Dear Diary...

adairable

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Wow, that's a very good start!

thanks! I got it a few weeks ago and it was kind of a mess....I have had some trouble getting the nitrates down

adairable

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Nemo, welcome to Coral Mountain!!! LOL!!

ha! I can't wait to get a fish for my biocube...ich should almost be gone now

adairable

Thanks!!! I need a better camera...I never feel like you can actually see what I see on my not-so-good olympus stylus

smitty00

Adair, are you still in Richmond? You seem to be the only person in the trading forum that shows up with Richmond, Va in the search. Wondering about trading..just started up (8 weeks) a 90 gallon and was trying to find someone to trade with.

adairable

I visit a lot because that is where my family is...unfortunately I do not live there (Philly for now) and being a newbie I have nothing to trade

Sorry!

adairable

Thanks!
So looking at my coral it looks like all of my really small frags that I got for my 14g Biocube are gone. Is it possible that the peppermint shrimp ate them? Also, I put a small frag in the 12g AGA and now it has also disappeared...could the brittle star have ate it?!
I am confused....

bonebrake

Uh... That isn't good Adair.
Did this happen overnight?
You might have one of those coral-eating fire worms.

trainfever

Originally Posted by Adairable
Thanks!
So looking at my coral it looks like all of my really small frags that I got for my 14g Biocube are gone. Is it possible that the peppermint shrimp ate them? Also, I put a small frag in the 12g AGA and now it has also disappeared...could the brittle star have ate it?!
I am confused....

Where did you get your Peppermints? I hope someone didnt sell you Camelbacks instead. Did all of your corals disappear overnight or was this over a couple of days?
Also, what are you feeding your tank? Peppermints are basically scavengers but if not fed....You also have to have a variety of foods, not just a container of flake food. I have about 3 different kinds of flake, 3 granules, plus I have a couple of other containers with mixtures of the flakes and granules. I also have about 10 different frozen foods and 3 algae sheets. Make sure you have frozen foods so the pepermints get meat.

bonebrake

Adair, I just ran into Trainfever at Pets Plus in Northeast Philly. He is a good guy if you want to go get some caulerpa or chaeto from him for your refugium.

adairable

Originally Posted by trainfever
Where did you get your Peppermints? I hope someone didnt sell you Camelbacks instead. Did all of your corals disappear overnight or was this over a couple of days?
Also, what are you feeding your tank? Peppermints are basically scavengers but if not fed....You also have to have a variety of foods, not just a container of flake food. I have about 3 different kinds of flake, 3 granules, plus I have a couple of other containers with mixtures of the flakes and granules. I also have about 10 different frozen foods and 3 algae sheets. Make sure you have frozen foods so the pepermints get meat.
I have some flake and then some other sort of pellets....I think I should feed them more often. I don't think they have much to scavenge becuase there are no fish or anything....

adairable

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
Adair, I just ran into Trainfever at Pets Plus in Northeast Philly. He is a good guy if you want to go get some caulerpa or chaeto from him for your refugium.

A W E S O M E

adairable

Uh... That isn't good Adair.
Did this happen overnight?
You might have one of those coral-eating fire worms.
HA! not funny

adairable

the one on ridge???

bonebrake

Originally Posted by Adairable
the one on ridge???
No, the nice one out in Northeast Philly off of US-1 on Red Lion Rd.