2Quills, 120G Re-build thread.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///forum/thread/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/200#post_3337789
Ok Corey!!!!! Need some updates.....
Sorry, Shawn I've been neglecting this build a little bit. More so by choice as I just wanted to hold off untill after the holidays. Pluss I wanted to take a little time and figure out excactly which direction I want to take it. As I had mentioned in our conversation a few days back, I had been toying around with the idea of not using the current canopy and just going with a larger display tank on the stand. But I've decided to stay with what I have so far and save a larger tank for later down the road. All I have left on the stand to do is the trim work and then I can start staining and finishing it.
I picked up a new brad nailer and nice premium rubber hose for the compressor that I had been needed so that once I do start picking up the trimwork I'll be ready to go. I am happy to report that the Porter Cable nailer that I picked up at Home Depot shoots like a dream. Thanks for the tip there.
Also, I got another new toy lastnight. I'd like to try my hand at building a custom sump for this project and step clear of using the 55G tank for a sump that I had origionally planned so I'm hoping what I picked up lastnight will be suitable for helping me in this area. As well as future project. I did alot of reading and sought out many reviews and after much thought and consideration...this is the new toy that I ended up with. I've used many different table saws over the years and I can already tell I'm going to love this one. So here it is, I was just to excited to keep it hidden any longer.

acrylic51

Very Nice!!!!! I love the Rigid line!!!!
I know what you mean about changing directions and rethinking. I'm tossing a change in mine even after hunting down the backgroun and $50 later. Bad thing I ordered Monday and still no confirmation from the company on when/if it shipped. They did charge my credit card though. Might have to call the bank Monday morning and fix them!!!!'
You'll love the nailer!!!! One of my personal favorites.

2quills

Well I hope you can get a refund for it. If not then perhaps you could sell it seeing as how everyone else in the country is out of it haha. Yeah I fired off severl shots with the nailer yesterday into some scrap pieces. Each shot turned out perfect. Very happy!
Oh I should probably mention that the table saw was actually a christmas present from my wonderful wife. I know she likes to read this thread, so...Thank You Sweetie, Honey, Baby. I Love You!

al&burke

Good stuff Corey, nice saw - another thing you might want to consider is a jointer, I have a small 4" one and does the job with plexi. Another thing I have used is my router with a straight bit in a table, like you have - you use a fence where the infeed side is a 1/16th smaller than the outfeed, gives you a perfect finish everytime. Babbling again.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke http:///forum/thread/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/200#post_3339232
Good stuff Corey, nice saw - another thing you might want to consider is a jointer, I have a small 4" one and does the job with plexi. Another thing I have used is my router with a straight bit in a table, like you have - you use a fence where the infeed side is a 1/16th smaller than the outfeed, gives you a perfect finish everytime. Babbling again.
Al, there is a porter cable joiner up at Lowes, I've already told Shawn that I have my eye on it. I think that the first pay day of the new year it will be mine.
Babble on my friend, babble on...

al&burke

Now that you have a nailer - another priceless addition is a pin nailer, great when you are doing small pieces of trim, like a 22 gauge wire - you can bearly see the hole it makes. I really like mine

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke http:///forum/thread/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/200#post_3339236
Now that you have a nailer - another priceless addition is a pin nailer, great when you are doing small pieces of trim, like a 22 gauge wire - you can bearly see the hole it makes. I really like mine
What brand do you have Al? I had thought about a pin nailer just didn't really think I needed it. But that's not to say that I wouldn't mind owning one in the future.

al&burke

Shawn, it works great for really fine molding - give it a try I use mine all the time, especially on outside corner, priceless.

sparty059

Corey, watching this thread makes me want to go out and just buy all these tools and build a whole setup on my own. As soon as I get my new house and know it's the permanent house, I'll be adding new tools like crazy!

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty059 http:///forum/thread/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/200#post_3339439
Corey, watching this thread makes me want to go out and just buy all these tools and build a whole setup on my own. As soon as I get my new house and know it's the permanent house, I'll be adding new tools like crazy!
You can do it, Sparty. Be careful though, tools can be just as addicting as saltwater aquariums and equally as damaging on the wallet.

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///forum/thread/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/200#post_3339240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke
http:///forum/thread/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/200#post_3339236
What brand do you have Al? I had thought about a pin nailer just didn't really think I needed it. But that's not to say that I wouldn't mind owning one in the future.
I have a brand named King - kind of a knock off brand, works good.

acrylic51

I was thinking that!!!! But thought I'd get beat up on.... My wife has a thing for handbags/purses.... :laughing:

2quills

Well the table works great. I tested it out the other day, I ripped and cross cut a few pieces. Very happy with the upgrades that they made to the newer unit, particularly the rip fence and the gravity assisted portable stand. My old boss who I did renovation work for had the older Rigid model as well as the current Bosch portable contractor saw. I liked the Bosch better than the Rigid but I like this new one better than the Bosch. Big thumbs up there.

Speaking of which, I'm wondering if someone could answere me this question. What's the best type of blade to cut 3/8" acrylic with? The saw came with a all purpose 40T blade but I like to use at least 60T blades for cutting lumber. My boss gave me a gift certificate to Lowes and I'd like to go out and get a new blade or two for the saw. I have my eyes on a 80T fine finish blade ATM.