*addicted2's 75 gal tank diary*

addicted2

3 more days and I'll be heading 3+ hrs eastward to do some *Aqua shopping :happyfish ! WooHoo!!!! :jumping:
:joy: :cheer:

monalisa

I love your blennie and your star shots. Great fun, isn't it? I did know that you have a CB shrimp named Scampi, like mine. My daughter's cleaner shrimp is named Gumbo...
We really should catch some lunch before we name our inverts, I guess. Keep us posted on your progress.
Lisa :happyfish

addicted2

Here is a pic of a new purchase of mine...My little clown goby took right to it! he jumped on as soon as I as I lowered onto the rock

addicted2

Here is a new purchase of mine! My gumball goby took right to it..couldn't even wait till I set it down on the rock!

addicted2

Originally Posted by larryndana
wow, beautiful pic.
ty! .I don't know how anyone else feels about their tank..but I LOVE my tank. Isn't it amazing how much time slips by as you find yourself staring off into your own little sea world?
:happyfish

addicted2

Here's a pic from today..as you can see..I have a FEW!!! diatoms! It's driving me crazy :mad: but I am working on it.
I added a phos reactor to my sump/refugium, upped my water changes, ordered bigger and better powerheads, and put new halide bulbs in..(my others were sort of old. about 1 year. I bought my light second hand.) soo..what ya think? ***)

azfishgal

I'm so jealous, you have some pretty fish in your tank already. Still waiting for my 2 false percs to finish the QT.
I gave you some ideas about the Diatoms in my diary thread, as I responded to you post. Good luck!
And you are right! THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!! :cheer:

addicted2

Here are a few new pics of my tank. I have had a few battles with algae but am winning..it's been daunting to say the least..but I am persistent and I have learned..my fish don't need to eat their weight in food everyday!.

Full view 5/21/07

left side

right side

rebelprettyboy

First time seeing this thread. I love the aquascaping in your tank. Your tank is really looking nice. I am now having an algea battle myself..

addicted2

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
First time seeing this thread. I love the aquascaping in your tank. Your tank is really looking nice. I am now having an algea battle myself..

Thankyou for the compliment..I love it too! I really am pleased how it all fit together, I had the rock for months in a rubbermaid tub until I finally set the tank up. and Aaarghhh!! and I sympathize with you..I went through the diatom nightmare...hair algae plague, and last but definitely not LEAST!! the dreaded red slime!!! I have not used any chemicals except phosban in a reactor tho' ...I am trying to do it by maintenance, perserverence, and like I said "less feeding". I love feeding my fish but it has caused me a lot of work! I learned the hard way. anyway, I had a 29 gal for 15+ years and didn't have as much problem with it..I didn't even run a skimmer in that tank..but I love this tank and I am committed. I will win. I wish you luck too..just do it.

rebelprettyboy

I am now using phosban and not using chemicals either. And I onyl have one fish i my 55 right now and ocellaris clownfish. So I know im not overfeeding it. I feed once every 2 days and sometimes I forget and dnt feed him for 3 days. Idk... Algea sucks!!!

addicted2

Originally Posted by Si12iuS
Wow I like your tang alot. I want one now! lol... how is it?
yes..I love it too..Periscopas! he is really a nice fish! I always liked the coloring of the scopas tangs and finally got one. They get overlooked alot because of the color but I like it. He has a good disposition, doesn't bother any of my fish, and has a bottomless stomach! He'll eat anything!

addicted2

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
I am now using phosban and not using chemicals either. And I onyl have one fish i my 55 right now and ocellaris clownfish. So I know im not overfeeding it. I feed once every 2 days and sometimes I forget and dnt feed him for 3 days. Idk... Algea sucks!!!
yeah..that's putting it lightly. I had another tank (29gal) for over 15 years and forgot how much trouble algae is in the beginning..but it does get better and once the tank matures things get a whole lot easier.