What Came First...!?

kiriapollo

Than how do you explain a Platapus or an echidna. Yes I agree with the evolution. But, whether it be chicken or an ancient ancester of the chicken that layed it. Something still had to lay it.

kiriapollo

Originally Posted by Kiriapollo
Than how do you explain a Platapus or an echidna. Yes I agree with the evolution. But, whether it be chicken or an ancient ancester of the chicken that layed it. Something still had to lay it.
Sorry wrong way. Late night stupidity.

kiriapollo

Originally Posted by petieaztec
mamals don't come from eggs.
Like I said. How do you explain the Platypus or the echidna. Humans have evolved or morphed for centuries. We didn't always look like this. But, we eventually got this way. The egg was still layed by a creature whether it be mammel, reptile, or avian. It doesn't matter. The egg was still layed.
Take a flower for instance. There are hundreds of different types. The tulip for example. Different species have evolved into what they are today. But, there are some who were forced to look the way they do. With just a litlle manipulation from humans, and introduction of a virus and you have the Rembrant Tulip.
Who's to say that in some way chickens were not forced to evolve into there forms today. Whether it be mutation, experimentation of nature or a freak happening in one or two cases.

granny

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. He created each of the animals as well. Just as man was created as an adult, so was the chicken. God didnt have to create an egg and wait for something to hatch it!!

kiriapollo

Originally Posted by Granny
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. He created each of the animals as well. Just as man was created as an adult, so was the chicken. God didnt have to create an egg and wait for something to hatch it!!
I'm not good at religious discussions. I believe in the creation, in god and all his glory, in Jesus Christ and his sacrifice, the holy ghost, and even heaven. I just always seem to make people mad when I speak my mind, and tell my beliefs. So I never go there.

granny

As Christians, we have to stand strong in our beliefs. Others have the right to disagree-without rancor-but we have the Word to tell us what is true.
Evolution, after years of attempts, has never been proven, it cant be because God created us all. There has NEVER been any record of a species change-NEVER.
A monkey stayed a monkey, Man stayed man.
There may be adaptations within species(such as breeding dogs mentioned earlier) But once a chiken, always a chicken. My son is a physicist, raised as a christian, and had to explore on his own. He says the more heknows, the more he believes in Creation. It is the only thing that makes sense, that truly fits what Scientific evidence has to date been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Theories are just unproven hypothesis and it makes me ill that a theory is taught in our schools as fact, WHICH IT ISNT!!

kiriapollo

I appreciate the thought. But, I'm not Christian. I have no specific denomination. But, I'm all of them. My Lord and savyor believes in me, so I believe in him. Evolution is a hypothosis. But, some hypothosis's are fact. It just in the way you inteperet them. Whether you keep and open mind to the possabilities that there is more to life. Or, you close your mind and say that that is definate. If you are open minded you can learn more and broaden your horizones. Not just to the possabilities of God. But, to the possabilities of God's creations. Evolution after all is only the possability of adaptations. Something new. But, still old in its own way.

kiriapollo

I apologize to anyone I have offended. I only speak what is asked of me. I don't mean to hurt or offend anyone in what I say.

ophiura

As comes up in all these threads I do have to tell everyone that each is entitled to their own beliefs, and this is NOT the forum for preaching, conversion, judgements or unpleasant arguments (on either side). Not everyone here is a Christian, not every Christian thinks exactly the same thing, and not every evolutionist is an atheist, etc, etc. Please keep an open mind and exchange ideas and leave it at that.

I am an evolutionary biologist. I am a Christian. I will not change any minds and will not jump into these arguments though there are things that can be said :)
Thanks, and remember that I am a big fan of pie :jumping: :jumping:

kiriapollo

See this is why I don't speak of it. I have already offended someone. I am not arguing with anyone, please don't take it as such. My conversation started out innocent. And I really am not denouncing evolution. It does exist. Again I apologize for offending.
My favorite is Red Raspberry. Although, I could take Dutch Apple as well.
:jumping:

ophiura

Originally Posted by Kiriapollo
See this is why I don't speak of it. I have already offended someone. I am not arguing with anyone, please don't take it as such. My conversation started out innocent. And I really am not denouncing evolution. It does exist. Again I apologize for offending.
My favorite is Red Raspberry. Although, I could take Dutch Apple as well.
:jumping:

You have not offended me...so I hope you did not think this. There were several threads in this discussion that I think are deserving of some reminders that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I have been involved in several of these sorts of threads in the past, and it is important to remind people of this frequently.

kiriapollo

Thank You. Believe me, I'm not out to try to change anyone or anyones mind or beliefs. I have enough trouble changing my own clothes. So that is strictly impossible.
I'm glad that I did not offend you. I am always open to new possibilities. And am looking forward to joining in on more discussions in the future. Just not religious. :scared:

ophiura

What came first, apple pie or blueberry pie? Probably apples, since they were in the Garden of Eden. But then I would think that blueberries would be there too. Maybe Eve baked an apple pie and that is what went wrong...they can go wrong.

ophiura

But apples keep longer than blueberries, so if they for example started out in the Fall, they could still have apples several months while the blueberries are moldy real fast. Also, you eat blueberries as you pick them, which also cuts down on supply. Though in the Garden of Eden....

hagfish

Originally Posted by kaholic
In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.
Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.
Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first
So if evolution produced this chicken from another species and there is no intelligent design, how did a second chicken just happen to show up to keep the species going before the first chicken died? Keep in mind that the first chicken is technically a mutant and would likely be severely handicapped since evolution doesn't just happen all at once. I mean two cows don't have a baby and poof, it's a chicken!
The odds of a second chicken coming along that was evolved enough to mate with the first chicken before that first chicken died are absolutely ridiculous.

petieaztec

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
Monotremata
:thinking:

I stand corrected. I am really dumb founded. the definition is was told of a mamamal is that they have live birth occur. no offense but to me monotremes are not mamals but rather more of a marsupial.
But in mamals not laying eggs I wasn't refering to i guess special cases you can call them.
anyways lets hear other people than me ***)