BIGUN Has A BOOBOO

meowzer

The video is fuzzy...but you can see BIGUN breathing....and how he is slumped....I am downloading the video to photobucket....I have no clue how long that takes....

meowzer

I have to get away from this room before I do actually drive myself crazy watching him....I'll be back in an hour.....Maybe...LOL
PLEASE SOMEONE LOOK AT THIS

katsafados

His breathing is steady, Id be more worried if it was all over the place.
He seems to be fine to me but I dont know much about sea horses and how they act

I have an idea since its some sort of infection why not put a cleanner shrimp in the tank. Dont they eat dead tissues and clean up parasites and what not off fish? Would that work or help at all
I dont knowe much about the hobby yet but just an idea

arvins

I have to agree with kats on that, his breathing does seem to be regular. It may be a bit heavier then normal (I don't know anything about horses) but it seems to be a steady breathing process.
As for the shrimp idea I don't think an invert would react well to the meds in the QT tank kats

ann83

Stress can make them breathe harder, but I would still keep a close eye on ammonia for a while.
I am not really going to be on much again until Friday.
On the possibility of ciliates and chloroquine. Dan is familiar with the use of chloroquine, so if the lesion doesn't start healing by day 5 or 6 of the Neomycin, you may want to talk to him about it.
Did you ever do FW dips or dewormings on these horses?

bender77

I just wanted to throw out there, if you end up needing a special medicine that is a human med, call your vet and talk to them. The vet may be more than willing to write you a prescription for it.
Sending good thoughts BigUns way

meowzer

Originally Posted by ann83
http:///forum/post/3063762
Stress can make them breathe harder, but I would still keep a close eye on ammonia for a while.
I am not really going to be on much again until Friday.
On the possibility of ciliates and chloroquine. Dan is familiar with the use of chloroquine, so if the lesion doesn't start healing by day 5 or 6 of the Neomycin, you may want to talk to him about it.
Did you ever do FW dips or dewormings on these horses?
NO...I have never done any dips on them....
I will call Dan tomorrow morning to see what he suggests...Apparently this chloroquine is going to be hard to get....
This is day 2 of sulpha/neo....so I will see in 3 more days I guess...
So you think the breathing looks okay????....He just seems so down...more than the other days...

meowzer

Changed 6g's of water this morning and still seem to have a SMALL trace of ammonia...should I do more w/c tonight....and then how about the meds...do I add more of that too??/
I am going to start keeping 8g's of sw made up now...

meowzer

Well Ann says altho his breathing may seem slightly heavy it is regular...I am going to change IDK 2 more gallons out since tha ammonia doesn't seem to be 0...but also doesn't read .25 either.....
He actually just "stood" up....I am going to do the w/c...then put in some mysis....then fish for some more pods..UGH

meowzer

OK...I am changing out 2g's....also changing my w/c bucket from a 5g pail to a 10g pail.....JIC I need more...better safe than sorry....

meowzer

OK...2g's now changed...meds are now adjusted....5g jug now changed to 8g jug, and 8g of new sw is being prepared for tomorrow
YA KNOW....I'm so glad my kids are grown and I have all this spare time for myself...LOL

meowzer

UPDATE...I just added my nightly collection of amphipods...and he seems interested, and a little more perky...so who knows...maybe he was having a bad morning....or maybe the little bit of ammonia was affecting him...I hope not...cause tomorrow it is back to work and I can only really checkthis stuff when I get home.....I already get up earlier so I can siphon his tank bottom, and give him a little extra tlc....w/c's too....IDK about that

meowzer

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3064001
maybe add a little amiquil in the morning to take care of any until its water change time
REALLY...that will be okay to do? OK...That's a good idea then....
he sure has perked up now

he's hunting too