Updated Pics, 24g Nano

demartini

your sun coral is stunning! I wish I could have better luck with them...
gotta love the new ricordias! =)

peef

Sooooo, I decided with my previous aquascape I was wasting space and BOY was I right. So here is the new aquascape

perfectdark

Ahhhh ic... very very nice indeed. Looks good and alot more room.
As luck would have it I tore apart my tank the other day to get all my fish out. So while I was reasembling it I reaquascaped AGAIN !!! it never seems to go back the same way. Any way trying to utilize everything and have the most free space left things have changed considerably.
But yours looks really awesome keep it up.

grabbitt

Awesome aquascape.
Everything looks great

Is your sun coral doing alright there? It seems like that would be too much light

peef

Thats the thing about the sun coral, its not that sun hurts them, its that they don't need it. It just doesn't open during the daylight but at night WOOOOOO it opens big time. I kind of like the fact that there is new stuff to see at night compared to the daytime.

perfectdark

Actually non photosynthetic corals can get hurt by the light...FYI. From what I have read they can bleach because they dont use the light to produce zooxanthellea, it has no need for it. Coloration is sustained by our coals through the propogation of Zoox. If a high light source over time like MH are used over these non photo synt type corals they can bleach out.

ryno_mn

man you have a very nice tank, I enjoy looking at it, is there anything you can do about your avatar? When i see it, it makes me not wanna read your thread....Very nice tank tho...

peef

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllllly well, again my LFS bites the bullet on that one. Well, hmmmmmm, don't really know what my options are. I can put it under a ledge but then feeding every polyp is a huge problem unless I move it every other night.....dang I am at a loss. any suggestions

peef

Originally Posted by Ryno_mn
man you have a very nice tank, I enjoy looking at it, is there anything you can do about your avatar? When i see it, it makes me not wanna read your thread....Very nice tank tho...

Honestly I appreciate the compliments but I am not going to change my pic just because you don't really like it. Just so you know it was a pimp n ho party and thats not how I really dress or anything.

perfectdark

Hence the difficulty in having one..
No easy soultion here but try to arrange a formation of shade that will let you get to the polyups for feeding. do you shut off your PH and pump when you feed it? it might be possible for you to feed the hard to reach polyups by squirting the food in polyups area and let gravity drop it on the tube. Sorry for popping the preverbial bubble but better to be informed now than pay later.

peef

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
Hence the difficulty in having one..
No easy soultion here but try to arrange a formation of shade that will let you get to the polyups for feeding. do you shut off your PH and pump when you feed it? it might be possible for you to feed the hard to reach polyups by squirting the food in polyups area and let gravity drop it on the tube. Sorry for popping the preverbial bubble but better to be informed now than pay later.

Hey, no need to appologize for helpful info!!!! I do have one area I might be able to get him, I am going to try this after work. Thanks again I do appreciate the insight.

ryno_mn

i figured there was a story behind the picture, just wanted to see what yoiu had to say about it. Nice Tank.

sambucus

Awesome Pics, you must have a nice camera to go with those pics. What kind of anemone is that for your clown? I want to get one soon, but not sure on what to get. I have a pair of clarkii they look just like yours, but not sure what a sebae is
I haven't started adding any corals yet, but after seeing that sun coral you have, Thats #1 with a bullet on my list

peef

Originally Posted by Ryno_mn
i figured there was a story behind the picture, just wanted to see what yoiu had to say about it. Nice Tank.

