What are the "stupidest" questions you've heard?

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion_crazz http:///t/336862/what-are-the-stupidest-questions-youve-heard/60#post_2814369
While working at an LFS, someone walks up to me and says, "Excuse me, can I ask you a question?" I said sure, and followed them. They brought me to a saltwater tank. They pointed to a fish and asked if that fish was freshwatwer or saltwater. I said saltwater. They hesitated for a moment, and asked "How about this one?," pointing to another fish in the same tank! Wow...
This is still funny as heck three years later.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihoa http:///t/336862/what-are-the-stupidest-questions-youve-heard/60#post_3423066
a woman in maine noticed my license plate asked if i had come down to the states from canada to buy fruit cus canada was too cold for fruit. i was only 20 min over the border so i figured she was just messing with me so said i was indeed fruit shopping. dead serious, she advised me to buy my bananas green and when i got them home they would turn yellow for me. really...
you can't take anything for granted with these dang canadians.

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/336862/what-are-the-stupidest-questions-youve-heard/60#post_3423059
You wouldn't believe the number of people I've had walk up and ask if I hurt my leg..... I walk with crutches. My typical answer is "No, I just carry the crutches to get people's sympathy"
Back in my working days I used to fix copiers. You would be amazed the number of people who would walk up to the machine with me kneeled down in front of it with parts all over the floor and say "Is it alright if I make a copy, I just need 1?" My favorite was "do you know where all that goes?" to which I'd hold up a part and say "Did you happen to see where I took this from?" That got some interesting responses

Customers like to watch me work. With their transmission in ten thousand pieces, I'd look up and say "Boy, I wish I'd paid more attention when I took this puppy apart" and watch them turn white in horror.

rainbow grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/336862/what-are-the-stupidest-questions-youve-heard/60#post_3423059
You wouldn't believe the number of people I've had walk up and ask if I hurt my leg..... I walk with crutches. My typical answer is "No, I just carry the crutches to get people's sympathy"
Back in my working days I used to fix copiers. You would be amazed the number of people who would walk up to the machine with me kneeled down in front of it with parts all over the floor and say "Is it alright if I make a copy, I just need 1?" My favorite was "do you know where all that goes?" to which I'd hold up a part and say "Did you happen to see where I took this from?" That got some interesting responses
some people are just to unobservant.

btldreef

This one always made me laugh when walking my old 85lb English Bulldog who growled if we walked past anyone:
"Does your dog bite?"
"Yes, please don't try to pet him, he bites anyone he doesn't know"
"Oh, wow, can I pet him?"
"Sure, if you only want to have one arm for the rest of your life"
and then they'd still proceed to try a good 75% of the time

rainbow grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/336862/what-are-the-stupidest-questions-youve-heard/80#post_3423363
This one always made me laugh when walking my old 85lb English Bulldog who growled if we walked past anyone:
"Does your dog bite?"
"Yes, please don't try to pet him, he bites anyone he doesn't know"
"Oh, wow, can I pet him?"
"Sure, if you only want to have one arm for the rest of your life"
and then they'd still proceed to try a good 75% of the time

LOLOLOLOL My little sister would be in that 75% she pets whatever dog she sees (even when we tell her not to
)

darthtang aw

Friends over at the house. "May i use your bathroom"
"Nope, hold it"
Outside smoking.
random guy. "Got an extra cig i can bum".
sorry, i dont smoke.
Customers in my store.
"You got a bathroom?"
sure, let me untape the bag from my leg.
Random fast food restaurant after i state my order is complete.
"Anything else?"
Walking my great danes.
random person walking.
"Do they eat a lot?"
me looking at their grossly overweight children.
"Do yours?"
Darth (i see stupid people) Tang

kiefers

I have a Harlequin Great Dane And I get this all the time..
"Is that a Dalmatian?"
used to answer no, its a Dane
Now I answer,
"Yes. yes it is."
they reply...
"Nah uh!"
REALLY?

kiefers

after work I will go to the store in my scrubs and stethascope to pick up some things and people ask
"Do you work in the medical field?"

darthtang aw

Anda tree...people ask no questions then...think you are planting something normal.
Darth (natural compost) Tang

snakeblitz33

A few from my wife recently:
"The Grand Canyon doesn't have rails all the way around it?"
The Civil War was right after WWI, wasn't it?
How much does that $10 t-shirt cost?
Love you, hunny.