Heres how to REMOVE ICH from FISH safely!

crimzy

Originally Posted by mujtba
if someone is interested in my method, they can email me.. I am NOT going to suggest or recommend 'NEW' things that worked for me or post my progress in 6 months. Im sure dhav, crimzy and several others on my side will be hesitant to post their success. let people continue to do whatever their cult tells them to!

Hey man... don't sweat the small stuff. This product worked for you and that's great. It worked for me and the ich was gone for years, not months, but people just don't really want to hear it. As you can see, some people are extremely motivated to point out all the reasons that yours/my and many others' experiences are figments of our imagination. If you do a search of previous threads regarding the subject, you'll see similar outrage to success stories. Don't let it bother you, though.
When I was 16 I thought I knew everything. Now I'm 31 and I realize how much I have to learn. Unfortunately some people take longer to learn that lesson than others.
Closed minds = small minds... IMHO.

clown boy

Who says no one wants to know?
I for one (and I'm sure that many others on here stand with me) would like to know whether this is the truth or not.
Thomas Edison was regarded as a fool by many as he worked on the electric light... imagine if he would have said that he wouldn't share his result and he would keep his light to himself....

clown boy

All I'm trying to get across is that no one except you are going to learn anything if you keep the results after time to yourself...

mujtba

I already told you its been working GREATTT for me.. Crimzy told you he has been good for years.. if Chem Marin went public, Id be buying all their stocks.. lets just say that. Remember, when a company releases a product, they go thru EXTENSIVE studies before going to the public. its a HUGE investment on their part. Im 110% sure chem marin did FARR more research on this than ANYONE of you have ever done so!

clown boy

Perhaps... but I still would like to see how things are doing a few months from now... it would help a lot of people's doubt.

rbaldino

I already told you its been working GREATTT for me.. Crimzy told you he has been good for years..
Like I said before, five weeks without ich is hardly reason to think everything's great, especially when a clam died. And if you read through crimzy's posts, you'll see that he actually had ich come back, and there's reason to suspect it may come back again. I suspect that Beth and many others never have it in their tanks.

crimzy

Originally Posted by rbaldino
And if you read through crimzy's posts, you'll see that he actually had ich come back, and there's reason to suspect it may come back again. I suspect that Beth and many others never have it in their tanks.
You are correct. I had bouts of ich two years apart. Each time I knocked it out with Stop Parasite... no casualties. Not too bad a record if you ask me.
Granted I've had some help from Stop Parasite... but no casualties in over 2 years and counting... can you say that?

rbaldino

Originally Posted by crimzy
You are correct. I had bouts of ich two years apart. Each time I knocked it out with Stop Parasite... no casualties. Not too bad a record if you ask me.
Granted I've had some help from Stop Parasite... but no casualties in over 2 years and counting... can you say that?
Yes. 10+ years, with the same three fish, no ich.

crimzy

Yes. 10+ years, with the same three fish, no ich.
10+ years with the same 3 fish, huh? Weird because in another thread you listed your FOUR fish...https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/256187/need-opinions-on-stocking. Then in another thread, you mentioned ANOTHER fish that you had...https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/278766/yellowtail-damsel-nipping-at-gorgonian. But I thought you had only the same 3 fish for 10+ years.
Oh and, by the way, weird that you attribute your success without ich to your QT considering that you've had the fish for 10+ years but only had your QT for a couple of months...https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/263691/quarantine-tank-questions. Those 3 fish were never QTed.
Maybe your lack of ich is due to your keeping of damsels and clowns. No offense but maybe your lack of experience in keeping fish (besides damsels and clowns) suggests that you should listen more and advise less. JMO.

1journeyman

I already told you its been working GREATTT for me.. Crimzy told you he has been good for years.. if Chem Marin went public, Id be buying all their stocks.. lets just say that. Remember, when a company releases a product, they go thru EXTENSIVE studies before going to the public. its a HUGE investment on their part. Im 110% sure chem marin did FARR more research on this than ANYONE of you have ever done so!
Your clam died within a month of the treatment... by default you can't say it worked great.
Mujtba, imho no one has treated you badly. Many, including myself, have questioned your methods and information however.
You started with the statement that you've discovered a way to avoid QT and beat Ich in 5 days.
You've posted that you believe the faulty premise that Ich is in every tank.
You're backing a product from a company that has incorrect information on their webpage regarding swf aquariums and Ich.
You seem to believe Crimzy and others back your original thread, but Crimzy has stated he doesn't agree 100% with your post. One of the other posters who agrees with you has changed his original post completely.
Mujtba, it's not personal. Far from it. I want what's best for your tank. I want this forum to be a place where the hoby is advanced (I think it is, btw).
What I don't want, however, is for people to get the wrong idea. I want this to be a place where myths and propoganda give way to facts and reasons.
Lastly, just to point out one more time; Just because you don't see Ich in your tank, that doesn't mean it has been beaten. Furthermore, QT tanks provide a host of other benefits besides just beating Ich.
Sorry if you anything I've said as an attack against you. It was not meant that way. I am trying to further the discussion. That's why I've researched the topic and quoted what I believe are clear mistakes from Chem Marin's webpage.

