Gay Marriage, Abortion and other moral issue?

pontius

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
wow same in our house...tobin is a staunch republican and i am ...well non political i guess

LMAO! you're his wife? I didn't know he actually found somebody willing to marry him! I guess there really IS somebody for everybody.
jk seasalt, don't go crazy,.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Jovial
So whats to stop someone from having 17 wives and calling it marriage, or someone from marrying a heard of wildabeasts or a tree. Im a Christian and personally believe it is wrong but if you want to be gay, great just dont ask me to accept it, tolerance is one thing acceptance is another.
As for abortion, I view it for what it does, it stops an innocent life through violent means. It dosent prevent a plant from growing it prevents a human being from living. Id have a hard time if I found out my spouse had my little son or daughter sliced into peices and sucked through a vacum cleaner. Call it for what it really is ever seen the photos of a baby killed during an abortion?
this is what i think to , look at how much are society has changed in just the last 50 years , things that are accepted today would not have been accepted then . if u legalize abortion and gay marriage now are children will grow up thinking its normal behavior infact creating an avolanch effect 20 years from there there going to want to marry siblings well why not 2 guys can get married why cant i marry my sister i just want to be accepted . trust me if the government legalizes these things theres no stopping it people eventually will be able to do what they want. hey just like soddam and gamora hmmm. doesnt revalations say something about that in the end times.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
While you may be able to say that government should not dictate who gets married, abortion, I think, is another matter, since it involves the life or death of a human being and whether a pregnant woman has the right to terminate that life. Big difference between that and marriage.

michaeltx

very true Beth I am pro-life on that issue unless it stems from Rap or other abuseive non consentual conception. To me personally in that issue its a you done the deed now deal with the consequences of that deed.
Mike

seasalt101

it's ok pontius jenny and me are not married she is my girlfriend and 11 years younger than me heh heh i am really not that bad, opinionated yes but still loveable and my all time republican hero was reagan my all time favorite democrat was fdr even thogh he started income tax freakin dems were you a fan of reagan?

pontius

Originally Posted by reefreak29
this is what i think to , look at how much are society has changed in just the last 50 years , things that are accepted today would not have been accepted then . if u legalize abortion and gay marriage now are children will grow up thinking its normal behavior infact creating an avolanch effect 20 years from there there going to want to marry siblings well why not 2 guys can get married why cant i marry my sister i just want to be accepted . trust me if the government legalizes these things theres no stopping it people eventually will be able to do what they want. hey just like soddam and gamora hmmm. doesnt revalations say something about that in the end times.
hmmm, let's think about some things that have changed in the last 50 years...black people are no longer lynched. cable tv. we are now able to keep saltwater fish. Red Sox won the world series. Steve Spurrier has come to South Carolina. lots of other things I can't think of right now.
you say, "if we legalize abortion and gay marriage our children will grow up thinking it's normal behavior". um, abortion has been legal for about 30 years now. does everybody think it's "normal"? I personally think it's irresponsible and unnecessary because pregnancy is easy to prevent. so I wouldn't want my wife or girlfriend to have an abortion. but hey, what somebody 1000 miles away that I'll never meet doesn't really affect me if they decide to have an abortion. and the same for gay marriage. I personally think women are way too sexy for me to ever turn gay. but if a man falls in love with another man, what's that got to do with me?
if God says having an abortion or being gay is a sin, ok. and if you're a christian, ok. but what does somebody else's life have to do with you or your religion? there is nowhere in the Bible that says you should enforce God's word. in fact, the Bible says man must live by man's law while on earth. if these things are sins, then God will punish, not you.

pontius

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
very true Beth I am pro-life on that issue unless it stems from Rap
so only rappers should be aborted? I could kind of see the point of that, I guess. lol, couldn't resist.

michaeltx

LOL my spelling is way off today for some reason more than normal I think its ADD or what ever they call it these days

reefreak29

Pontius said:
you say, "if we legalize abortion and gay marriage our children will grow up thinking it's normal behavior". um, abortion has been legal for about 30 years now. does everybody think it's "normal"?
its very obviuse that its become much more acceptable and we humans.. are becoming very calus. these are my opinions im not trying to change the views of other people . i just dont understand why people want to accept it . and your right God will judge us all one day and I should not judge any single person and i dont think i did. but i dont have to accept it.

jovial

Originally Posted by Pontius
by that token, why would you expect anyone to "accept" your Christianity? "acceptance" and "tolerance" are 2 way streets. otherwise, we're nothing but fascists.
What works for some dosent work for others, but in a democracy dosent the majority rule in terms of legislation? If its legal then the law must have been accepted by a majority in order to be passed... generally speaking. I dont expect acceptance but rather tolerance. If something is allowed it's being tolerated? If the law supports it, it has been accepted.

jennythebugg

wow iv'e been itching for tobin to log out so i could tell ya yeah he has a big mouth but that ain't the only thing hehehe.

