Search results

1. quads4_lif

Need help building a sump

Ok this is not my first sump build but I am trying to figure out what my options are to fit under my 120 brick. The inside of the stand is a little under 4ft long about 22" wide. What size tanks can I fit under there?
  2. quads4_lif

Need help with Remora skimmer!

Ok I have a remora skimmer on my tank I know its not the greatest skimmer but it was free and is about all the room I have for a skimmer. I am having a problem with it filling up the cup with just water. I have not ever used one of these skimmers and there was no instructions with it. Any...
  3. quads4_lif

200g reef for sale VERY BEAUTIFUL PICS!!

I have a 200g oceanic tank for sale with all top notch equipment. I will post pics. The tank has been set up for about a year, or maybe a little less. I have spent at least 25k on the entire setup, yes that is $25,000. I bought the best equipment I cold find, had the cabinet custom built and...
  4. quads4_lif

Lighting emergency

Hey guys I was just working in my kitchen and then all of a sudden the lights flickered and I looked in the living room and my tank and noticed the lights were out. I checked the timer and it still has power. So I turned the lights back on manually and only one comes on. Wile the one was on I...
  5. quads4_lif

???what is this???

I noticed this on my tank about a month ago and then when I went to clean my glass the next day it was gone. now I see it again what is it good or bad.????????
  6. quads4_lif

Cool camo starfish

Well I just got back from my cruise and while in Roatan Hondurs I was at a beach resort snorkeling around and found this little guy. Not sure what kind he is. Just thought he was neat Among a bunch of other things I seen hundreds of different fish one black urchin the size of a basket ball...
  7. quads4_lif

*DIVERS* got a dumb question

I am going on a cruise with my first dive and I am wondering what you put or do with your ears. When I am just snorkeling and I dive down just a small ways the pressure hurts my ears to the point I have to go back up. I am just wondering if there is any thing can you just use regular ear plugs...
  8. quads4_lif

Fan question

Ok I am wanting to know how you have your fan mounted in your canopy. Do you have yours blowing in or Do you have it blowing out I have run all of mine blowing air in across the water, but I have heard of a few people that have their fan blowing the hot air out of their canopy. So lets...
  9. quads4_lif

Best shrimp for Yellow watchman goby

Well now that my YWG is settled I am wondering what shrimp most people pair theirs with???
  10. quads4_lif

What is this

I have tried and tried to find out what this I think it is some type of Zoanthind but I am unsure. I was finally able to get a good pic since a very large snail knocked it off and it landed next to the glass.
  11. quads4_lif

HOW TO keep small fish out of overflow

On another thread several people had a problem with their Yellow Watchman Gobie going through the cracks in the overflow. Well I bought mine yesterday and low and behold I come home and he is sitting in my overflow. So I built this little thing for my over flow so that hopefully I wont have...
  12. quads4_lif

acrylic51

since the other thread got locked I am running spider light reflectors
  13. quads4_lif

I think my tube worm is dead

I have 2 very large feather dusters one that stays out all the time and the other one used to only fan out at night. Well the other day I noticed a Hermit on his tube and it looked like he had ahold of the worm inside of the tube. I knocked the Hermit off the tube and it is torn a little bit...
  14. quads4_lif

need coral ID

I have had this in my tank for about 1 yr it has survived under cheap strip lighting that comes with a wal-mart tank. It is now under my MH and is doing even better. But I have no clue what it is. I have tried to take several pictures but they all come out blurry, this is about the best I can...
  15. quads4_lif

need help with stary voltage?

Oops I mean stray I got up this morning and noticed my new zoas floated off of the rock I placed them on, so I stuck my hand in to place them back where they were and I felt a small shock. I unpluged my power heads and heaters and pluged them back in one at a time untill I figured out which was...
  16. quads4_lif

100gal stocking list ideas

So far I am wanting but I dont know if this is over stocked or ok 2 fals perc 1 enginer goby 10 blue green chromis 1 yellow tang 1 royal gramma 1 flame angel 2-3 neon gobies 1 lawnmower blennie and 1 other type of gobie like a 4WD(twin spot)
  17. quads4_lif

what are your opinions on PH's in fuge

I am not getting enough flow in my fuge so I am wondering if there is any reason I could or should not put a power head in my fuge.?
  18. quads4_lif

Metal Halide question

Is there any way to breakin MH lights. I just got mine hooked up and its going and is super bright.
  19. quads4_lif

Need help wireing and mounting 2 MH's

Is there any thing I should know when wireing my MH retro kit. I have an IceCap ballast. I am trying to decide how to mount my MH retro kit. I have a 100 gal with this canopy. I will have 2 250MH mounted in this canopy. If I mount it like in the first pic I am afraid of having a bad shadow...
  20. quads4_lif

Whale Shark dies in GA Aquarium

I dont know if anybody has seen this but here is the link http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/...ale_shark_dies