Welcome to your New Community Board!

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the new Community Board. We hope you like your new home.

We'll be polishing up the place over the next few days but please feel free to post your constructive comments and suggestions in this thread.

We want to make this the best site for friendly advise and information and we appreciate your participation.

All the Best.

Scott

meowzer

Thanks Scott....for trying so hard to make this better for us

It will take a little getting use to...but we will :)

meowzer

OK...in our profile...what happened to our albums and all our friends?

ALSO....we use to be able to look at the home page....on the bottom would be members onlin...members birthdays and stuff....where is that?

meowzer

OK...I have another one....after you reply to a post....it use to take you right back to that reply.....NOW it takes you to the begining of the page or post.....

meowzer

OK...so you have to be in the post to do that.....and then after you post you have to click it again...(insert confused smiley)

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/379590/welcome-to-your-new-community-board#post_3299684

ALSO....we use to be able to look at the home page....on the bottom would be members onlin...members birthdays and stuff....where is that?

We no longer have the exact analog for friends anymore, as we've gone the Twitter route to have other members follow you. We're planning some enhancements to that feature however, so keep an eye out for changes and we'll let you know what's coming.

cranberry

Look into Tapatalk. Not too many boards have it activated right now and it would be a chance to be a part of a select few and get our participation up before the rest follow suit. It's very convenient at work that I found myself visiting sites I don't normally visit.

Is the ad size reducible? If not, do they have to be flash?

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///forum/thread/379590/welcome-to-your-new-community-board#post_3299706
Look into Tapatalk. Not too many boards have it activated right now and it would be a chance to be a part of a select few and get our participation up before the rest follow suit. It's very convenient at work that I found myself visiting sites I don't normally visit.

Is the ad size reducible? If not, do they have to be flash?

Hi Cranberry. I'll ask about it with the developers. If I remember right, we talked about this on the old site and I asked then. I think it was something they were looking at but no timetable for it's implementation. I'll get a better answer though.

Thanks

Scott

spanko

1. Can't see who started the thread anymore. Kind of annoying.NVM FOUND IT.
2. Have a popup window that says because of my browser settings I cannot copy something directly into a reply and must copy it inot the popup. Also kind of annoying.
3. Having to push the ABC icon to get spell checking in replies, is also annoying.
Otherwise so far so good. The search feature is EXCELLENT!

spanko

I have e-mail notification set to immediate but not getting when a subscribed thread is updated. (been watching the one from flower on vodka dosing and have not been notified when she enters a new post)

cranberry

Ya, I can't use my old browser spell check anymore. I don't like it, but I'll live.

Would like the thread titles to be a smidge larger.

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/379590/welcome-to-your-new-community-board#post_3299684

Image albums are back in action now. You can access them via your profile as well as from the Galleries page

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/379590/welcome-to-your-new-community-board#post_3299749
1. Can't see who started the thread anymore. Kind of annoying.NVM FOUND IT.
2. Have a popup window that says because of my browser settings I cannot copy something directly into a reply and must copy it inot the popup. Also kind of annoying.
3. Having to push the ABC icon to get spell checking in replies, is also annoying.
Otherwise so far so good. The search feature is EXCELLENT!

Unfortunately the popup is an issue with the browser itself interacting with another text editor. It's a security measure to prevent any site from accessing your Clipboard without your explicit permission. If you use your keyboard shortcuts, you should be able to paste without issues.

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///forum/thread/379590/welcome-to-your-new-community-board#post_3299870
Ya, I can't use my old browser spell check anymore. I don't like it, but I'll live.

Would like the thread titles to be a smidge larger.
Unfortunately the popup is an issue with the browser itself interacting with another text editor. It's a security measure to prevent any site from accessing your Clipboard without your explicit permission. If you use your keyboard shortcuts, you should be able to paste without issues.