Explain where your user name originated

cindylowho

Originally Posted by moby
Hey Tannels,
Any good LFS in Phoenix area?
I'm in Tucson.
Moby
There are a few, Fin's and Friends, Aquatouch and OceanArt. I do most of my business at Fin's and Friends although they can be a little pricey. I like the owners real well, they special order for me, do house calls when I have problems, etc. I'm probably one of their best customers. Aquatouch is really clean, but a little snobby. OceanArt is a haul for me to go to. They have a huge supply of coral, probably the best in town.

tannels

I live on the same block as Aquatouch, and I really like the way their store looks.. very clean.. very well kept.. didn't seem snobby to me at all when I have gone in there. The only problem is.. it's always packed in there when I go in.. and it's sometimes hard to find someone to help you :)
There is also The Oceans Bottom.. or something like that.. found it last weekend.. they don't have a huge supply.. but they have a huge huge store.. with lots and lots of nice stuff.. worth going to just for the giant tank in the entryway with the 2' long catfish :)

hatessushi

Because I hate eating raw fish. I figuered this is a forum for keeping fish as pets, not eating them... :scared:

cindylowho

OceanFloor, I don't like to buy live goods from them, all their tanks share filtration. Their display of fresh water fish is great, some of the biggest fish I've seen and they will take in trades when they get to big for a customers home. If you have the chance go to OceanArt, they are on Ray Rd about 2 miles west of I17.

tannels

Originally Posted by CindyLoWho
OceanFloor, I don't like to buy live goods from them, all their tanks share filtration. Their display of fresh water fish is great, some of the biggest fish I've seen and they will take in trades when they get to big for a customers home. If you have the chance go to OceanArt, they are on Ray Rd about 2 miles west of I17.
I will check them out.. hadn't heard of them yet :)
Thanks for the advice.. yea.. the saltwater section didn't look all that great there.. but they have alot of quality equipment.. and a nice selection of LR.. and I can't get over some of their big tanks :)

moby

Thanks guys! Looks like I'm making a trip north soon.
Sorry for getting this thread off topic!

BTW, I love sushi!!
Moby

shrimpdady

It was late one night and I believe I was slightly intoxicated and chose a name.
I chose ShrimpDady because it sounds like Pimp Daddy!? :notsure:

I am by no means a "pimp" or a "daddy", but as I said, I was drunk and thought it was funny.
:hilarious
:hilarious
By the way, the greatest football player alive is Peyton Manning!

hardcrab67

Well mine is my old CB handle. Here in the Chesapeake Bay, you have blue crabs. We call 'em hard crabs, when they shed or molt they're called soft shells. Since trucking is hard and it makes you crabby, it seemed only fitting. '67 was the year I was hatched.

rusting

I use to tell pepole, that old Ironworkers don't die we just rust away, now that I'm retired, I'm rusting.

S

slayer

mine was a nickname from highschool because it has always been my favorite band since they started playing.

akhuneteru

I chose this name because I love history and science. My name means "Shining Ones" in ancient Egyptian. They were a race of beings that lived in the first of four ages from what the ancient Egyptians called the "First Time" or Zep Tepi, about 25,000 years ago (before the last Ice Age.) Archeologists believe only in the fourth which is known as the reign of "Mortal Kings", Cheops, Rameses etc. Of course, what the Egyptians believed would totally mess up the Timeline as we know it. They were, according to myths around the world, destroyed by a great cataclysm that, they say, occurs about every 15,000 years. The names reminds me that the Earth is like a living creature. It is constantly changing and moving and that nothing lasts forever.

U

urugly

we use to mess around when we were in high school about how ugly ur...every car forum and forum I sign up for will always be...URUGLY...
Not to offend anyone...it's just never taken and I remember it when I go into a forum even if it has been a while.