Gun Suggestion(for protection)?

05xrunner

Actually one of the taser units. you have to have the barbs surgically removed. so you can just zap the bad guy till the police come..LOL
I forget what one it is. Friend at work mom has one. I will ask her
Springfield Armory is the only guns that have the Dovetail and Trigger safty

shogun323

BARTOW (Bay News 9) -- The Bartow Police Department says a homeowner shot a burglary suspect who was trying to break into his home.
The police department said their preliminary investigations indicated the suspect, 37-year-old Shaun Lynn Hause, had reached into the victim's residence via a broken window in the door. The homeowner saw a hand on the door knob and fired a shotgun.
Hause was taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center for gunshot injuries and has been charged with burglary to an occupied structure.
The incident happened about 2:40 a.m. Monday.
From todays news. Nothings says "stay outta my house" like a Benelli!!!!!!

bronco300

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
Actually one of the taser units. you have to have the barbs surgically removed. so you can just zap the bad guy till the police come..LOL
I forget what one it is. Friend at work mom has one. I will ask her
Springfield Armory is the only guns that have the Dovetail and Trigger safty

LOL...maybe people who like seeing people get hurt for their wrongdoings...but i dont think i see my fiance just staning there continually pushing the button to zap him...i see her trying to shoot at him and as soon as he hits the ground fleeing like mad..guess a taser maybe would be better then, guy with a bullet in his leg can still run, guy tasered will be screaming for mercy,lol

dual45s

My personal choice is an old school (and I mean it) 1911. Was brought up on that baby and was received as a present when I moved out to PA.

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by shogun323
From todays news. Nothings says "stay outta my house" like a Benelli!!!!!!

Say it with love say it with Benelli .

scubanoah

hahaha. no. i have been too busy here at work and i actually completely forgot about that league. i was busy with my 2 big pay leagues and forgot all about it. howd did you end up? i hope all is good with your new house. anyway, my girlfriend is pretty small and she can handle the 380 very well. you can not go wrong with the springfield xd. it will be a bit much for her to handle though.

scubanoah

and hey, i just looked in on that league and i really didnt do bad for not once signing on or even making a substitution. looks like i even beat you once! lol. congrats though. if memory serves me i think i made a wager with you before the season too! i will still make good on it. i will send ya something when it warms up bit. you still serving up zoos?

tangman99

Originally Posted by NOTSONOOB
You just need something to make yourself look intimidating....

I used to own that gun. S&W Model 29 with a 8 3/8" barrel. It was a blast to shoot but expensive.

bronco300

Originally Posted by ScubaNoah
and hey, i just looked in on that league and i really didnt do bad for not once signing on or even making a substitution. looks like i even beat you once! lol. congrats though. if memory serves me i think i made a wager with you before the season too! i will still make good on it. i will send ya something when it warms up bit. you still serving up zoos?

lol, cant stray away from those zoos...i think we did bet something

thanks for the advice, i'll see what she says when she gets back from her trip, probably will flip out on me,lol....the taser i'm guessing might be best for her though...that and mace and she should feel comfortable.
The house is going well, making big plans for some parts of it, just have to finish other things first, like the wedding,lol. how are things for you?

bronco300

Originally Posted by NOTSONOOB
You just need something to make yourself look intimidating....

so i should have turret guns that pop out from the ceiling the second they step in the house.

bronco300

sure,lol...i'll get some sand bags and build some bunkers to hide behind..they'll know as soon as they step in and see the warfield inside,lol

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
wanna borrow mine ;)

that looks to be brand spakin new....Nothing says "GET OUT!" better than a 203

05xrunner

i still probably have less then 1000rds through the gun.
I havnt touched any of my guns in over 2years. I gotta join a sportsman club so i can get out and shoot alot more often.

I have this ak-47 Romania made. One of the best guns ever produced. You can make it fully auto, ect. for cheap. Very agressive looking, I have a full mag of Chinese urban assualt bullets. Copper skirt with rubber inside that way when you shoot and hit a wall it doesnt go through and kill your neighbor. If looking for a hand gun get a glock 45 sub compact. very small and big stoping power. Hope this help and dont shoot your eye out. LOL

nel621

Originally Posted by Bronco300
we live in a house...looks like in 06 daniels signed a bill that allowed citizens to use deadly force without having to retreat and use it as a last resort
we cant have a dog, leia is very allergic, we're lucky to have a cat....but not sure our cat can be that mean even if she is a mix of a leopard,lol
1 buy a large size dog water dish and a thick chain.
2 get a pair of used work boots from the local good will sixe 11 or larger.walk in the mud with them and let dry
3 buy a beware of dog sign
4 make a note that says Gone hunting be back soon don;t let Rex out of the house he just attacked the mailman.
5 Leave these things outside near your front door.
Will make a an intruder wonder!

05xrunner

Originally Posted by speeddemonlsr
You can make it fully auto, ect. for cheap. Very agressive looking,
$200,000 fine and many many years in jail unless you have a Tax stamp from the govt to be allowed to own full auto.

S

saltycrab

Lol someone used to be in the Marines. .408 is the new round replacing the .50 right? BTW has their ever been a confirmed kill at over 1.5 miles?
Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
Now if you want to stop intruders before they enter your home or even come on your block . Nothing beats the m40a1

Or if you want to take them out before they leave their neighborhood you can go for the chey tec model 300 in .408. Made popular by the movie shooter . Good for kill shots at 2 1/2 miles.

S

saltycrab

A gun is only as useful as the person willing to use it so if you are not don't bother getting one.
That said, I would suggest a Glock model 23 its the .40 caliber compact. Its has a low receiver and is very easy to shoot for those with little experience. They don't have the traditional safety lever that you see on many guns which means that once a round is chambered all you need to do is pull the trigger to fire. It is an extremely safe and reliable gun though. It will not fire unless the trigger is puller, period. I have fired thousands of rounds through different model Glocks and have never had one misfire. Most of those rounds were cheap range ammo that would jam most other hand guns eventually. What ever hand gun you decide on make sure you get good with it at your local shooting spot. Also when used for home defense make sure you keep it loaded with quality defense rounds. I like Federals Hollow Points. You can also purchase rounds called "frangible" which will kill as effectively as a hollow point but will not travel well through hard objects (such as a wall or door) and will cut down on the risk of a stray bullet hitting someone. If you have any questions PM me.