets not get carried away with the same fear tactics we've had this entire campaign. Obama offers the best solution for our domestic problems in this election, as well as the military and diplomatic issues we face abroad. But again I'll make it clear that no one man should "rule" the world and I would oppose this for anyone, including Obama.

spanko

Rylan1, just trying a little levity in using your name as the false prophet as you are a fairly staunch defender of Obama.
Still this guy scares me a tad in that someone that has the kind of blind following he has could in fact be corrupted by his own view of himself. This is not too crazy for a rock star, movie star, sport figure but a potential world leader well...............................

mgatdog

Like I've said before Rep or Dem they all full of hot air or s--t. The people think they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and that it is a good trick.
As for Iraq needs to grow up and Quit su_king money out of US. Reminds me of the kid living at home the parents handing money and car out to him.Never worked and is 32 yrs old. Hey Why not milk the cow as long as it's giving you the milk for free. We need to cut the cord soon!!! We have problems here in States that need worked on but again if Rep or Dem not kissing each others a_ _ we the people suffer again.

nwdyr

"we" as voters in this country have little or no effect on choosing the next Tony Soprano of this country. They lie...they steal...they send out the youth of America (a.k.a. our CHILDREN) to become killers for there own benefit, then pretend it was for our "freedom" Flip a coin and cast a vote b/c they are both liars and are not going to do ANYTHING that has a positive effect on how you and I pay our rent or raise our children. These men are just gang leaders , with BIG gangs!

darthtang aw

Here is my issue currently with Obama...I do not believe he truly respects nor honors the sacrifice of those that came before him and paved the way with their lives. 3 presidents gave speeches of significance in Germany. all three visited the graves of those who lost their lives fighting in the world wars. Obama, hops off the plane, gives his speech, and that is it.
Now I ask myself, you are in one of the oldest countries in the world with so much history and you can't take the simple 5 minutes of time to pay homage and respect? I am sorry, this guy is a piece of work. Number one, no presidential CANDIDATE should be making speeches in Europe until they have the job. a person doesn't apply at McDonalds then start taking orders before getting hired.
The media said he looked very presidential during the speech. Just because you look presidential does not mean you qualify. My 13 year old daughter looks like she can drive, should I give her the keys to a car without herself proving her ability to drive through a test? That is just it, this guy is not Kennedy. This guy has done as much in Washington as I have.......he is not proven, yet a good amount of you are willing to stake this country on him. I wonder how many of you would keep stock in a company if the company promoted a CEO just out of college with 2 years of on the job experience in the company......

stdreb27

If what the pentagon is saying is true, this REALLY rubs me wrong. According to the pentigon they had no problems with Obama going into the military hospital, as long as it was him the Secret Service and his senate staff, NO MEDIA or CAMERAS so he declined. Then turned around hand his campain said they were not allowed in. This is just rediculous. Can't get his photo-op so he doesn't bother going.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonath...cal_rules.html

reefraff

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2699463
If what the pentagon is saying is true, this REALLY rubs me wrong. According to the pentigon they had no problems with Obama going into the military hospital, as long as it was him the Secret Service and his senate staff, NO MEDIA or CAMERAS
so he declined. Then turned around hand his campain said they were not allowed in. This is just rediculous. Can't get his photo-op so he doesn't bother going.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonath...cal_rules.html
Typical Obama.
Just like he didn't leave his church because of the racist filth, it was the media causing the problem.

texasmetal

McCain's kinda sad. It's like visiting my grandparents when I see him on TV. He rambles on and gets of subject... early stages of dementia I presume.

sickboy

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
http:///forum/post/2699603
McCain's kinda sad. It's like visiting my grandparents when I see him on TV. He rambles on and gets of subject... early stages of dementia I presume.
Yeah, I agree. This thread has been a bunch of Obama bashing, but when you look at his opponent it looks pretty grim as well. We need more political parties in the US, similar to in Europe so that we would have like 5 candidates instead of 2 who both have major down sides in their policies. IMO, it seems like this election will come down to choosing what you believe is the lesser of two evils.

rylan1

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2699432
Here is my issue currently with Obama...I do not believe he truly respects nor honors the sacrifice of those that came before him and paved the way with their lives. 3 presidents gave speeches of significance in Germany. all three visited the graves of those who lost their lives fighting in the world wars. Obama, hops off the plane, gives his speech, and that is it.
Now I ask myself, you are in one of the oldest countries in the world with so much history and you can't take the simple 5 minutes of time to pay homage and respect? I am sorry, this guy is a piece of work. Number one, no presidential CANDIDATE should be making speeches in Europe until they have the job. a person doesn't apply at McDonalds then start taking orders before getting hired.
The media said he looked very presidential during the speech. Just because you look presidential does not mean you qualify. My 13 year old daughter looks like she can drive, should I give her the keys to a car without herself proving her ability to drive through a test? That is just it, this guy is not Kennedy. This guy has done as much in Washington as I have.......he is not proven, yet a good amount of you are willing to stake this country on him. I wonder how many of you would keep stock in a company if the company promoted a CEO just out of college with 2 years of on the job experience in the company......
I'm going to disagree... 1st of all McCain told him he needed to go overseas. 2nd McCain has also given speeches in Mexico, Middle East, Canada, and I think Columbia. So how much time should he have taken to speak about Germany?

rylan1

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2699314
Rylan1, just trying a little levity in using your name as the false prophet as you are a fairly staunch defender of Obama.
Still this guy scares me a tad in that someone that has the kind of blind following he has could in fact be corrupted by his own view of himself. This is not too crazy for a rock star, movie star, sport figure but a potential world leader well...............................
Thats were you are wrong... We are not blind... We are actually more active and more informed than ever before. People use to say they are better off in the current Bush Admin, then they were during Clinton era.... I am sure not to many people can say that now... Probably about 5% of people who are the rich. Point is, we want change in a changing world... Now a President is not going to change everything or make it all better... but what is different is that Obama inspires us to be better and to take control of our duties in our own lives and country... McCain does not have this ability... this is why Obama gets the comparisons to Kennedy.

reefraff

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2699629
Yeah, I agree. This thread has been a bunch of Obama bashing, but when you look at his opponent it looks pretty grim as well. We need more political parties in the US, similar to in Europe so that we would have like 5 candidates instead of 2 who both have major down sides in their policies. IMO, it seems like this election will come down to choosing what you believe is the lesser of two evils.
We have more than 5 candidates now. Problem is the party bosses and the media decide where the attention is focused. It's probably going to take a billionaire jumping and and writing some huge checks to say

[hr]
you guys and crack the two party monopoly