Do you believe in evolution?

ozmar

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
I do believe
in the new Mitsubishi Evolution
Lancer...The Evo X, I think it comes out in January. Estimated at 0-60 in 4.0 seconds, for about $35,000, it will run toe to toe with the Porche 911. Thats my next car!!!
You know, I think that car came about through natural processes of selection and mutation as previous, more primitive cars were smashed together over millions of billions of years. Eventually, that model just happened to come out of the process.
Ozmar the Auto-evolutionist

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Ozmar
You know, I think that car came about through natural processes of selection and mutation as previous, more primitive cars were smashed together over millions of billions of years. Eventually, that model just happened to come out of the process.
Ozmar the Auto-evolutionist

No no no. God created it from an old head gasket that he took from an Eclipse and breathed life into it. I'm not sure what day it was though, but I'm sure you can look it up in First vehicle 1.1.

jovial

On the 7th day Al Gore invented the flux capacitor which allowed him to make the leap to jumbo light speed, then he rested and invented the internet the following day. Today he commutes in a bio-deisel powered version of the Millenium Falcon.

devil dog

Originally Posted by Jovial
On the 7th day Al Gore invented the flux capacitor which allowed him to make the leap to jumbo light speed, then he rested and invented the internet the following day. Today he commutes in a bio-deisel powered version of the Millenium Falcon.
Now thats funny

ophiura

And somewhere in there, God created Pie. Which I like immensely.
Once again we have demonstrated that there are two complete opposite ends of this debate. These opposites "own" the topic, and so we will get no where. There are loads of misconceptions, no room to discuss them, because (mostly one side in this argument in this thread) feel they have posted the "proof." The only proof is that there is no way anyone will prove anything in this thread, because everyone already believes what they want. If you believe those 10 things prove creationism, then so be it. If you believe they are overused and make your eyes roll, then so be it. We are getting no where, and no one I can say definitively, has proven ANYTHING except that the debate is still going no where, IMO. It is owned by the extremes.

ozmar

Then I say let's let the Bible have the final word on this subject:
"All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made." - John 1:3
That's my daughter's memory verse for this week.
Ciao!
Ozmar the Proud Daddy

jerthunter

“Those who know Brahma's day which comprises the duration of four billion three hundred million years and his nights also the duration of four billion three hundred million years are knowers of day and night.
With the advent of his day all living entities are produced from the unmanifest and the arrival of his night dissapear again thereinto that which is designated as the unmanifest.
O Arjuna, these very same innumerous living entities repeatedly taking birth with the advent of his day, disapear on the arrival of his night manifesting again automatically on the advent of his night."
Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 8, verses 17-19

clown boy

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
Genesis 1:27
"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth DAY
."
Genesis 1:31

jerthunter

“Praise be to Allah, Who created (out of nothing) the heavens and the earth, Who made the angels, messengers with wings,- two, or three, or four (pairs): He adds to Creation as He pleases: for Allah has power over all things (Chapter 35 verse 1 Yusufali translation)”

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
a quoting war haha this is fun
Nothing like that. Just thought we should give equal opportunity to all the scriptures, but since we already have several people quoting the bible I doubt another quote from the Bhagavad Gita would hurt, althought this one is from a different translations.
“All beings merge into My primary material Nature at the end of a cycle of just over 311 trillion solar years, O Arjuna, and I create them again at the beginning of the next cycle.” Ch. 9, verse 7.

darknes

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
Genesis 1:27
"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth DAY
."
Genesis 1:31
There you go again, taking the Bible literally in English (which is was not written in).
It's like trying to read a translated poem: much of the meaning is lost.

clown boy

"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves."
2 Peter 2:1

socal57che

Originally Posted by Darknes
There you go again, taking the Bible literally in English (which is was not written in).
It's like trying to read a translated poem: much of the meaning is lost.
Nope. It may not rhyme, but the meaning is not lost.

ice4ice

All life on earth has evolved since the dawn of the dinosaurs. We evolved from apes, birds & reptiles evolved from dinosaurs. Mammals evolved from early mammals. It's all scientific facts not dreams ... nor it's religion/God related.