Who's cooler, northerners or southerners?

J

jdragunas

i change my mind... the south is so much better!!! I hate the cold weather... i'm bundled up in 60 degree weather... i hate how incredibly rude people are up here!!! you need to turn left on a busy street??? Think again!!! You have to make a right turn, turn left into a parking lot, turn around, and turn right in order to accomplish that, all because when there's a red light, people block all the intersections around it...
You can't go nexdoor to Ms. Hanibold's house and have fresh baked apple pie, or cookies, or sun tea. They don't say y'all or ain't up here, it gets COLD, VERY COLD!!! There's snow on the ground for 1/2 of the year... it just basically SUCKS in the north!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefer747

Originally Posted by Farmboy
You know, Reefer, to some one from the U.P., YOU are a southerner!!

True....true. But, I did grow up in a tiny town called Curtis. And THAT is in the U.P. But I moved "south" when I moved to Detroit to work for Northwest.

salty tank

Originally Posted by keleighr
WEST COAST BABY!!!!!
California has the best plastic surgeons!!
The Stars flock here to party, get marries (NAPA VALLEY!!!! Christain A.)
We have the best Spas!!
We drive faster than anyone cause if you are going 80 you better be in the slow lane!!!
Of COURSE on TOP of that I am in NORTHERN California!!!!
SAN QUENTIN home to a lot of the most notroious killers!!

SAN FRANCISCO do I really need to say anything more........
Don't make me pimp slap anyone

The only thing i like about california is the fact that it is by the ocean. Other than that i dont like california. Its to expensive and its to crowded.

keleighr

Oakland Raiders
San Francisco 49ers (husband's team)
Oakland A's!!!
China Town
Pier 29
Alcatraz
The Golden Gate Bridge
MONTEREY!!!!!!
Santa Cruz!!
Berkeley!! BEZERKELEY as we call it!!!!
The Steinhart
Trans Sea Food (BEST KING CRAB LEGS AROUND THE BAY AREA!!)
The Dead Fish!!!!
Crustacean's (Best Sea Food Restaraunt!!!)
Mac Dre
E40
V-Town Baby
Too Short (Oaktown!)
Tom Hanks (Born in Oakland)
Robin Williams (lives in San Francisco)
En Vogue (Oakland)
TuPac (Oakland)
So many wonderful people and things in the Bay Area!!!!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by keleighr
Berkeley!! BEZERKELEY as we call it!!!!
TuPac (Oakland)
What are two things that will keep me from moving to California?
I'll take Southern Pride for $2000 Alex...

1journeyman

Originally Posted by jdragunas
i change my mind... the south is so much better!!!!!
Fine.. I guess we'll let you move back, since you are from here originally... BUT DON'T bring any Yankee friends!

pontius

sourtherners, for the most part, are more friendly. we have trees, clean air, grass, and fields in the south.
I've seen some comments on racism, hate to break it to you, but the most racist people I know are yankees that moved down south.
if you don't like grits with chesse and butter....your loss.
and what is the deal with not being able to get sweet iced tea up north? and I don't mean that crap that Lipton puts out and calls 'tea' either.

darth tang

The south can keep their Grits. I will take a new york pizza, Chicago Pizza, and a Philly cheese steak.
Just try and compare your grits to that.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
The south can keep their Grits. I will take a new york pizza, Chicago Pizza, and a Philly cheese steak.
Just try and compare your grits to that.
Valid point, but I'll take a Georgia Peach anyday of the week over a pizza (the best pizza I've ever had was in Slovakia last March. )
And while Philly sandwiches are good, you can't beat a good Cajun Seafood Boil or Beef Fajitas..

puffer24/7

the south is by far the best, the best food, the best women, the best college football what more could you ask for and if anyone out there thinks that football in the north is better than the south let me tell you that you are wrong no northern team can ever compare to how the south play ball TEXAS were hookin everyone its our year to shine and what about them bulldogs

reefraff

Westerners win.
You Southerners can send your grits up to the people in the notheast so they can use them to patch all the holes in their cars from the acid rain and road salt.

jacknjill

i like grits with cheese and butter
i dont understand how you guys can live without sweet tea! i agree, that lipton tea in the bottle is horrid., like drinking out of the toilet!
and we have good basketball teams. and football, GO Panthers! (ok, not the best but you gotta love them)

lovethesea

butter, cheese, milk and sugar....yummy! I can handle about 1 glass of sweet tea and thats it. Then back to regular tea w/sweetner or plain ole water.

jacknjill

i drink sweet tea all day. i guess its an aquired taste? but everyone i know (just about) grew up on it! lol

1journeyman

Originally Posted by reefraff
Westerners win.
You Southerners can send your grits up to the people in the notheast so they can use them to patch all the holes in their cars from the acid rain and road salt.
Actually we're stockpiling it to plug up the next volcano that erupts, fill in the sinkholes and fault lines, drop as fire retardent, and bury your crazy celebrities alive in!

keleighr

I really can't say anything because I am really not Northern or Southern.
Californiais West Coast Baby all the way. We are lucky cause you can get Southern Cookin at House of Soul (mama the head cook was born and raised in the south!!)
You can get sweet tea, ice tea, or lipton tea........you pick.
We have big cities (400,00 plus) and small towns (43 people).
We have high rises (San Francisco) and we have wide open spaces. (Napa Valley Wineries)
We have the Cajun Festival where you can get the best New Orlean cookin available!!
Cause guess what, they come straight from New Orleans!!!
So I guess California is the place where we get the whole PIE!!!
Sorry we are already full no more room!!