TriGa22's Tank Diary

bocfuss

Looks good, keep us posted. Those lights are great, and I have the same skimmer. It took a long time for mine to get stable and stop going nuts all the time. Now I just empty the cup and it really gets some rank green, yellow, brown stuff out of the tank. Looking good.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Skimmer is bubling cause of stress coat in the new water.My LFS they sell some without the coat, he said that wont make them go crazy. So what do you think. Negative comments help so dont be scared :joy:
Are the micro bubbles making it into the tank? Can't tell from the pics. If so, then don't use that stress coat stuff as micro bubble are not good. They can get into the gills and cause problems for your fish, talk about stress! :scared: I personally don't use the stress coat, but maybe someone out there does and can say something about it.
BTW, love the Panda pic.! :cheer: Wonder if he'll fit in my tank! :hilarious

triga22

Here is the sump I built and designed today and yesterday. All I need to add is the baffles which I will put on when the shipment is here. Equippment
30$ Acrylic
4$ Silicone
10$ 10 Gallon Tank
Tools

Jigsaw
Drill 1/2 1/4 inch
Sander
Tape Measure
Here are some pictures.
:joy:

jayc

Lookin good!! Never thought about making own rock. What are you using to make it with?
-Josh

brandan

One thing I wish I would have done is to add a second baffle after the bubble trap. I have the same exact setup as you, 20g display, 10g sump, SS65 skimmer, 130PC lighting, and I wish i would have made my baffle that same height as the first one. So you have your first baffle that goes from the bottom up and then the one that goes from the top down, and then now add one that goes from the bottom up to the same height as the very first one. I know it probably sounds kinda confusing. . . This will prevent the water from flowing harsh over the first baffle and just dragging the bubbles up under the bubble trap. Just my two cents, tank looks great though.