BIGUN Has A BOOBOO

meowzer

OK...Yesterday was the 10th dose of Furan 2 ....I just did 50% w/c and added only neomycin (and bio-bandage)
Ann...Tommorrow I do another 50% w/c...and then begin the sulfa?? and dose 400MG of neomycin?? Just want to be 100%...on this...

ann83

Tomorrow, do a 50% water change and add 200mg of Neomycin and a standard dose of triple sulfa (whatever it tells you to use for 10 gallons on the package, should be about 380mg).
Sunday, do a 50% water change and add 200mg of Neomycin and half whatever you added the first day for Triple sulfa (should be about 190mg).
Repeat Sunday's instructions until you've used the Triple Sulfa for 10 days.
I was only suggesting that you use 400mg of Neomycin again if you ran carbon in between your use of Furan-2 and the use of Triple Sulfa, since carbon would pull out all of the antibiotic, including the Neomycin.

meowzer

AHHH...OK...got it...Just want to make sure I do all this right...the Triple sulfa is in little packets....it says to use one packet per 10g's.......so Sunday use half a packet of the Triple Sulfa??
Thanks ...like I said I want to do this right

meowzer

HMMM...Now I am worried again....When I took BIGUN out this morning to put the bio-bandage on him the wound was bleeding....Is this bad...or part of healing????
I did the 50% w/c...added 1 packet of the triple sulfa and 1ml of neomycin today

meowzer

Originally Posted by Dive Girl
http:///forum/post/3062804
In the event that Ann asks, this may save time, are you able to take and post a photo?
I pm'd Ann this morning and let her know.....I could not get a pic cause he was in my hand (plant and all..lol) and I was here alone and couldn't get to the camera...Everything looked the same except there was blood on it
Ann said to stop the bio bandage in case it's irritating the wound
Today is day one of the Triple Sulpha/neomycin combination

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3062814
Sure it isn't the outer covering (do the have skin?) starting to grow back?
LOL...SPANKO your guess is as good as mine....BUT I almost think it looks irritated...if that is the right word

I try not to hold him too much...he already hates me now

ann83

Another thought... has there been any itching, scratching, twitching, laboured breathing, or anything else notable?
The way the wound looks, and the way it isn't responding to antibiotics, has me considering ciliates. If it is, there are a few things that could help externally, but really only one difficult to find med that would be helpful internally. We should still give some time for the Neomycing & Triple Sulfa to work, but considering how difficult it is for you to get things, you might want to start looking for sources for Formalin (relatively easy to find) and Chloroquine (relatively difficult to find and not a fish med; used for malaria), in case there still isn't any improvement with the change in meds.

meowzer

OHHHH....I have formalin...I got it from dan when I ordered in the other things...
NOPE...No itching or anything else for that matter...he sits on his plant looking in the mirror....he hunts for his amphipods too...everything seems fine (WELL) as far as his QT behavior....
I am going to look up this ciliate thing right now...what is it? ANd also chloroquine....

meowzer

well...after reading about ciliates....I still have no clue what they are

ALSO the chloroquine....wow....where would you get that?

nw2salt08

It's also known as Aralen and can be purchased in Canada with no prescription. Look up under a certain search engine G----e as purchase aralen and you should be able to order it. A 30 pack of 250mg Aralen runs 27.00. Hth!

meowzer

HEY 2 people said maybe it's new skin...can it be????anyone have another opinion
CANADA...KATSAFADO......HELP

nw2salt08

katsafado
Dunno what that means. I do know that it's hard to get without a script here in the US. The shipping for the certain site I'm on is free but that's for standard air...I bet if you called you could have it shipped sooner.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Nw2Salt08
http:///forum/post/3063059
katsafado
Dunno what that means. I do know that it's hard to get without a script here in the US. The shipping for the certain site I'm on is free but that's for standard air...I bet if you called you could have it shipped sooner.
LOL...Kat lives in Canada.....He has a thread I have been involved with for a couple of months
I will look it up
thanks....I am soooo hoping I need nothing more