GreenReefer's 24 gallon Aquapod

greenreefer

We've got water

...okay none that you can see
I finished the rock structure, connected the in tank plumbing, put it all in place, added sand, and added about a gallon of water (just enough to get the sand wet). I wanted to give the adhesives another 24 hours to cure and I figured adding some water would help out with the sand storm tomorrow.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'll add water, shrimp and LR tomorrow. AT some point in the next couple of days I'll be visiting a friend for a cup of live sand to seed the sand bed. Once the pumps and fuge light get here I'll pickup chaeto and should be ready to roll.
pics, sorry they are a little fuzzy, phone doesn't take great pics. I know they are similar to the previous ones, but this time it's how it will be.

greenreefer

I filled it up today, added LR and a small amount of LS to activate my sand bed (aragamax). I mentioned earlier that I decided on the Azoo Firefly for a fuge light and I'm so glad I did. I almost bought it from the site listed above, but then thought I'd just check and see how much the whole pico kit cost, well fish dot com had it on sale in green for 10.99 for the whole kit so I bought 2 so I had a spare. Anyways I fired it up and it's a great amount of light for the back chamber (at 7200k) and just the right size.
Once the water clears up tomorrow I'll take pics including the fuge light and the sunpod installed.
I'm now officially cycling

greenreefer

So the LFS had a really great sale going on and they told me this was no problem so I bought sohal and achilles tangs. Those should be fine in my tank right? The guy said they were very hardy fish and could make it through the cycle and that they'd stay small because of the tank they were in. Yippy 2 new fish!!!
jk

socalnano24

Very cool. Interested to see how it turns out. I like the idea of embeding the frag plugs. It always looks so unfortunate when people have those sticking out like a sore thumb!

greenreefer

thanks, I always hate frags falling over and most people's tank end up with a ton of plugs in the sand because the ran out of holes in the rock. I'm planning on (at least for my zoos) planting a plug letting spread off of the plug then pulling the plug and planting it somewhere else while replacing it with a blank which will eventually get grown back on to.
page 2

wilks

Hey Greenreefer, are there any good LFSs down in Greenville? Worth the drive from the mountains?

greenreefer

not really. I heard there is a good one that just opened up in Clemson, but the 2 here are just average, sometimes good stuff but its pricey.
Sandlapper Aquatics
1353 STE 3 Tiger Boulevard
Clemson SC 29631
Wednesday- Saturday 12:00-7:00
Sunday 1:30-7:00

greenreefer

Had to head out of town this morning for work so I don't get to see it until mid next week, sorry but that means no pics for you either

greenreefer

since I can't look at my tank how about potential stock list:
rainsfords goby
spotted mandarin
tail spot blenny
or
pair of signal gobies
sixline wrasse
tail spot blenny
I think I'm leaning towards the second option