Updated Pics, 24g Nano

peef

Originally Posted by Mach03InFront
looks good !

Again thanks. I am about to put in an assortment of mushrooms. I loooooove the metallic green stipped and watermelon amoung a few others. I figure it would look cool to have a couple of colours!

peef

Originally Posted by Clay12340
Why'd you kill the little cuke or whatever it was?
I am not sure what a cuke is? But I saw it running around and it was around 9 inches long when stretched. I know they are ok and actually a benifit to the tank if they are small. When they get that big they can run out of food and go after crustations and some soft coral. I would rather have the worms out. I actually found another last night.

peef

Alright so last night during my water change I totally took apart the aquascape so I could put some reinforced bars into the LR surrounded by apoxy for support. I took out three pieces of LR for future corals. Here are the after pics. everything survived the ordeal so far!!!!

peef

I also added a few "zoos" today. I will put the pics up when they open. They are nice blue's!!!!

R

reefernana

Hey, is that a clarkii clown or a sebae? I've been researching them as I like the way they turn dark but then have the yellow/orange tail and nose. Thanks!

peef

Originally Posted by reefernana
Hey, is that a clarkii clown or a sebae? I've been researching them as I like the way they turn dark but then have the yellow/orange tail and nose. Thanks!

It is a sebae. I love it. He is very active and gets on with my other fish well. He is in looove with his BTA. I recommend one totally!

peef

Originally Posted by Jesses89
that wasnt a "cuke" (cucumber)... probably a fire worm
Yes it was a fire worm. Freaken nasty thing. They are alright when small but at that size they can eat your soft coral.

reefer545

It was not a fire worm It was sand sifting cucumber. They are detritus eaters/scavengers, and it would have been fine until it starved to death, depending on age and size of your tank. BRISTLE or FIRE worms are red or pinkish white with very definite white spines or bristles protuding latterally parrallel down the sides of the body and if ya touched it would most likely be stung by it. If you touched that and it didnt sting you, it is not a fire worm. Just to clarify, I mean no offense. Perhaps that is a bad pic, but based on your others, I would have to say it was a cucumber. Oh well. Nice tank, GREAT Pagoda Cup, adn others. Keep up the good work.

peef

Originally Posted by REEFER545
It was not a fire worm It was sand sifting cucumber. They are detritus eaters/scavengers, and it would have been fine until it starved to death, depending on age and size of your tank. BRISTLE or FIRE worms are red or pinkish white with very definite white spines or bristles protuding latterally parrallel down the sides of the body and if ya touched it would most likely be stung by it. If you touched that and it didnt sting you, it is not a fire worm. Just to clarify, I mean no offense. Perhaps that is a bad pic, but based on your others, I would have to say it was a cucumber. Oh well. Nice tank, GREAT Pagoda Cup, adn others. Keep up the good work.

I didn't even know there were any sandsifting cucumbers. This one did have the white spines going down the side of the whole body. You can see them in the picture quite well. I never touched it as I don't really like pain...but if you really think it is a cucumber do you know anywhere I could visit to learn more about them?

perfectdark

Sweet pic man... I love that coral.. I want to get one.. I have been debating it for a while because I dont want the hassel of spot feeding it. But it looks awesome, i think im gonna get one.