END of 225g..Beginning of 180G

deejeff442

i also found an egg in the younger hens coop. it comes in spurts.seems onch they hit 6 months its more consistant.but they shouls start at 4 months.our last coop has 5 hens all 6 weeks old so it will be a while for them

ridem32

Ok like I said before was just trying to be helpfull that's all. Sorry about saying anything about a product! My 280 started leaking 2 days ago! Got it drained got fish everywhere like meow did ! Got 280 cleaned, vaccum, old silicone off going to add another glass to bottom of tank to go against back glass and reseal. Totol cost so far about $60 with glass & 4 tubes of calk size silicone! But I have never resealed a tank before but I'm going to try it! So far all my fish are fine! I do still have my black tang if you was asking me! You see at YouTube from meow old thread! I'm also a new 3 month old member at RC and just thought I would join this one also. This is about the only post I have been to on this forum! I'm just a old country boy! I have had ich never used rid ich or cooper or nuttin and never lost a fish to ich! Anyways good luck to all and hope everyone does great with tanks & chickens! Lol I get on forums to learn and to really help people out with what little I know! That's what I thought forums was about! Meow you have done great with the tank swap keep up the good work!! :)

meowzer

Thanks ridem....and good luck with your project....
A lot of people will re-seal their tanks.....I just don't think I would trust it...that's just me though
ONE THING....Make sure you have enough water movement in the totes with the fish

meowzer

HMMMM.....I'm guessing that even though I used the same rock...I used new sand....that I will go thru a diatom stage :(
true????

ridem32

Meow how is your tank? Got my leak fixed ! I hope! I lack 7 inches of water from being full ran out of salt! Lol got all my fish & rock back in tank! Hope to get the other 7 inches of water back in it tomorrow I have used a lot of salt and RO water filling up this 280 gallon 2 times in less thank 2 weeks! Anyways keep me posted on how all your livestock is doing!
Thanks Michael

meowzer

It's doing great...thanks for asking.....going thru a little diatom stage, but everything seems to be happy
I will probably begin to get a few new things in a week or 2

ridem32

Great glad to hear!!! I'm almost full of water now about 4 more inches! From top just hope it don't leak!!! So far been lucky have not lost any of my live stock! I have all my fish back in tank now they made it thru the nite in new mix salt water mix with my snake oil I hope to get it all done today sump & all then I can test a few days and start setting up my other 280. Trust me u know what you went thru!!! It's a lot of work & stress lol. Hang tuff and keep me posted!
Michael

ridem32

Meow you get any new livestock ? I got my tank up & running all the way! I got all livestock back in it, sump running so far so good no leaks did not lose any fish as of now! But I will feel better in about a week or so! That was a job! So I know what you went thru! Good luck & keep us posted!
Michael

meowzer

OK...I think I will place an order next week......JUST trying to decide exactly what....LOL
Thinking for my 1st order 4 female lyretail anthias and 1 male.....and a squamosa clam
I have not had any luck with anthias in the past.......is that a good quantity? Should I mix them up.....maybe with a different type anthias
anyone who has any I would appreciate any tips or suggestions :)

deejeff442

arent the like cromis and is better to have an odd number of them? not sure i have also read having like 7-9 is better .since only one should change sex. just trying to remember?

acrylic51

The female out numbering the males is correct, but I thought it was more on the line of 3 female to 1 male....Anthias need to be fed frequently.......I'm not quite sure on mixing I think a lot of research would need to be done, before drawing any conclusion, but if you'd attemp it I'd try to introduce the different types at the same time.....Back to the feeding.....They need to be fed 4-6 times, small amounts and pristine water quality to thrive......