Hey no worries, thanks again.

peef

Originally Posted by sambucus
Awesome Pics, you must have a nice camera to go with those pics. What kind of anemone is that for your clown? I want to get one soon, but not sure on what to get. I have a pair of clarkii they look just like yours, but not sure what a sebae is
I haven't started adding any corals yet, but after seeing that sun coral you have, Thats #1 with a bullet on my list

Thanks alot!!! It is a Bubble tip anemone, I really like it alot but wish that i would have gotten one with a little more eh, "pizzaz" yah know. He is pretty and all but I would go with a rose bubble tip at the LEAST next time. I am not sure about what else to say about the sebae, it is pronounced....see bay. Other than that I love 'im his name is Ernie. The sun coral is AWESOME quite a bit of work though, and you do have to have some kind of ledge to hide it under, I just moved mine about 10 minutes ago. You have to spot feed every polyp but for me it is worth it.

peef

So thanks to PD and some great info I moved my suncoral and a few others around to be better suited to there needs. Here is a new pic with my new gorgonian in the tank. More to come soon!!!

fishieness

looking good so far! I love the closed brain andd your anenome is definatly looking better as it goes along :)
i see that the sun coral is starting to look worse? or perhaps it is just in those pictures. It was a little recessed when you bought it :( but the best of luck
And i hope you did your research on that gorgonian and ESPECIALLY the flame scallop I saw earlier. Search "Rob Toonen Flame Scallopes" on google and click on the first article from reefkeeping magazine.
Also, just to let you know, that clown you have is a sabae, not a clarkii. They look similar and are even often sold as the same fish. Many online stores even have the same picture for a sabae and a clarkii. But you can tell what yours is because it has 3 white stripes. sabaes only have 2. They are also much more uncommon.
I also dont know how accurate the rest of the information from peted is, but a high hat efiantly gets larger than 9 inches ;)
looking good and good luck

peef

Originally Posted by fishieness
looking good so far! I love the closed brain andd your anenome is definatly looking better as it goes along :)
i see that the sun coral is starting to look worse? or perhaps it is just in those pictures. It was a little recessed when you bought it :( but the best of luck
And i hope you did your research on that gorgonian and ESPECIALLY the flame scallop I saw earlier. Search "Rob Toonen Flame Scallopes" on google and click on the first article from reefkeeping magazine.
Also, just to let you know, that clown you have is a sabae, not a clarkii. They look similar and are even often sold as the same fish. Many online stores even have the same picture for a sabae and a clarkii. But you can tell what yours is because it has 3 white stripes. sabaes only have 2. They are also much more uncommon.
I also dont know how accurate the rest of the information from peted is, but a high hat efiantly gets larger than 9 inches ;)
looking good and good luck

The highhat is long gone, but after alot of research and seeing LOADS of them diving, I have never seen one bigger than 9 inches. The flame scallope is also gone living in the canal outside of my house. He wasn't very happy as I have good water. You said the clown was a sebae and not a clarkii, but then said that mine has 3 stripes as a sebae has 2, which one is it? The Sun coral is actually better than ever, at night is only time it comes out, but when it does wow. It wasn't in the best of shape from the LFS but now is growing like crazy. Almost 2 new polyps a week. Thanks for the input!!!!
Oh also what about the gorgonian? I do feed it at night every few days, and I need to move it lower as its a low light coral. But should it be completely out of direct light as the suncoral is?

fishieness

woops. sorry. I meant to say that your clown is a clarkii and not a sabae :) I woke up from a long night just previous to that post

The yellow corky gorgonian, as it appears that one is, are easier to take care of than others, but still should be fed pretty often. That's all. But with the sun coral an feather duster, you are probably already feeding the tank a good amount. It jsut needs a little extra care, is all :)
And once again, i also messed up when referenceing the "sun coral". i actualy meant the bubble. Once again, sorry. And the tank is coming along very nicely :)

peef

Thanks, and yeah the bubble went downhill I think due to not enough flow and being to high in the tank. I moved it down to the bottom now and it is already showing drastic improvement. Went from being fully out when bought, to always hiding, to now about half out I would say. I am nursing it back as carefully as I can. Any ideas? My nitrates got high for about a week or so like 20-25 ( I was inadvertantly overfeeding
but I got that in check quikly thanks to Perfect Dark!!!!) but they are at about 3 now due to lots of work. And since the trates went down bubble went up.