divorce

2quills

Good deal.

Those mini splits are pretty easy. The wiring isn't complicated and the refrigerent lines are all compression fittings. Really just need to drill the hole in the wall to pass the lines and wiring through, mount the inside/outside unit, hook it up and open the valves. There's really not much too it.

However, if you want to retain the manufacturers warranty you should pull a vacuum on the system and the installation should be signed off on by a state registered tech.

deejeff0442

I wasnt being sarcastic when i sad it look easy. It does look easy. My friend is going to pull the air out and check what ever it needs. No need to have him help mount the units. Going with a 3 zone 30000 btu 2.5 ton unit.

deejeff0442

The house is just under 800 sq ft but it isnt much more money to go from 24000 btu to 30000. I figure overkill on ac heat is ok. Yea the little house . More then likely it wont be converted back to a shop i figure get it right. Got 5 acres to build another metal shop

2quills

If it's just under 800 sq I'd honestly stick with a 24,000k (2 ton capacity). Those units are pretty efficient and it still leaves you with plenty of forgiveness.

I went with about an extra 250-300 Sq ft of capacity on our house that's about 1,850 sq ft of area that were trying to cool and I sometimes have to cover up with a blanket in the summer time when the air kicks on.

Even though the wife may still think it's hot. I knew I wanted to have some forgiveness with the system but I'm glad I didn't go too much larger.

deejeff0442

Its not the ac i am worried about its the heat side. It get into the 20s here believe it or not. Sure not for long periods but i just want it covered.my friend said i need 22000 btu in there so 24000 might just do it but for a couple hundred extra i figured why not?. I do like every wall unit is independent .

deejeff0442

We have ducks on the property lol. Going ductless on the house. Now plans changed. Gunna get 3 seperate units. 120v they are 12000 but each. Already wired for window unit so easy set up. The cost is almost the same as a big 3 zone unit. But if 1 breaks down 2 others still work. My friend came up with it. So 3 units are 36000 btu instead of 30000. Cant beat that. Way overkill but thats cool or hot really

deejeff0442

Here is something weird. We are on 5 acres fenced in. I came up on my house which is in the middle of the property. There was a plastic container with 2 inch screws sitting on the porch. My wife would never buy them seeing she wouldn't know what to do with them. I sure didn't buy them. I have no idea where they came from.

2quills

That is weird. Typically if there's any screwing going on at my property I like to know about it before it happens.

flower

Here is something weird. We are on 5 acres fenced in. I came up on my house which is in the middle of the property. There was a plastic container with 2 inch screws sitting on the porch. My wife would never buy them seeing she wouldn't know what to do with them. I sure didn't buy them. I have no idea where they came from.
Ask the wife, you can't just assume she didn't buy them. If it's only the pair of you, and you didn't buy them, she had to... for whatever reason.

deejeff0442

She may have to hang pics on the wall. Just a weird spot to find them in the middle of the patio. Then again my rottie likes to move things around

deejeff0442

Update. The wife and i are doing great .she stepped up and is taking care of her animals. Our house near done. All thats left is the kitchen counters which i am setting up today.had to wait for a friend to shorten a couple drawers. Still need to put the toilet in and the last project is doing the inside of our 7 foot by 3 and a half foot walk in shower. The fridge and stove are in.bedroom is all done and furnished. Put or kitchen table in.1st time yesterday we had our friends over who help me build this thing. I smoked ribs .had a bunch of sides and sat at our table like a real house. It was so awesome. I will post a couple pics

deejeff0442

Well i would have like to show the bath and my killer concrete top i did. But this thing keeps telling me the pic is to large. Weird the kitchen went and it was taken the same way. Stupid computer phone

lmforbis

It looks beautiful. It must be a relief to get out of the motor home and have some space to spread out.

You can try emailing the pic to yourself. It usually give you the option of resizing it.

deejeff0442

Well sent it to my email now cant figure out how to get it from there to here. All i see are documents and files neither link to email