crimzy

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
You started with the statement that you've discovered a way to avoid QT and beat Ich in 5 days.
You've posted that you believe the faulty premise that Ich is in every tank.
You're backing a product from a company that has incorrect information on their webpage regarding swf aquariums and Ich.
You seem to believe Crimzy and others back your original thread, but Crimzy has stated he doesn't agree 100% with your post. One of the other posters who agrees with you has changed his original post completely.
Journey, your arguments above, as well as many of the arguments throughout this thread, are really immaterial. This guy just wanted to post his personal experience with this product. And for 3+ pages, people have been trying to discredit his positive experience with this product. I've seen this many times before and just don't get it.
I've seen many people post stories of their positive experiences with these meds... your theories that this is impossible are naive and closed minded. Like it or not, you can argue this issue to death, but the fact is that it can and has worked for many people. Period. There is no debate unless all of us who have seen this product work are lying. Everyone's heard your theories... might as well just let it go because they can't change what people have personally witnessed.

rbaldino

10+ years with the same 3 fish, huh? Weird because in another thread you listed your FOUR fish... https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=256187. Then in another thread, you mentioned ANOTHER fish that you had...https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=278766. But I thought you had only the same 3 fish for 10+ years.
Oh and, by the way, weird that you attribute your success without ich to your QT considering that you've had the fish for 10+ years but only had your QT for a couple of months...https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=263691. Those 3 fish were never QTed.
Maybe your lack of ich is due to your keeping of damsels and clowns. No offense but maybe your lack of experience in keeping fish (besides damsels and clowns) suggests that you should listen more and advise less. JMO.
Those three fish that I had for 10+ years died after a recent four-day power outage (two during and one shortly after). All the fish I have mentioned in newer posts are new purchases to replace all my losses. And last I checked, pretty much all fish can get ich. Don't blame me because I like clowns and damsels. I've certainly seen plenty of them dying in fish stores. And yes, I have recently started QT'ing, mostly because I now have a full reef. My point was that I've managed to keep a tank free of ich for a very long time, regardless of stress and diet, etc., because it was probably never introduced.
BTW - You must feel pretty threatened if you've got to go digging through all my posts.

crimzy

My point was that I've managed to keep a tank free of ich for a very long time, regardless of stress and diet, etc., because it was never introduced.
BTW - You must feel pretty threatened if you've got to go digging through all my posts.
But your point is moot because you did not QT these fish. The fact that you never got ich was just luck. It had nothing to do with QT, meds or anything else related to this discussion.
And btw, I wanted to look into your tank because I was impressed by your claim... "was" being the key word.

1journeyman

Journey, your arguments above, as well as many of the arguments throughout this thread, are really immaterial. This guy just wanted to post his personal experience with this product. And for 3+ pages, people have been trying to discredit his positive experience with this product. I've seen this many times before and just don't get it.
I've seen many people post stories of their positive experiences with these meds... your theories that this is impossible are naive and closed minded. Like it or not, you can argue this issue to death, but the fact is that it can and has worked for many people. Period. There is no debate unless all of us who have seen this product work are lying. Everyone's heard your theories... might as well just let it go because they can't change what people have personally witnessed.
Heres how to REMOVE ICH from FISH safely!
That's the title of the thread. Crimzy, that's not wanting to share personal experience...
As Beth stated, thousands of people view these forums. I may not convince you, or Mujtba but I might make others who read this post stop, think, and do their own research. I hope that makes it clear.
My "theory" is not close minded as you say. In fact, I'm trying to do the opposite. I'm asking questions to try to promote discussion and make people do some research on their own. I'll be happy to endorse Chem Marin products if/when their research stands up to peer review. Right now it doesn't. It doesn't even stand up to my review, and I'm far from an expert.
Crimzy, let's not overlook the original tank lost a Clam. That fact was not addressed by the original poster until it was pointed out. You can't brush that off, imho. It may have nothing to do with it, but it certainly could.

