Whisk's Aquapod 24g journal

subielover

That's how it goes in this hobby. When you see something setup the way you like it, you try to emulate it to the best of your ability. At least for a start, once you start adding corals the plans could change. So what do you think your first fish will be?

whisk

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2844931
That's how it goes in this hobby. When you see something setup the way you like it, you try to emulate it to the best of your ability. At least for a start, once you start adding corals the plans could change. So what do you think your first fish will be?

Sixline wrasse for sure right around the new year. I think I am going to plan for two fish only. The other would be some type of blenny or goby, i like the lawnmower blenny a lot but i dont think my tank is suitable for one yet. any suggestions for a beginning blenny or goby?

subielover

A yellow watchman goby would be cool. I know spanko has a great link to a million different gobies, let me see if I can find it.

mboswell1982

exactly, ive got my whole set up pretty much planned out, now just gotta start saving, im trying to talk the gf into letting me at least buy the tank here soon, its only 25 bucks, but im kinda hittin a brick wall at this point on that one LOL

mckevinfang

hey whisk have you heard of BAR?? BayAreaReefers? i think that what it stands for?? i was thinking of joining but wanted to see what its all about before i do.

whisk

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
http:///forum/post/2847234
hey whisk have you heard of BAR?? BayAreaReefers? i think that what it stands for?? i was thinking of joining but wanted to see what its all about before i do.

Yes I have and I have signed up on their forums. I'll send you a PM to give you some more info. I plan on going to their meeting next month in Hayward, maybe we could meet up?

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2847644
Yes I have and I have signed up on their forums. I'll send you a PM to give you some more info. I plan on going to their meeting next month in Hayward, maybe we could meet up?
awesome man i signed up same member name mckevinfang
we should meet up i would be cool to meet in person we should see if Lauren is going too..

whisk

November 23, 2008
I rounded off my CUC today. Here's the total CUC in my tank.
5 cerith snails
5 nassarius snails
5 red legged hermits
2 black turbos
1 Trochus snail
1 Peppermint Shrimp
Here's a few pics I think you will enjoy.
Peppermint peek-a-boo

Trochus with chaeto antlers

interracial snail love (wtf)

Feather Dusters with red legged hermit

cal559

Love the pictures
and my CUC is almost complete too i have:
7 nassarius snails
8 cerith snails
4 astreas
1 turbo
7 scarlet hermit crabs...lol

cal559

My nassarius snails only come out at night or when i put some mysis shrimp in the tank it's weird like night of the living dead or something...lol

whisk

Yeah same here, i put a scrap of shrimp in and they all came out of nowhere to eat it. Then the peppermint shrimp stole it from them, haha.