Who are you (member photo thread)

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/378595/who-are-you-member-photo-thread/1000#post_3517771
here are pics of me. new members hav'nt seen my salt tattoo.and the ones who have.sorry i have not gotten back to finish the blue ocean and detail on the fis .but pretty soon i promise.

so i have a flame angel.longnose butterfly,clownfish and a snowflake ell.pluss corals.its about 2/3 done.
the next pic is me and my brother i am on the right. he is my only bro .younger and a 8th degree black belt.lol i will still whoop him if he needs it .gotta love family

Nice ink Jeff!! Those fish look very cool.
And you make me feel like I need to put some time in at the gym.

S

siptang

Beautiful family seth! Good to put your face next to the sn and the dude's face.

rlablan

Snake- This is extremely random but I seriously picture you as Jeff bridges. Whenever I read your posts/respond, I picture Jeff bridges sitting at the computer, read/writing. lol I seriously can't see you as the pictures you post. I dunno why.

Here is a (rare) picture of me not eating. :) Taken about 2 weeks ago.
Had to mess around with the new lens from christmas

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlablan http:///t/378595/who-are-you-member-photo-thread/1020#post_3518060
Snake- This is extremely random but I seriously picture you as Jeff bridges. Whenever I read your posts/respond, I picture Jeff bridges sitting at the computer, read/writing. lol I seriously can't see you as the pictures you post. I dunno why.

Here is a (rare) picture of me not eating. :) Taken about 2 weeks ago.
Had to mess around with the new lens from christmas
So...............
How yooou dooin?!

spanko

Nice picture. What camera and lens? Is photography another hobby or is it something you do professionally?.

rlablan

The lens is a Canon 100mm 2.8 L macro lens. The camera is a canon T2i rebel.
Mostly, I just take pictures of the fish tanks. Thats why I wanted a macro lens, so I could get detail. From time to time, I am known to break out the camera for something fun and try to hone some skills. I just had a really good hair day that day, I had to document. I am certainly not professional. :) Your pictures are an inspiration to me Henry. I follow your thread so I can go back and forth and look at your tank photos.

snakeblitz33

Thats a pretty good camera. I personally like nikon. Seems like a better fit to me. I just recently aquired the Nikon d3200 and a couple of lenses. Does a true macro lens produce better results when photographing the tank? I am still playing around with the features and settings on the manual control on mine. Im getting there but not quick enough!

rlablan

I would love a nikon but we have a few L lenses and they are $$$. If I get a Nikon, I would have to switch over and would have to buy all new stuff. That is just not probable. I am thinking we may get a new camera, probably the nicest of the canons. Maybe that will be christmas this year. This camera needs a new sensor... I just haven't taken it in. Also, it's a few models behind now. Im trying to decide about getting a new one or just tuning this one up. The price difference is substantial.
I get great results with the macro lens. I seem to shoot the best with the macro lens over anything else, especially when it comes to the tanks.
I shoot everything on automatic, with the highest shutter speed, even when shooting stationary things like inverts or corals. I also take 3 to 5 pictures every time I click the button. That way, I am guaranteed to get something. Everything moves so much, especially fish. There is no way I can get things in focus enough to get a good shot, and have it be of the fish I want. The macro lens also can be finicky to focus. You have to be at the exact right point to get your subject in focus. Lets not even talk about when I use the extension tubes.
It will test your patience.
I just really like to get those details in the corals and get good texture. And of course, the better the lens, the better the bokeh. :)

spanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlablan http:///t/378595/who-are-you-member-photo-thread/1020#post_3518117
The lens is a Canon 100mm 2.8 L macro lens. The camera is a canon T2i rebel.
Mostly, I just take pictures of the fish tanks. That's why I wanted a macro lens, so I could get detail. From time to time, I am known to break out the camera for something fun and try to hone some skills. I just had a really good hair day that day, I had to document. I am certainly not professional. :) Your pictures are an inspiration to me Henry. I follow your thread so I can go back and forth and look at your tank photos.
***looks at the ground embarrassed***
Kind words thank you dear lady!