END of 225g..Beginning of 180G

deejeff442

my back up plan is to cry out loud.although i always keep a few tanks around.when i get my 8 foot tank i might just keep the 250.heck wont get much $ for it anyway. by then my 20 by 20 shop will be mostly empty. by the way i put the first few eggs in the incubator today. in 3 days i have to candle to see if they are firtle then 21 days to little chicks.hopefully

ridem32

Dejeff good luck with your eggs! I hatched a bunch of peacock eggs that way! I had to go in a closest to candle my eggs with a mini mag flashlight but it works ! Is this a chicken & fish forum? Lol. :)

meowzer

I broke off a small 2 headed piece of frogspawn (from the 29G) last night and stuck it in a little hole in the 180G
I think it likes it so far

meowzer

I CAME VERY VERY CLOSE.....LOL.....I had 5 anthias and a squamosa clam in my cart.....I STOPPED MYSELF before I hit BUY LOl
Do you think it's too soon? LOL

ridem32

I can't give advice because some think I'm a salesman lol. But I set up a 150 about a year ago! With in 4 days I had black longnose tang. Yellow tang, blue tang, 2 purple tangs 2 pair clown fish and a 6 inch clam! Everything still doing great and added a Achilles goldrim hybrid about a month ago! But I use ***** every week or biweekly But so far to me your tank looks great!! :)

deejeff442

even though you switched tanks and changed sand. all that rock is good to go. i am sure you have been testing the water. i would add a few things .over the years i have learned sea creatures arent as fragile as you thing. heck i had a trigger stuck under a rock for 2 weeks before i found him.he was fine. then another trigger bit my finger i pulled my hand out.he hit the floor after an hour he was back out and fine.looks like your corals and fish are doing great. adding too many fish fast is a no no but not so much with corals. plus you dont have much bio-load in the tank .i would order a few things . by the way didnt you say you are now broke from the new set up? lol

deejeff442

seriously ,you are not supposed to post competitors. thats all i am saying. personally i am old school and dont like to put anything in my tanks i am not sure of.there are hundreds of snake oil products out the . rid -ich comes to mind for sure.

meowzer

ridem.....SWF is also a store......so it's just known that we don't post about competitors.....
I also DO NOT like to add anything to the tank
JEFF....The water is great....I was worried that I would have an issue, but everything seems to be going good......Now I will have to wait for another free shipping sale ..LOL

deejeff442

you still have the black tang? i would love to see a pic of him. my fish supplier had a brain fart a year or so ago.he had a black tang and thought he would add a yellow tank.next morning the $12 yellow killed his $700 black. bet he dont do that again.

deejeff442

free lol.whats the difference at this point? its a money pit we all fell into.i miss my tank.all i have is my 90 gallon with my 2 mp40's and its stuffed with rock. weird thing is all i have been doing it top off. didnt do a water change in 5 months.and no light. but i look at the rock and the front glass and some sweet purple coraline is growing all over everything.at least that makes me happy.i figure a couple months before i get my big tank i will set up my other 90 gallon and put all the dry rock i have stored with a few pieces of wet rock and run it.then when the big tank is full of water i have almost 400 lbs of live rock .well seems like a plan

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/395697/end-of-225g-beginning-of-180g/60#post_3524086
you still have the black tang? i would love to see a pic of him. my fish supplier had a brain fart a year or so ago.he had a black tang and thought he would add a yellow tank.next morning the $12 yellow killed his $700 black. bet he dont do that again.
My sailfin tang is one I lost :( It was one of my first fish too.....
I also lost the Vlamingi :(
I know this will sound mean....BUT I would rather have my sailfin then the blue hippo
My yellow tang is NOT the least bit aggressive....

deejeff442

last time i had a yellow was probably 20 years ago.i can barely remember yesterday so dont know if he was aggressive.yea i lost my sailfin in the gararge tank when we moved .should have gave them away.

deejeff442

well i worked for a few hours this morning.just got done cutting up veggies for the chickens. i hope to find at least 2 more eggs today.i cant add anymore to the incubator after today because of the time line.only have 4 in there now.hope to candle this weekend and find at least 4 fertile.wish me luck.oh yea when i do hatch some i have no clue what i am going to do with them.they will go into a 30 gallon tank with a light for a few weeks then have to find them a home.dont need anymore.but we know lots of people dont think it will be a problem.i hope anyway .i sure dont want to build a 5th coop.

meowzer

JEFF...LOL....A lot of time SWF has a special on shipping....it's free is you buy $99 worth of livestock
Why are you hatching if you don't need anymore???? No eggs yet for me :( should be soon I HOPE

deejeff442

my friend had this incubator and i figured i would try it. i have 3 friends with only a few hens.i wont have a problem giving them away.i just got in.2 more eggs so now have 6 in there. i would be happy to get 3 or 4 chicks.we will see.now just keep filling the water tray and wait till sunday to candle.