Best deal you ever got at LFS?

dme

Im sorry to criticize you BUT why feed damsels to other fish. There are so many great alternatives to feed picky feeders. Why take a fish off of the reef just to feed it to one of your fish. Take a 10 gallon tank and throw 6 convict cichlids in there or throw 6 guppies/mollies/platies/swordtails. You can use something other than damsels... Mollies will even live in saltwater if they arent eaten right away...
popnfrresh, I for many eels I kept this routine in keeping a number of damsels in with my eels and all except for the reef tanks, I not for I not need that within the reef tanks with the dwarf morays. I never feed freshwater or anything in which can or could hurt my eels.

sweetdawn

cleaner shrimp for 1.99 each. two seahorses for 8.99 each. purple lobster free (hitchhiker).
pink ricordia mushroom for 6.00. mushroom for .75. black sebia clownfish for 8.99

kathdo

Originally Posted by Travis89
I got 6 bottom polyps that were mounted on a rock for free.
What is a bottom polyp ?? (Obviously a newby... :brickwall: )
and is there another name for it??
I'm still trying to figure out what all is in this established tank I recieved ....
Oh FOR FREE

hagfish

I got a pretty colorful ricordia rock with about 12-13 polyps and they threw in a small frag rock that had about 4 polyps on it for like $18. I never see any rics around here for cheaper than $8 a polyp. Usually they are more than that.

eddie1973

Another good deal was at ***** again. They just moved to another location and it was the first week in business. I was looking at a huge peice of LR, they didnt have a price on it, after the two managers where trying to find a price with no luck. They said $17.99 so I took it. When I got home I put it on a scale, it weighed 22 pounds, What a deal. Ever since that night they have the price on the LR. $7.99 a pound
Eddie

jhebi

I just got a Regal Angelfish for $19.99 today and sold to a friend of mine for $50.00, large size. I think it was a good price, the fish is really pretty~~

kathdo

On Thursday I got 6 hermit crabs that were not in a labeled tank...So the guy decided to sell them for $1.99 or 3 for $5.50....so I got 6 of them.....Went back in on Monday and saw the tank labeled Arrow Crabs $11.99 EACH !!! I paid less for 6 then they cost for 1 !!!

boo-yaa138

i got 50 pounds of live rock for the price of 5 lbs. i had alot of stuff i was buying with it and i didnt even notice tell after i got home. i think thats a pretty good deal. paid 30.00 for 50 lbs. of lr when i should of paid 300.00 :scared: :scared:

tome

A black dogface puffer marked $250. I got him for $100 :cheer:
:happyfish
I got connections

brrlong

Good Stories, ***** is just about to come to my city, Hopefully a bunch of dumb people work there as well and i can get those great deals!! i thought about working at the place just to get a discount, but everyone i thought said that they fish werent good quality at *****???

coachklm

Originally Posted by Kathdo
On Thursday I got 6 hermit crabs that were not in a labeled tank...So the guy decided to sell them for $1.99 or 3 for $5.50....so I got 6 of them.....Went back in on Monday and saw the tank labeled Arrow Crabs $11.99 EACH !!! I paid less for 6 then they cost for 1 !!!

there is a huge difference between arrow crabs and hermit crabs...not to burst a bubble but arrow crabs dont carry around a shell for protection...and they have super longs legs..
plus i never pay 2.00 for hermit crabs.
***)

rara12

I love arrow crabs. I thing i got mine for $9.99 when he was only aittle one. Now he's pretty big but he makes me sad because he got into a few fights with my CBS and lost three legs

fraggle_a

My LFS has two marine people who run it. One really knows his stuff, the other has been keeping marine fish for 15 years+.
Its hard to get something by mistake. However, they have amazing prices always undercutting the big chain stores. For example. Perculia Clowns there are usualy $9.99
I got my Sabae Clown for $10.00
Wednesdays they get deliveries, and usualy, any fish they have in the tanks can be 'haggled' down to make room for the new stock.
Best deal... (appart from the Sabae Clown). My whole setup.
$350 for everything to get my 40 Gallons up and running and cycling.

irondog

Originally Posted by rara12
I love arrow crabs. I thing i got mine for $9.99 when he was only aittle one. Now he's pretty big but he makes me sad because he got into a few fights with my CBS and lost three legs

Hey rara12 i'm also from new jersey,union county,where do you buy you from fish from