xbox 360

darth tang

Originally Posted by keleighr
I just thought was said was extremely rude.
I have been telling everyone about this site (I have quite a few friends who own tanks fresh and salt) and the great prices on thier fish as well as the dry goods. I have purchased both dry and live goods and was extremely pleased so I shared my experiance with them.
I also informed of all the friendly people who are here to help if you need assistance on items ranging from what to put in your tank as well as how to set it up. In fact it helped a friend just this week in order to identify something in his tank.
Here I am giving all of this FREE advertising and as well as purchasing from them and then to read something like that just put a bad taste in my mouth.
I am hoping the OWNERS of this company check the message boards as well to see that there are MANY people on here and are exchanging crucial information.
TO be called a "kid" and "*****" insults me as a customer. Just rude, all around rude.

I agree to a point. Some of the threads have moved WAY off topic. But, the two threads that people were chastized in and insulted in (by a moderator no less) were dead. One hadn't had a reply for 3 days before the moderator intervened on it and the other had been dead for almost 8 days. The people in question were called kids. Do you wait 3-8 days to tell your own children what they were doing wrong and discipline them? There are other mods on this board as well. At any one time one of them could have stepped in the problem thread and expressed the problem (in a constructive manner without demeaning anyone) and it would have been taken care of. There are also other adults here that could have stepped in if they saw it as a problem and asked for it to stop.
I personally didn't take offense to the post, but I can see why some would. I believe the problem had been taken care of, or took care of itself, and there was no need to make the post. But I could be wrong.
On topic, you can by an atari or frogger at those second hand game stores sometimes.

connor

Originally Posted by snitchgaga
I am going to report you all because I am a snitch.
WHO ARE YOU
ARE YOU SNAILHEAVEN

J

jdragunas

well, if it is snail, don't blurt it out loud... he'll get booted again...

keleighr

No one can take the place of Snail.. Just not possible.
This one os an impersonater!!!
TRying to be something that he/she wishes that they could be.

oceanists

Originally Posted by Cartman101
i rathher save the $350 and put it towards my tank!! :happyfish

I second that , I have a ps2 that is good enough for me ,,,,,,,,,,,, unless of course madden is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more detailed then ill go to ps3

ophiura

I just thought was said was extremely rude.
TO be called a "kid" and "*****" insults me as a customer. Just rude, all around rude.
I will personally apologize to you, though it was not directed personally at you. There are literally some "kids" causing trouble. It is an ongoing issue. I don't always look at dates in threads but simply what is going on, so yes, I posted and closed a message that had not had a post for several days.
In the Cindy Sheehan thread, I felt it was turning ugly and asked people NOT to name call. You wrote a reply that really misinterpreted that, and was not pleasant. So, yeah, I had something to say. I don't sit on a wall very often! The message is universal: Please, everyone, try and stay ON topics, and don't resort to calling anyone names...when we see that, we try and deal with it.
But we are doing this at our regular jobs. We don't have time to catch every thread immediately as it is happening. Some we may not see for awhile. It has nothing to do with waiting a few days to tell your kids they are being bad. It is just simply logistics. It sometimes isn't possible. We rely on our own board members to do some themselves.
I am not a mean or nasty person who insults people "left and right." I am simply trying to volunteer time and knowledge as efficiently as possible, and I get tired when it takes a lot of effort to sort through off topic - and sometimes really rude, crude and disgusting - stuff (not directed at you, just in general). Sometimes, when it works, it can take a lot of effort so that good people on this board don't have a clue what nastiness some person is posting. In the end, people have bad days, right?
So, sorry for anything I wrote that you or anyone else found to be an issue.

And now back to this thread. I am sure this product is cool, but I doubt it could beat a Colecovision.

space_geek

...LOL, I think ANYTHING beats a colecovision. LOL! I even have one, and I am not even from that generation. I even have the original Magnavox Odyssey from 1972! The FIRST video game system, even before pong! It requires a black and white tv and the pictures it makes are from plastic overlays that go on the screen.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Never heard of that. LOL What is it?
I saw a demo of 360 at Best Buy...it looked pretty darn good.
Also, still Doom is not on the backwards list. Oh well.

space_geek

Originally Posted by Beth
Never heard of that. LOL What is it?
I saw a demo of 360 at Best Buy...it looked pretty darn good.
Also, still Doom is not on the backwards list. Oh well.
What is what? The colecovision or the Magnavox Odyssey? I can take pics later when my camera gets charged up. U gotta see the odyssey, its HILARIOUS! It has about 10 plastic overlays that go on the screen for the game, and two paddles, and a little square thin disk type thing that they call the "game." I want the xbox 360 SOOOOO BAD!!!

keleighr

Originally Posted by ophiura
I will personally apologize to you, though it was not directed personally at you. There are literally some "kids" causing trouble. It is an ongoing issue. I don't always look at dates in threads but simply what is going on, so yes, I posted and closed a message that had not had a post for several days.
In the Cindy Sheehan thread, I felt it was turning ugly and asked people NOT to name call. You wrote a reply that really misinterpreted that, and was not pleasant. So, yeah, I had something to say. I don't sit on a wall very often! The message is universal: Please, everyone, try and stay ON topics, and don't resort to calling anyone names...when we see that, we try and deal with it.
But we are doing this at our regular jobs. We don't have time to catch every thread immediately as it is happening. Some we may not see for awhile. It has nothing to do with waiting a few days to tell your kids they are being bad. It is just simply logistics. It sometimes isn't possible. We rely on our own board members to do some themselves.
I am not a mean or nasty person who insults people "left and right." I am simply trying to volunteer time and knowledge as efficiently as possible, and I get tired when it takes a lot of effort to sort through off topic - and sometimes really rude, crude and disgusting - stuff (not directed at you, just in general). Sometimes, when it works, it can take a lot of effort so that good people on this board don't have a clue what nastiness some person is posting. In the end, people have bad days, right?
So, sorry for anything I wrote that you or anyone else found to be an issue.

And now back to this thread. I am sure this product is cool, but I doubt it could beat a Colecovision.
I too apologized for what was said in that thread. I also need to say sorry to you as well.
I had a horrible day that day and vented more than I should have. If you look in this (Aquarium) forum under "Give your kids a hug" you will see what went on.
Now back to X-box......I am a fan. I will purchase but I am going to wait until the crouds have lessened. I am impressed that it had changeable face plates.
I am looking into HotRod Blue!!
I asked a question way up but I don't think anyone answered.
I have heard it comes with X-box live READY???
I think that all you have to do is pay for the service??
Does anyone know for sure

ophiura

I too apologized for what was said in that thread. I also need to say sorry to you as well.
I had a horrible day that day and vented more than I should have. If you look in this (Aquarium) forum under "Give your kids a hug" you will see what went on.

and

(I don't mean anything crude by that rather sketchy smiley)
What I don't understand is that you people actually do stuff and have interests other than working on your tanks?? :notsure:
Do they have some sort of Nemo game for this system? Something underwater? I could deal with that.

space_geek

Originally Posted by JacknJill
i saw someone playing King Kong at best buy on the 360. it was awesome!
My dad is a local store manager for the local Meijer, and I guess he said someone already broke and tried to steal their display xbox 360 that they had up and running so peeps could try it out. CRAZY what some people will do!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, the king kong is what I was seeing as well. Great graphics. Looks almost like a movie. $300. for the basic console. LOL Christmas ain't cheap these days, is it. LOL