tomb of jesus

sig45

Originally Posted by dcoyle11
I also agree very nicely put.....Again its called the Flesh...
I understand what means to live in the flesh or in the spirit, those who do not know what it is to live in the spirit, only lives in the flesh so its really Irrelevant to speak of living in the flesh. consider the veiw of others in their shoes, every one does not see the same thing as a beliver and likewise.

johnny84

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Could he have risen from the dead, lived out the rest of his life and ascended to heaven when his human body died the second time?

Jesus was as human as you or I. He did not rise from the dead. There is no proof that he did. Its all about faith, its about whether or not you believe he was the son of god or not. Its a myth. The stories that are written in the new testament are only part of a story. There is so much missing and so much left out on purpose. The new testament was put together by a select group of monks that only chose THOSE specific writings and even the writings they chose contridict each other. There is so much more to the story that we dont know about and probably never will. Why does the Vatican have a locked chamber that only the pope can go into ? Makes you wonder what they are hiding.

sig45

Originally Posted by Johnny84
Jesus was as human as you or I. He did not rise from the dead. There is no proof that he did. Its all about faith, its about whether or not you believe he was the son of god or not. Its a myth. The stories that are written in the new testament are only part of a story. There is so much missing and so much left out on purpose. The new testament was put together by a select group of monks that only chose THOSE specific writings and even the writings they chose contridict each other. There is so much more to the story that we dont know about and probably never will. Why does the Vatican have a locked chamber that only the pope can go into ? Makes you wonder what they are hiding.
I am generally interested in what you are saying, I am christian, and the question is where did you get the info in your statment, and what proof is there to back it, just a little side note as well the story of the birth of christ - the story of salvation is also all in the old testament, also in 1tim. the bible says that the word of god is all God breathed, reply, let me know what you think .. Im not one of these guys that will tell you my way is the only way, im interested.

dcoyle11

Originally Posted by sig45
I understand what means to live in the flesh or in the spirit, those who do not know what it is to live in the spirit, only lives in the flesh so its really Irrelevant to speak of living in the flesh. consider the veiw of others in their shoes, every one does not see the same thing as a beliver and likewise.
yes i agree .. i am sorry i thought i was talking to you.. i expected you to understand.

bang guy

Originally Posted by watson3
Now you are stepping into the other branches of Chrisianity ie. Mormons, Latter Day Saints
I'm not a believer. I just do not see how finding his bones in an ossuary proves he didn't rise from the dead.

sig45

Originally Posted by dcoyle11
yes i agree .. i am sorry i thought i was talking to you.. i expected you to understand.
i uderstand what you were saying,

johnny84

I am generally interested in what you are saying, I am christian, and the question is where did you get the info in your statment, and what proof is there to back it, just a little side note as well the story of the birth of christ - the story of salvation is also all in the old testament, also in 1tim. the bible says that the word of god is all God breathed, reply, let me know what you think .. Im not one of these guys that will tell you my way is the only way, im interested.

I've read a lot of historical books about the life of Jesus, I was born Catholic, went to catholic school, but after reading some of these historical books, it has changed my opinion on religion in general. All religion is based on a myth, doesnt matter what religion you believe in, its all based on egyptian myths. A virgin birth, a death for the sins of man, etc... There is a ton of information about the man named Jesus, you just have to go looking for it. In particular I've read one of Dr. James Tabor books "The Jesus Dynasty" its very informative. I recommend reading it if you have an open mind and are curious to what really could have happened. I will always say that we will never know 100% what really happened and I will never bash anyone for having faith in a religion.

