5 Gallon tank build

meowzer

You can add some cuc....BUT you will not need much for a 5G LOL
what are you planning to get? maybe try 1 astrea and 2 nassarius (you have sand??)

nano1714

Yes I have sand, and that's where you guys are going to come in. I know I want an emerald crab, and a few snails. Haha what do you think?

meowzer

Start with what I mentioned above.....wait until you get a little more growth on the rocks before you add an emerald...and I would plan on one only

meowzer

Just be careful what you add.....you do not have a lot of room to play with in a 5G when it comes to stock....
what fish do you want?

nano1714

im not to sure yet about the fish, i would really like to do a small clown but i don't believe that is possible is it? Maybe you can give me some ideas and i can do some research. Im open to anything haha

meowzer

NAH.....I would not put a clown in there.....I can make a suggestion...LOL
A pair of green banded gobies....I have 2 in my 28G cube....they are so cute :) They get maybe an inch

nano1714

O wow I really like the bright colors on them. :) do they stay at the bottom though? I would like something they maybe swims in the middle of the tank?i know in previous posts someone mentioned a possum wrasse

meowzer

I would not put a possum wrasse in a 5G........
mine are in and out of the rocks......you just never know with anything you get

sagxman

I like the green banded goby idea. Another suggestion is a red headed goby. I have one in my tank and really enjoy it. It's on the bottom a lot but climbs around on all the rocks.

nano1714

They look very nice too. So basically ill only be able to add some kind of goby? Which is perfect fine because like mentioned above there are many gobies that interest me

meowzer

Just read about them....there are some that can not go together.....some that do better in pairs.....etc.....

S

smallreef

Sounds like a good start...give it a few weeks before adding anything else...maybe look into a pistol shrimp/goby pair :)