rbaldino

But your point is moot because you did not QT these fish. The fact that you never got ich was just luck. It had nothing to do with QT, meds or anything else related to this discussion.
I beg to differ. You simply asked if I'd had better luck with ich (I'd say my 10 years without beats your 2 years with a couple of outbreaks). If my fish got it now, I would certainly remove them to a QT and treat accordingly, and I've certainly been QT'ing new purchses. With all the corals I now have, I don't want to risk it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
1journeyman, you've said everything that can be said with precision accuracy. The fact that so many feel one way, and 2 feel the other way, says it all.
It may work, but it may not. Its not reliable and there could well be long term negative effects on your system and the marine animals that have been subjected to medication. The variables just make the stuff unreliable.
I think everyone here has been given free rain on their opinions, and I did post the topic in the FAQ. No one, except crimzy and mujtba, can possibly claim that they have been suppressed. The problem is, crimzy and mujtba want unchallenged feedback, and that, my friends, is not going to happen.

geridoc

And I have a bridge for sale that you might want to invest in, too. Companies like ChemMarin do research the way you did research - by hearing something interesting, then developing a product out of thin air and marketing it. Take a look at the history of garlic - originally mentioned in passing at a meeting as possibly helping fish...now its a nutritional supplement, anti-parasite and anything else that any company can think of to claim. There are no regulations on claims in the pet industry, and it shows. I have contacted several companies making claims about a variety of products, and I always get the same response - "We have done extensive research, but it is secret, and we can't tell anyone about it, except that it proved that our product works". I am not saying that they didn't do the research (although I do have my doubts in most cases). However, keeping the data secret is certainly suspect. In my career I have seen many outcomes that looked good but on closer analysis turned out to be just wrong. If the results of an experiment are kept secret there is no way that anyone can analyze the data to see if the claims are correct, or not. That is all I 'm saying. I am not saying that anyone's experience with any product is a lie - if they got a result, great. That doesn't make the product responsible for their success until we see the scientific data.

crimzy

I think that this horse has been beat to death... so I'll beat it a bit more.
I will agree that Stop Parasite is not 100% effective, based on the negative experiences that I've read about on other threads. However, QT and hypo are also not 100% effective. This is not an exact science. QT and hypo will only work if the ich has not progressed too far and weakened the fish, if the fish can handle the stress of a move and a smaller tank, if the water quality of the QT is good and there is no threat of a cycle, speed of salinity drop, etc. There are numerous variables.
The fact is that there is no absolute guarantee. I am confident that my selection of healthy fish, overall maintenance of water quality and foods, and use of certain meds when necessary has produced the result that we are all striving for. It can definitely be done another way. People can and do also suffer losses by going both routes.
However, I do find it strange that the most vocal protesters to Stop Parasite have never actually used it or seen it in use. To base these vehement objections only on self-serving articles, interpretation of web page language and just personal theory is secondary to personal observations. I believe what I see more than I believe what I read.
BTW, did you know that a short time ago in our history people were convinced that women were less intelligent than men because their craniums were smaller? And that you could identify a witch because they would not burn when set on fire. Let's keep an open mind here people. The term "expert" can be relative to a particular place and time.

mujtba

Originally Posted by Beth
1journeyman, you've said everything that can be said with precision accuracy. The fact that so many feel one way, and 2 feel the other way, says it all.
It may work, but it may not. Its not reliable and there could well be long term negative effects on your system and the marine animals that have been subjected to medication. The variables just make the stuff unreliable.
I think everyone here has been given free rain on their opinions, and I did post the topic in the FAQ. No one, except crimzy and mujtba, can possibly claim that they have been suppressed. The problem is, crimzy and mujtba want unchallenged feedback, and that, my friends, is not going to happen.

You guys have a lot of courage to say something WILL not work without trying it. I find that hilarious. ALL of you, every last one of you who IS against chem marin, have NEVER EVER EVER EVER tried it. I am telling you it worked, and it worked within days and saved all my fish. I am insisting on it just how you are insisting on QT. How would you like it if many of us said that QT is stupid and will not work and how can you remove a fish and isolate it and expect it to work.. Imagine if a bunch of us did that and the original poster will be like 'but im telling you it works!!!!' All along i felt like im talking to a brick wall...
call this LFS and ask them on this product 215-673-5400 .. they recommended it to me.