BIGUN Has A BOOBOO

meowzer

Originally Posted by Dive Girl
http:///forum/post/3064020
Oh gosh. It's like sitting on pins and needles. I'll see if I can get my hands on some chloroquine if Dan or Ann thinks it's needed.
You guys are in my thoughts!!
You're telling me...this rollercoaster ride stinks...
THANKS...I am striking out with my searches fot that stuff....
I am also seeking help elsewhere...wink....

teresaq

I am glad hes doing better tonight.
I'm not sure about the amiquil with meds. I use it while horses are in qt, but no meds
T

meowzer

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3064029
I am glad hes doing better tonight.
I'm not sure about the amiquil with meds. I use it while horses are in qt, but no meds
T
I also asked for advice on that...elsewhere...THANKS
I will post everything here mainly though

meowzer

Originally Posted by Nw2Salt08
http:///forum/post/3064971
How's Bigun doing?
Not good
I have done all I can do tonight....I was able to get in touch with someone who knows something about horses, and she helped me out just by being there....Teresa was also...thanks guys
He is not looking good....I am going to try to get some sleep...i have to be up early for work
....I will update tomorrow

dingus890

WOW WOW WOW! I havent been on SWF.com in awile and was shocked by this thread. I am so sorry you have been going through this Meowzer. I know how hard it is to watch a seahorse be sick. Just try to stay calm as fish can sense us stressing which in turn may make them more stressed.
My thoughts are with you and I hope this thread has a happy ending

meowzer

WEll ...late for work again...LOL
He doesn't look much better this morning
...Nothing I can do...I gort a little help last night from someone, but she wasn't sure what to do either...
I am at work so all I can do is hope he does ok today

meowzer

Well husband just got home...BIGUN has not changed...he says he is still sitting there with head hung low

I won't be home for 2 more hours...I guess I will do the 50% w/c and re-add the medications.

dive girl

I'm sorry to hear that Bigun isn't doing any better!!! I was really hoping for a different outcome this afternoon.
You don't know me. I have only kept fish since Sept 2008. I've only had seahorses for 6 months. Having said all that, I'm going to say something: I speak my mind. Some people see it as a good thing, other's no so. I feel that at least everyone knows where they stand with me. I don't go out of my way to be unkind. I try to treat others like I would be treated. If I don't say the following, I might regret it and I try not to live my life regretting things. I try to be a good person (sometimes I am sometimes I'm not).
Change to Baytril. Try the Wound Control. Both Dan and Ann have so much more knowledge than I do when it comes to fish and fish disease. But what Ann and Dan are recommending isn't working. I trust their advice but who knows what is causing his skin lesions and what he'll end up responding to. What I do know is that he's not getting better. You don't have anything to lose at this point. If my child was ill (life-threatening) and the medications he was on wasn't doing anything for him, I'd try something else unless the doctors said emphatically that he would get better taking the medication he was on. I don't know what the conversation went like when you spoke to Dan on the phone. If he is sure that the Baytril won't help and the current meds have the best shot at helping him, then stay on that treatment regime. But if there is any question on switching him, then that might be his best shot. That could be his last shot too, and then my advice caused the death of your horse.
There. Know you know what I know (which is a whole lot of nothing). I don't want to confuse you on your decision on how to treat him but heck, nothing else is working.
Don't feel like you have to treat him with these meds if you don't want to. Heck, changing could hurt him worse than doing nothing. But, if you continue to do what you've been doing is he going to get better?
I was going to send you this in an email. I'm sure I'll get blasted here, but this is my opinion. Heck, I don't know what I would do if our positions were reversed. Actually, I'd try it because I feel that something new is better than something not working. I'm posting it only because I stand by my opinion.
I lost a seahorse to tailrot. It happened before I had Baytril to treat him with. I WISH I could have gotten that Baytril just a few days earlier. I might have had a different outcome with him.
I just thought I'd toss my point of view out there.

meowzer

I just got home from work and saw this post. Thank you...and I do appreciate your opinion very much...I have only had the horses since the end of October...so not much more than you..BUT I think you have done A LOT more research on illness and treatments
Dan seemed to think the sulpha/neo did not have time to begin to work...I only started the sulfa mix on Saturday...so Sat...Sun...Mon..and Monday night I basically removed the meds
IDK what to do anymore...I am kinda scared to do anything...I have to do the w/c....I don't even know how to use the Baytril....
I'm SOOOOOO confused

dive girl

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean the confusion. If Dan doesn't think that they've had enough time to work then you should listen to what he says. Like I said, I can't begin to compare how much more experience he has than I do.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Dive Girl
http:///forum/post/3065585
I'm sorry, I really didn't mean the confusion. If Dan doesn't think that they've had enough time to work then you should listen to what he says. Like I said, I can't begin to compare how much more experience he has than I do.
I am trying to load some new pics...hold on a minute...