what would be a good firefish tankmate

bang guy

Homemade fish food would be best in my opinion.

Second would be frozen cyclop-eeze and minced Mysis shrimp.

is there a way to have 3 tiny fish in a 10 gallon because i have a protein skimmer picked out and other good equipment the fish id be talkin about is neon goby firefish and yellow prawn goby

bang guy

My opinion is that the Firefish is too high energy to do well in a 10 gallon. A couple Neon Gobies and a Clown Goby could work.

jay0705

I agree, I have both fire and clown goby. If I didnt see the clown move to eat I would think its dead lol

pegasus

I've had a pair of firefish gobies in my 125G for a couple of years, and the space they typically inhabit is probably no more than 10 gallons. They're always in the same spot in the center of the tank... unless they happen to chase down a piece of food that drifts out of their neighborhood. I have a variety of fish in the tank, and they have no problem co-existing with any of them. They tend to be jumpers, so be sure to keep your tank covered.

jay0705

I was at the lfs today browsing lol. The neon gobys are nice looking. Maybe a few blue legged hermits too

jay0705

Ha ha ha in my 20 I have a clown, yellow tail damsel, sunrise dotty back, scooter blenny and spotted mandarin. I dont reccomend the last two for beginners tho