END of 225g..Beginning of 180G

2quills

I'd do what ever you prefer aesthetically speaking. The fixture is higher above the new tank than the old one but it's also 6" of less water the light has to penetrate as well so you're not really losing anything in regards to light penetration. If you do lower it then I'd dim the fixture down a touch.

ridem32

Get you some Startsmart complete by TLC go to the website get the phone # call ask for Matt tell him that Michel from Mississippi told you to call ! Ad it to your tank biweekly and you will lov it! Your tank looks very good ! I got my 280 gallon set up been 6 days I'm fully stocked with huge fish! Lol
Keep up the good work :)

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/395697/end-of-225g-beginning-of-180g/40#post_3523843
I'd do what ever you prefer aesthetically speaking. The fixture is higher above the new tank than the old one but it's also 6" of less water the light has to penetrate as well so you're not really losing anything in regards to light penetration. If you do lower it then I'd dim the fixture down a touch.
I like the way it looks where it is Corey.....I just wasn't sure if I needed to lower it for better penetration....You know IDK the "specifics" of this stuff....LOL

kylev

Looking very good Meowzer!! The background makes a huge difference. Your hippo makes me really miss mine I lost him about 7 months ago he was over 7-8" and was my favorite fish.

E

eric b 125

I love 180's. They're big enough without being too big and have great proportions. Wish I'd have gone 180 instead of 125. Oh well, 300DD someday....someday....
Things are looking good meowzer! Everything is holding up okay, I take it? I would leave the light where it is for a week or so: the corals are getting more light than they were before and they've been through enough to keep changing things so quickly. I think give them a little time to situate themselves to the new tank/ new chemistry, then if you don't like the aesthetics of where the fixture is, then change it.

deejeff442

i like the height .looks like there is plenty of light and even better more room to get into the tank.like i said if you do clams you might need to lower it for more intense light on them.but for now it looks perfect

deejeff442

i like the height .looks like there is plenty of light and even better more room to get into the tank.like i said if you do clams you might need to lower it for more intense light on them.but for now it looks perfect

meowzer

Yeah....everything is doing good...I have not lost anything else....to death that is.....some shrooms floated away :( BUT everything else seems to be coming back just fine
One of my anemones decided to come out in the back of the tank.....I'm gonna leave it be though....it may change its mind tomorrow....LOL
I am thinking clams Jeff......I'd like one for the sand......and maybe one in the rocks.....not sure yet

deejeff442

i like the sand ones.they move around a bit .but the ones that attach to the rock will usually die if you need to detach it .i am still on the fence for a reef or a fowlr.so many cooler fowlr fish but i also loved my clams and hammer /torch corals.we will see in the fall i guess.glad your nightmare is over

meowzer

A few pics
this was a good one.....2 lazy snails hitching on a turbo

Purple shrooms

yuma

Mama leather....still shedding a little.....but beginning to come out

one of the baby leathers...

clown and a pj cardinal

this little clam....or it may be a mussel....has been with me for a long time....it was in a cave before the "switch"

Florida Conch....also has a hitch hiker LOL

baby conch haha

leather tree.....beginning to perk back up

cabbage leather

other cabbage leather

green striped mushroom

orange ricordea

yellow tang ABOVE
blue hippo tang

meowzer

These are purple somethings.....LOL...I forget...I got them from Carlos though

some brown palys

PSP

more brown palys

E

eric b 125

Looks good Meowzer! You done good for having to hustle like that.

novahobbies

Wow, the 180 really does look nice there. And the light fixture looks great where it's at...if the corals are happy, I wouldn't move it. Gives you more room to get in there if you need to, also.
I think you really sold me on my next upgrade...when I reach that point, I'll be looking at 180's as well. VERY nice. I'm so sorry you had to go through all this, but it looks like it's turning out well!

meowzer

Thanks guys......did some water testing last night and all is good :) calcium is at 400.....so that should be fine for a clam too
thinking I might try a piece of sps again and see how it does.....just trying to be PATIENT and wait haha

ridem32

Not a salesman! I just use it. Just trying to be helpfull. Anyway your tank looks great! Wow! By the way I got chickens also lol. Got to lov those fresh eggs!! :)

meowzer

LOL..Yes I am....and I am really liking the size of the 180
It is good to always have a back up plan