Everyone post a picture of your tank here please

Z

zandriab

Draven - Thanks for the advice. I did learn about the TP really quickly when I posted a pic elsewhere.
I will take donations from anyone who would like to help upgrade my tank for me. We could call it something like "Saving Dori"
:notsure:
My tang is over two years old now though and doesn't show too much sign of taking over the tank. The only problem I have with him is I battle ich in the summer. My tank is on the second floor in an unairconditioned room. The start of the summer was hard, but I have a fan on it now that helps tremendously. I can now handle hot, just not hot AND humid.
Just curious though, if it stresses the fish out, how come LFS have so many fish in each tank. They seem to do just fine and they are bigger fish in smaller tanks! I'm curious?
Thanks

T

tizzo

Originally posted by ZandriaB
I will take donations from anyone who would like to help upgrade my tank for me. We could call it something like "Saving Dori"
:notsure:
Just curious though, if it stresses the fish out, how come LFS have so many fish in each tank. They seem to do just fine and they are bigger fish in smaller tanks! I'm curious?
Thanks

I hope you are not serious about that first part. I personally would like to see a fish like that in a bigger tank, even if it's not yours. Instead of helping you get a bigger tank, why don't you help "Dori" get a bigger tank and give her away. This prolly sounds mean, and that's not my intent. I realize that reading this doesn't express my sympathy.
As far as the second part. LFS's are temporary tanks. A fish will not establish a "territory" to be a danger to others, nor will it live there long enough, that the tank size will be detrimental. If that is not the case with a specific LFS, then they are an unknowledgable, & poor business that is only in it for the money, and not to contribute to an interesting hobby.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by kl8n
I think you should take Dori out and eat her. Help those tree huggers realize just how good old Dori had it before they got involved.

Got involved in what?? Oh, that's right your referring to the whole SALTWATER FISH discussion!! My bad. Yeah, far be it for any of us to interject on a topic like that. That makes us tree huggers huh?? Come to a saltwater fish sight, learn a thing or two about saltwater fish, and the ones you learned from are tree huggers because they tell you somethin' you don't wanna hear?? Did I get that right?
And by the way, if your a female, you can show up at a biker bar on a Huffy, and you'd be perfectly welcome...IF your female. So your 2 cents, just got reduced to... well... nil.

salty cheese

Originally posted by Tizzo
Got involved in what?? Oh, that's right your referring to the whole SALTWATER FISH discussion!! My bad. Yeah, far be it for any of us to interject on a topic like that. That makes us tree huggers huh?? Come to a saltwater fish sight, learn a thing or two about saltwater fish, and the ones you learned from are tree huggers because they tell you somethin' you don't wanna hear?? Did I get that right?
And by the way, if your a female, you can show up at a biker bar on a Huffy, and you'd be perfectly welcome...IF your female. So your 2 cents, just got reduced to... well... nil.

chandler04

Originally posted by Beth
Am I seeing things or is that a whale in that tank! Where's the whale police? :scared:

This is officer shamu speaking. To notify of certain specifications, a whale of yer species, more commonly known as the killer whale, is a creature that has many requiremtns. For one, minumum tank size of 100,000 gallons. Two, water temp needs to be about 55 degrees ferenheit. And, this is also a toothy creature, so it requires about 20 pounds of live or dead fish a day, preferably striped seabass. Thanks for yer time, and Id like to congradulate you on a job well done keeping so many fish in that tank for such a long time. You must be really good my friend.:D

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by avbryce1
I refuse to hijack this thread any more but i will be starting a kl8n bashing thread in the aquarium :D

No, avbryce, you won't. This off-target conversation needs to stop. Also, Foxxy, I did not at all appreciate that comment or any of the other comments that are now deleted.
Please get back to the purpose of this thread, or take it elsewhere.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Salty, that is a nice looking start on that tank. And some nice figi. Are you going reef?

A

autopilot

My clown and BTA are hiding on the back of some of those rocks.