...go ahead and delete it mods at least i got to say it

jk seasalt, don't go crazy,.[/QUOTE]

aztec reef

I'm throwing my $.02 contraversial cents in...
Gay marriage: "different strokes for different folks"..I don't have a problem with gays as long as they keep a 10 feet distance from me...I believe in right and wrong.. and being gay doesn't seem right to me. If my parents were gay i wouldn't be here..that's unacceptable...
Now don't get me wrong , I'm not a dedicated Christian and usually don't take the bibble literally. i haven't been to church in years,But i still followand pass on the word of God..
Yes, society changes every year and we cannot stop it..
I think is all of the NEW Generation(liberals) that is driving us to the Armagedon. My Aztec calendar states that something big is bound to happend in 2012. remenber this...lol
Abortions: are totally Unnaceptable to me, and my wife feels me on that one..
If a woman makes a mistake and has a child..I don't think it should be their right to kill it...If you get raped or don't want the child, Give it away,so that others can Adopted and give it a chance in life..Aborting is really selfish and careless, Irresponsible & Lazy. i know it's been legal in some places but it won't be practiced on my watch..by any of my family..
It doesn't matter if you legalize it!! That will Not get rid of the black market..and all the corruption,Actually it will make it easier for criminals to do their thing..
You Can only tolarate so much, and it all depends on how you were raised and what values you offer...
that said: i'm ready to get stoned!! and i don't mean get high, but get stoned by you guys..

michaeltx

If a woman makes a mistake and has a child..I don't think it should be their right to kill it...If you get raped or don't want the child, Give it away,so that others can Adopted and give it a chance in life..Aborting is really selfish and careless & Lazy. i know it's legal in some places but it won't be practiced on my watch..
aztec I agree with most of this but have you ever been around a woman that has been rapped without getting pregnant from that horrid action? The reason I say this is that I have and it takes a tremendous mental toll on them that I can only imagine and have seen the outward mentality and effects of it. When it results in a pregnancy its even worse. I have had 3 friends of mine rapped by people all of which are in Jail for their crime.*thank goodness* 1 girl decided that she was going to do what you suggested because she became pregnant and carried the baby to term. It was so hard on her because of the horrific way she became pregnant that 2 days after the baby was born she commited suicide because she couldnt deal with it anymore. My main problem with politics deciding that abortion is illegal all the way around is that circumstances like this come up and I personally do not want a woman reliving the ---- everyday for the next 9 months its hard enough to get pasted that with out the pregnancy.
JMHO
Mike

reefforbrains

As for God judging, thats only if you believe in God. It is true the majority rules in our election process for what becomes law, then again just becasue its legal doesnt mean everyone chooses to do it. Particual laws and rules are set for extreme circumstances are now common day loopholes.
The live and let live mindset is ultimatley only as good as the people embracing it. I personally feel we are all too quick to bark to our legal reps to make loopholes for EVERYTHING!!.
Obese people that cannot fit into theaters or Airlines seats....too frickin bad! Thats a lifestyle you choose, gland disorder or not. Its just a lame spot for the individual to be in, not the airline or the theaters responsibility. I get attacked by these trolls screaming ADA and its rediculous. Now legal and recognized but its completley overboard.
whats next?.....Me suing a miniature golf course because the putters they provide are too short for me to play with causing me to lean over too far hurting my back?
Not before I get too off on a tangent or trivialize someones position. There are things that just fall into the classification of lifes little hardships based proportionatley for the choices you make. Some clearly more unfortunate then others, but making legal loopholes to accomodate often does not help the situation. None of the above issues are equivical to slavery or womens sufferage IMO.
The Supreme court doesnt need to continually get involved and dillute its authority trying to please all of the people all of the time wth these topics or offshoots of these topics.
OP's question was should Same --- Marrage and Abortion be a factor in picking a canidate.
I think no matter what side of either argument your on it DOES matter to the voters right along with the plans for the War, Education, the Economy, and other issues.
-RFB

