BTLDreef's 180 Tank Build

E

eric b 125

wow guys, the tank looks incredible. i love the rock work! the camera skills have improved over time, too!

btldreef

Thanks everyone!
I'm really happy with the way my husband aquascaped the rocks for this tank :) he has really worked very hard on it, and trying to strategically place corals in the correct spots. To be honest, I've really become more of a spectator with the tank now that I'm pregnant. It was hard for me to reach in the tank to begin with because of the way the lights sit in the canopy, but now with a belly, not happening, lol. He just asks my opinion on where to place things.
Glad that someone notices the photography is improving. Last months reef club meeting was on photography, and the tips they gave have really helped. These newer photos are also off our camera, which I don't know how to use, haha. If it's me posting photos, they're usually taken with my iPhone, that's about as technical as I can get. :laughing:
This tank just had it's 5 month birthday, so given the time span, we are VERY happy with how it's progressing. Need to do an update on the stock and equipment lists.

mr. limpid

There's the winner for this month best tank (you have my vote). Love the rock work, the ups and downs with the cave/tunnel, great job to the BTLDreef family.

mr. limpid

Then I blew it up, WOW the copper band is the crowning touch. As I said b4 december winner. All you have to is enter.

btldreef

I think my husband did enter, lol.
I love the Copperband! So glad that from day one it never nipped a coral and accepted frozen food. It will even eat from my hand, which I just think is amazing for a fish that is usually shy.
Anyone know how to post the pictures larger?

gemmy

Nice pics! What is the trick with keeping brains and acans alive? For some reason, I cannot keep them alive.

al&burke

Man that is some sick pictures - looking real good guys - I love the LED's as well, would love to build some myself but I have to tell you I really get thrown off by all this electronic stuff, I can build anything out of wood plastic glass but electrical stuff scares me, we should set up a workshop where we all get together and build a small set of LED's - LOL Corey and Mr BLTDreef are elected as the hosts with guest appearances by Shawn. Great job guys one of these months I am going to have to go through all of these LED builds and put a list together.