Explain where your user name originated

bishop_gid

Wow... ok.. mine takes a while to explain... :)
Way back in high school I played D&D... and my characters name was Gideon...
Moving on a few years...
back when AOL only allowed you to have 8 character names I need to pick a name and I came up with "Priest" from a book I was reading... Priest was the alias of a cyber punk and I liked it... Well... Priest was taken so I thought, what's close to a priest? Bishop! Yeah! So I picked "O Bishop O"... (the O's were decoration...)
Moving on a few more years...
I was signing up to a message board and I needed a name... both Bishop and Gideon were taken, BUT Bishop Gideon was not taken... I figured everyone would get it, that the name was Gideon and the title was Bishop... nope... everyone called me Bish... and when my son was born, he became a "Son of a Bish"... ha ha...
Moving on to the present...
I sign up here and I can't use my full name "Bishop Gideon"... So it gets shortened to "Bishop_Gid"....
Also, someone in between all that I registered as a Bishop with the ULC online... so, I am a Bishop, and can preform weddings and such.... but it's not like I do... :)
So... still reading? Congrats... you made it a long way!

agent707

That's uhmmm... a very Looong explaination. No, I didn't read it all either. I stopped right after D&D.
I quite using my old D&D names decades ago.
Anyway. My alias doesn't mean anything... It originated from needing to come up with a username. Took about what... 10 seconds.

moby

You know from the novel by Herman Melville....
One of my favorite books from childhood and it is a constant reminder to, unlike the main character, not let obsessions run your entire life. Like this insane hobby (obsession!)

Moby

sepulatian

my name is the name of my snake, burmese python, another of my babies, he died a few years ago, but his name lives on!!!!

S

sinner's girl

Husband found this site first, signed up as Sinner, when I signed on I used Sinner's Girl since we had the same tank and would posting in the same thread...
this is the only forum where I use this name.

threed240

The threed is a name I got in college. My name is Derek, the other two D's, well its not appropriate to say. One is an Animal(mule), the other is an appendage?

As for the 240, I drive a Nissan 240sx. So thats it.

3m

3M is abbreviated for MiniMotoMike which is a name I've had for about 10 years and have used it on nearly every BBS, people get tired of spelling it out so it was shortend to 3M. Whats a miniMoto you ask? well here's some pics of me in action.

glowplug

Wow those thing look like fun, I bet it still hurts though! Glowplug was my name on the first message board I ever posted on. It was an -- nitro car forum! I used to race them up in Joyce park ohio. A glowplug is a sparkplug on a nitro motor.

3m

it only hurts if you fall :) still, its a lot of fun, small bikes, 40+ mph on a go cart track = miles of smiles

jojo_b

Mine's a name I picked up in college that stuck. At this stage, I can't even remember how I got it.

captneil

Neil is our Kole Tang's name. He is "in charge" of our tank! We are in the aviation industry, so Capt. Neil seemed so appropriate!

tat2d

Tried to find something that said something about me that wasn't saltwater related....too easy. My other hobbies(obsessions) are custom cars(lowriders and old hot rods), guns, and collecting tattoos. The tattoos are the first thing you see, so that's it. My wife and kid call me color-book man. But they aren't the typical jailhouse blackwork type that you see everywhere. They are proffesional, VERY colorful, and the artwork is incredible (better be, for 200 bucks an hour) :scared: . I am constantly stopped on the street by people so they can check out my tats. Funny thing is, about a quarter of them are little old ladies going on and on about how pretty they are
I go in for more 1 or 2 times a month, and plan on being covered from neck to ankles eventually.
Got pics if anyone's interested. And they are all family freindly..... I'm 35, but my momma would still smack the %#$- out of me if I got anything vulgar in plain sight.
Had to promise her a long time ago I wouldn't do that.
Anyway, that's my story.
Peace,
Bobby

emmitt

The greatest football player who ever lived!!!
For those of you under the misconception of someone else..... Emmitt Smith!!!!!!