aztec reef

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
aztec I agree with most of this but have you ever been around a woman that has been rapped without getting pregnant from that horrid action? The reason I say this is that I have and it takes a tremendous mental toll on them that I can only imagine and have seen the outward mentality and effects of it. When it results in a pregnancy its even worse. I have had 3 friends of mine rapped by people all of which are in Jail for their crime.*thank goodness* 1 girl decided that she was going to do what you suggested because she became pregnant and carried the baby to term. It was so hard on her because of the horrific way she became pregnant that 2 days after the baby was born she commited suicide because she couldnt deal with it anymore. My main problem with politics deciding that abortion is illegal all the way around is that circumstances like this come up and I personally do not want a woman reliving the ---- everyday for the next 9 months its hard enough to get pasted that with out the pregnancy.
JMHO
Mike
Good point mike, But what is that got to do with the right to abort..Remember we're talking about an Inocent human being,(the baby).It wasn't the babies idea to come to this world...
When you abort you kill..the reason people don't see it as bad is because they don't get to see the babie. and actually kill enbrions not babies..that's why it doesn't seem horrid..But try aborting after the child has been borned and you take a look at him/her..It will be Imposssible..

pontius

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
Gay marriage: "different strokes for different folks"..I don't have a problem with gays as long as they keep a 10 feet clearance from me...I believe in right and wrong.. and being gay doesn't seem right to me. If my parents were gay i wouldn't be here..that's unacceptable...
i haven't been to church in years,But i still followand pass on the word of God..
in biblical days, tax collectors were considered the scum of the earth. Zacchias was a tax collector and was being mobbed for it. Jesus came by and rescued him from the mob, AND went to Zacchias house and broke bread with him. and you're "passing on the word of God" by saying you don't have a problem with gays as long they keep 10 feet from you? instead of passing off your word like it's the word of God, maybe you should actually crack open a Bible and READ the word of God.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Myself, I am pro-life as well, however, I am not in a position to judge what a woman does in this matter. I did work for some time in adoptions, and know just how much adoptive parents want and care for children. So many people who can not have children would gladly take an unwanted child in and give them everything they can offer. This is such an extraordinary option as opposed to disposing of a human life.

pontius

Originally Posted by Jovial
What works for some dosent work for others, but in a democracy dosent the majority rule in terms of legislation? If its legal then the law must have been accepted by a majority in order to be passed... generally speaking. I dont expect acceptance but rather tolerance. If something is allowed it's being tolerated? If the law supports it, it has been accepted.
the majority doesn't always rule in terms of legislation, that's false. their have been many many unpopular laws passed over the years. the main principle that this country was founded on was a citizen's right to live however they see fit so long as they are not harming others. a gay couple having marriage rights may OFFEND you, but it doesn't harm you in any way. if you don't accept it, fine. but if you speak out against it, you are really saying you don't believe in the principles that America was founded on.

reefforbrains

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
Gay marriage: "different strokes for different folks"..I don't have a problem with gays as long as they keep a 10 feet clearance from me...I believe in right and wrong.. and being gay doesn't seem right to me. If my parents were gay i wouldn't be here..that's unacceptable...
Abortions: are totally Unnaceptable to me, and my wife feels me on that one..
If a woman makes a mistake and has a child..I don't think it should be their right to kill it...If you get raped or don't want the child, Give it away,so that others can Adopted and give it a chance in life..Aborting is really selfish and careless, Irresponsible & Lazy. i know it's been legal in some places but it won't be practiced on my watch..by any of my family..
It doesn't matter if you legalize it!! That will Not get rid of the black market..and all the corruption,Actually it will make it easier for criminals to do their thing..
You Can only tolarate so much, and it all depends on how you were raised and what values you offer..
So your saying legal vrs illegal wont stop certain practices so they are ok, but then we should shun or consider anyone homosexual as an OUTCAST regardless of the LAW??!!
Should we just gather "them" up and put "them" on an Island like leppers?
You are absolutley entitled to your beliefs and practices. I even embrace you for such strong conviction, BUT do you ignore or turn away people based on their sexual orientation alone? Will you not shake thier hand? or if you do..do you then "have a problem"??
I know it is pehaps strongly worded but not an attack. This is a shocker for someone to have such an attitude towards Gays. You always have such amunition you bring to the table and this just doesnt fit. I must be reading too deep into it.

aztec reef

Originally Posted by Pontius
in biblical days, tax collectors were considered the scum of the earth. Zacchias was a tax collector and was being mobbed for it. Jesus came by and rescued him from the mob, AND went to Zacchias house and broke bread with him. and you're "passing on the word of God" by saying you don't have a problem with gays as long they keep 10 feet from you? instead of passing off your word like it's the word of God, maybe you should actually crack open a Bible and READ the word of God.
SHOW ME ONE PASSEGE IN THE BIBLE WERE IT SAYS IS OK TO BE GAY?? and i'll re-read the bible. Did God let Zacchias collect taxes after he was rescued??