What Came First...!?

my way

Why did'nt you just ask if you believe in god? If the answer is yes, than the chicken came first, if not, the egg came first.

celacanthr

Originally Posted by My Way
Why didn't you just ask if you believe in god? If the answer is yes, than the chicken came first, if not, the egg came first.
Not necessarily

celacanthr

Originally Posted by Kiriapollo
Something had to lay the egg. It didn't just appear out of thin air. It had to produce the cells, fertilize it, split the cells, form the shell, and then lay it. As far as the first land mammels coming from eggs. They came from the primordial ozze.
But the "something" that layed the egg wouldn't be a chicken (if you believe in evolution), it would be an ancestor of the chicken.

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
But the "something" that layed the egg wouldn't be a chicken (if you believe in evolution), it would be an ancestor of the chicken.
evolutionists believe evolution happens over millions of years. You guys are just making it sound like viola! a chicken suddenly derived from a different species... but that's not the case. Therefore, how can we determine when the so called "modern chicken" became separated from it's 'parent' species? and if they're still evolving, that means that the current generation of chicken is just slightly different from the previous, and is technically not the same exact species because something changed. according to evolutionists, chickens are still changing and evolving and will never remain exactly the same species, which makes this question impossible to answer...
as for my belief, i ditto speg. When God created earth, he didn't just throw a bunch of eggs down here to hatch...

petieaztec

Originally Posted by Kiriapollo
Something had to lay the egg. It didn't just appear out of thin air. It had to produce the cells, fertilize it, split the cells, form the shell, and then lay it. As far as the first land mammels coming from eggs. They came from the primordial ozze.
mamals don't come from eggs.

sfe

Originally Posted by treybom
REMEMBER!!
post your reasoning! i voted for the chicken coming first b/c im catholic and believe that god put 2 of every kind of animals on this earth while creating the world,,,,
Well god doesn't exist. I don't know why everyone thinks that. It's all about evolution.

sfe

Originally Posted by jdragunas
evolutionists believe evolution happens over millions of years. You guys are just making it sound like viola! a chicken suddenly derived from a different species... but that's not the case. Therefore, how can we determine when the so called "modern chicken" became separated from it's 'parent' species? and if they're still evolving, that means that the current generation of chicken is just slightly different from the previous, and is technically not the same exact species because something changed. according to evolutionists, chickens are still changing and evolving and will never remain exactly the same species, which makes this question impossible to answer...
as for my belief, i ditto speg. When God created earth, he didn't just throw a bunch of eggs down here to hatch...
I am sorry but the bible and god sounds like a damn video game. I was not created by some made up guy. We came from monkey's and there is scientific evidence to prove most of it but not all of it.
Are dna is so closely related its not even funny. About 98 percent

sfe

OMG. So are you saying evolution doesn't exist? You call it the theory of evolution I call it the made up story of god. Where did god come from? Did he evolve too from a star in outspace?

sfe

Originally Posted by petieaztec
mamals don't come from eggs.
actually two of them do.

sfe

Holy ---- mods. ---- off. I swear to god (even though he doesn't fuckijng exist) if you delete one more of my posts I am going to go thread crazy.

molamola

It is true that in order to make a pie, you must use eggs, so in this case, it is quite easy to say that the egg comes first, but I like pie better than eggs.

celacanthr

No, what we(I) are(am) saying is that the parents of the first chicken would be ever so slightly different from the modern chicken. When two of these slightly different chicken mate, they would produce the modern chicken. We(I) are(am) NOT saying that one day there were as an eagle who layed an egg, and voila ther was a chicken.
Also, the whole thing with evolution is that animals are constantly changing, so each distinctly individual population warrants a new species (or sub-species). I think the amount of Gallus gallus (chicken) in existence today warrants a distinct population....thus the use of the name "Gallus gallus"
CE(I hope that wasn't confusing...I think I stated it in a wierd way)LA
(all of this is from my evolutionary standpoint.)