dragonzim

I dont think I would, like i said, is it possible that the religion i chose to follow is wrong, sure, but it does not change the fact thats where my hope and faith is, if believing in somethings makes me live a different way, a better life, then why question it, and of course im speaking in the content of what if... so i really cant say for sure. But i do question a persons motives that has no beleif or religion, trying to destroy joy of so many.
I am not trying to destroy your beliefs or the joy you get from following a religion. I just find it interesting that for so many people, if they were offered absolute, definitive proof either way that they would choose to ignore said proof and blindly go on with their beliefs

johnny84

Originally Posted by DragonZim
I am not trying to destroy your beliefs or the joy you get from following a religion. I just find it interesting that for so many people, if they were offered absolute, definitive proof either way that they would choose to ignore said proof and blindly go on with their beliefs

thats what happens when your close minded

dragonzim

All religion is based on a myth, doesnt matter what religion you believe in, its all based on egyptian myths.
Where did you get that from? I dont practice any religion myself, but I was brought up Jewish and the Jewish religion has been around just as long, if not longer than the Egyptians

dragonzim

thats what happens when your close minded
Um, OK... How is it closed minded of me to question something like this? I would say that I more open minded than many here in saying that if there was proof either way that I would be willing to look at it rather than being closed minded and not accepting that proof.

johnny84

Where did you get that from? I dont practice any religion myself, but I was brought up Jewish and the Jewish religion has been around just as long, if not longer than the Egyptians
"Holy Blood, Holy Grail" by Micheal Baigent. We celebrate Dec. 25th as Jesus's birthday, but in fact its not really his birthday. Dec 25th is an egyptian holiday that celebrates the sun. Jesus was born in either March or May I forget which month, but I know its not December 25th.

watson3

"Holy Blood, Holy Grail" by Micheal Baigent.

You might as well quote Wiki..

dragonzim

"Holy Blood, Holy Grail" by Micheal Baigent. We celebrate Dec. 25th as Jesus's birthday, but in fact its not really his birthday. Dec 25th is an egyptian holiday that celebrates the sun. Jesus was born in either March or May I forget which month, but I know its not December 25th.

The holiday surrounding the birth of Jesus was moved to December 25 to coincide with the European Pagan holiday of Yule

ajwiggz

I don't think that has anything to do with the Jewish religion though and that was the point he was bring up.

sig45

I've read a lot of historical books about the life of Jesus, I was born Catholic, went to catholic school, but after reading some of these historical books, it has changed my opinion on religion in general. All religion is based on a myth, doesnt matter what religion you believe in, its all based on egyptian myths. A virgin birth, a death for the sins of man, etc... There is a ton of information about the man named Jesus, you just have to go looking for it. In particular I've read one of Dr. James Tabor books "The Jesus Dynasty" its very informative. I recommend reading it if you have an open mind and are curious to what really could have happened. I will always say that we will never know 100% what really happened and I will never bash anyone for having faith in a religion.
noble, and i agree with you on the last part of your statment, but my rebuttle on reading all of these books, is this they are written by man, and believe me i have done my share of reading different books, i used to a license minister, , i had to take a class called world cults and religions, its mind boggling, i will admit, but this is what i found that works for me, think for your self, whats makes the best since, and what can be backed, and then finally, personal events, do you think we can agree that the bible just may be the best religion book on God and Christ and what not... and according to the bible, it is written by followers of god himself called apostles, lame terms people who write letter from god, People like Paul, who first was a man who killed christians for their beleif, then was touched by god, and then lived the rest of his life preaching the world untill killed. and theres many more. if the bible is truley read i think many will find that is is pretty streight for the most part, i will admit it is offten taken out of context.

ajwiggz

I had to watch a movie about Paul the other day it was pretty good. Talk about going from one end of the spectrum to the other. Very neat stuff

sig45

its like this smith wigglesworth has been recorded to bring several of People back from the dead, this is going to sound funny but look it up its documented he punted a dead baby aginst a wall, and brought that child back to life, now, smith was a vessle for god, so that babys parent probely had a real faith in god, her life was probely change forever, how would you like if your life was changed forever for the good, and one day you woke up and some one proved it was a lie, i dare you, ask that question to some one who should be dead but still lives, and believes it was a miricle from God.