xbox 360

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by Darth Tang
I believe so.

Anyway of knowing for sure? Thinking of getting my son the 360 for xmas...but only if it is compatible for Doom3.

S

sinner's girl

The hd on ours went bad, had to replace it, but it doesn't fit in the xbox, so it's chillin' on top. Lost a lot of our games though, which sucks.
But it works, and Sinner downloaded Nintendo emulator on it, so we get to play all the old school games (legal if you own the games, and I happen to still have my Nintendo and games at my parents' house.)
Games these days are just so darn easy to beat it pisses me off. I pay 50 bucks for a game and I usually can finish it in less than a week. Not even playing the game 24/7.. just when im off work!
I agree! expect, I've never paid 50 bucks for a game, just get the game pass from blockbuster, beat the game in a week, then get another one.

speg

Originally Posted by Beth
Anyway of knowing for sure? Thinking of getting my son the 360 for xmas...but only if it is compatible for Doom3.
I think playing old xbox games on the xbox360 isnt a feature that comes with the new system... I think I was reading somewhere that you have to buy a special whateveritscalled to be able to do it.. but once you buy it then most of the old games can be played.

littlebuck

Well i opened it today and there is just some hardwear, controllers. and other things. He told my wife that he will be sending it in the next box. So i dont think it comes out dec but who knows he might be getting me gonig for all i know. BUt some awsome silk sheets and mink blankets.

littlebuck

Originally Posted by Thejdshow
Europe and Japan launching on 2 and 10 December respectively
Source http://www.cnet.com.au/games/hardwar...0057028,00.htm
I'd call your friends bluff, cuz your gunna have a chance to play it before he will.
And as far as $700? The $400 package comes with a lot... dont know how you would hit the 700 mark. read up on the 400 package. 20 gig HD, wireless controler, high def setup, etc.

Just looked at that well i guess he is messing around with my. But if its gonig to be made over there why wouldnt they have it 1st? Or is it being made over ehre?

darth tang

Originally Posted by Beth
I have been told it is by a couple friends. I know the PS2 was with the old PS games. And we know how bright Gates is, I think he would make it compatible still and not let Playstation out do him.

keleighr

Ok
Went onto the Xbox to do so good ole fashion a** whoppin.............
MY WONDERFUK son has DELETED my profile form Halo2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok do you know how long it takes to get your frickin controls the way you like!!!!!!! Well at least for me plus I had all the personal pieces together, you know the important things like......the color of my armor......my decal on my sleave.........

J

jdragunas

awe, that sooo sucks!!!
You wanna hear something worse? we had 2 x-box's (one for me and one for the hubby)... one is modded. Well my hubby went to a halo party, and volunteered our un-modded x-box to be used so they could play 16 people in a halo tournament... HE LEFT THE X-BOX THERE!!! and now it's gone forever, because he doesn't even know the kid!!! ugh, i'm so upset. We had plans to wire it so that his x-box was on the tv in his room and mine is in the living room, so we can fight eachother without being able to cheat and look at the other person's screen...

keleighr

LOL
Ok I got the torches, who has the pitch forks??????
That's a good idea about not being able to see each other. My husband and I set the Option at no radar and invisable.
But that would be even better with no visual screen!!!!! ohhhhhhhhhhh imagine the slaughter!!!

J

jdragunas

lol... well it bothers the crap out of me... he always cheats and looks down at my half, and then sneaks up on me, or snipes me from across the map... turd!!!
what other games do you like to play? have you ever played fable? that game is soooo cool!!! What about wanda and the colossus??? I haven't played it yet, but i really want to. And i LOVE all of the original super nintendo games... I just started super mario bros. a couple days ago, and i love all of the zelda's. I alos LOVE SSX. I got the new one, and it's great!!!

keleighr

I have never played any of the Fable games.
I pretty much like playing things where I get to kill a whole bunch of things.
Area 51
Doom3 (even though playing it makes you completely nauseous!)
My favorite right now is Dark Watch.
You are slowly turning into a Vampire and you fighting your way though the worlds to get to the cure.
The fun piece is that you decide through out the game whether you are going to be good or evil.
I already finished playing "being good" now I am going through and having "the call of the darkside" wooooohahahahahahahahaha
I have just been so busy at work that I really haven't had a chance to sit down and play. And with all this Halo2 talk I got all pumped to play.
Ok WHO watches SURVIVOR!!!!! Last night was a Survivor History moment!!!
Ok actually cheered at the end!!!!!

darth tang

Fable you get to kill lots of things and chose whether to be good or bad. You can even be straight or homosexual. My character is straight at the moment but this guy in one town loves me and keeps wanting my character to marry him. But I already have 6 wives.

J

jdragunas

ok, fable is exactly like dark watch, only you're a boy, and you grow up throughout the game. You chose what "heroic" acts you want to do, and your choices make you good or evil. When you're evil, you have an aura and horns, and when you're good, everyone talks about you. You can even buy real estate, get married, and do the dirty with your wife... it's friggin amazing!!!

J

jdragunas

oh yes, and i DO NOT watch survivor... I do watch smallville... hehehe, that's such a good show!!!

bigb

Originally Posted by keleighr
Ok WHO watches SURVIVOR!!!!! Last night was a Survivor History moment!!!
Ok actually cheered at the end!!!!!
What was so great about it, all the commercials led you to think that big boy got drunk and ran his mouth. Kind of a let down. You knew Gary had the idol cause right before the com break they showed him putting something behind his back.

bigb

Originally Posted by jdragunas
HE LEFT THE X-BOX THERE!!!

He doesn't remember the directions to the kids house?

keleighr

Originally Posted by BigB
What was so great about it, all the commercials led you to think that big boy got drunk and ran his mouth. Kind of a let down. You knew Gary had the idol cause right before the com break they showed him putting something behind his back.
Hey!!!!!
I thought it was great regardless if we knew it or not it was still great........perfect little smirk too as well.............
Judd is a drunk jerk

J

jdragunas

no... ugh. he didn't drive. he went with a buddy, whom he doesn't speak with anymore... grrrrrr

J

jdragunas

oh yes, he also let out our gamecube to one of his buddies. Well, there was a falling out because of a big ordeal with this guy's girlfriend, and joe stopped talking to him... he smashed our gamecube into 100 pieces...
he also lent out his gameboy DS to someone, and forgot who he lent it to... that's like $600 right there that we're out on now...
yeah, joe's not allowed to lend out his systems anymore...