Heres how to REMOVE ICH from FISH safely!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by mujtba
You guys have a lot of courage to say something WILL not work without trying it. I find that hilarious. ALL of you, every last one of you who IS against chem marin, have NEVER EVER EVER EVER tried it. I am telling you it worked, and it worked within days and saved all my fish. I am insisting on it just how you are insisting on QT. How would you like it if many of us said that QT is stupid and will not work and how can you remove a fish and isolate it and expect it to work.. Imagine if a bunch of us did that and the original poster will be like 'but im telling you it works!!!!' All along i felt like im talking to a brick wall...

Mujtba... You cannot responsibly assume Ich is gone from a display aquarium within weeks of an outbreak. Furthermore, your CLAM DIED.
Mujtba, I'm not trying to argue with you, but I do want you to understand the life cycle of the parasite you are dealing with. That's what makes your claims impossible to verify.
Saying QT doesn't work would be silly. QT breaks the life cycle of the Ich. That's why it works.

mujtba

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Mujtba... You cannot responsibly assume Ich is gone from a display aquarium within weeks of an outbreak. Furthermore, your CLAM DIED.
Mujtba, I'm not trying to argue with you, but I do want you to understand the life cycle of the parasite you are dealing with. That's what makes your claims impossible to verify.
Saying QT doesn't work would be silly. QT breaks the life cycle of the Ich. That's why it works.
you missed the point... why can't i assume ich is gone? do you know what that medicine is comprised of? you took it to the lab? you are in no position to DISCREDIT something of which you have only seen a picture of. that goes for u all.. TRY IT FIRST, then come talk to me.

nigerbang

The garlic thing is on point. Stop Par.'S active. Ingred. Is hot pepper extract, you clean ph's with vinegar, garlic is supposed to be good, I have an idea for a cure all: Garlic Tabasco, taste great also!

clown boy

call this LFS and ask them on this product 215-673-5400 .. they recommended it to me.
Never trust an LFS. It's a rule that's tried and true.

mona

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Never trust an LFS. It's a rule that's tried and true.
Just like never trust any meds? If one fails, lets fail them all?

Well I didn't want to jump into this topic since it is a very touchy subject. But I have tried chem marin and it HAS worked for me. I used it around December by following their dosage. In a week I was ichless. My tank has been ICH free and all thanks to Stop Parasites.
I agree with mujtba, how can you all discredit this product without ever testing it? Seeing is believing... so try it and then post your comments.
He was kind enough for posting his success. You all attacked him for trying something new.
You do not know what the medicine consists of, therefore you cannot say ich will still be in the tank.

clown boy

Originally Posted by mona
Just like never trust any meds? If one fails, lets fail them all?

Come on... read around here... we all know that LFSs are always giving wrong advice... it's horribly common.

clown boy

By the way, I am absolutely amazed that this thread isn't closed yet... not that I want it to be closed, but that it's lasted this long.

renogaw

yea, i'm surprised it hasn't been closed. heck, even someone who hasn't been on the boards in over a year (except to try to sell off her tank...odd) came on to say this stuff worked.

crimzy

Originally Posted by renogaw
yea, i'm surprised it hasn't been closed. heck, even someone who hasn't been on the boards in over a year (except to try to sell off her tank...odd) came on to say this stuff worked.
What's the point of closing the thread? If you're not interested in the discussion, don't post and the thread will end on its own. Nothing obscene or inappropriate has been stated. Do you want this closed because you don't agree with the posters?

mujtba

Wow, instead of just thanking me for posting my success and SHARING my stories, I got attacked from all angles and basically am told - IF YOU DO NOT DO WHAT WE ALL DO, CREATE YOUR OWN FORUM!
u n b e l i e a v a b l e

renogaw

Originally Posted by crimzy
What's the point of closing the thread? If you're not interested in the discussion, don't post and the thread will end on its own. Nothing obscene or inappropriate has been stated. Do you want this closed because you don't agree with the posters?

because this debate will go on forever. feelings are getting hurt, and there's not much more that can be contributed by either side to convince each other.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
At this point, there is no reason to close this, since everyone is just discussing, and not being abusive.
If I was as closed minded and power hungry as some of you have implied, I would have just closed this off, but here we are.

robn

Every time I read threads like this, it reminds me of an argument I got into with the "veteran" at my LFS......this was several years ago.....he was getting onto me for taking my fish (mostly tangs) out of the display and into a QT tank.....he said that it was useless because the ich would still be in the display tank whenever I put the fish back into it because "ich is present in every marine tank".....I disagreed with him and the discussion got so heated that he started cussing loudly at me (in front of other customers)......I stayed away for a month or so and I'm glad to say we laugh about it now.
Cryptocaryon irritans (ich) is an obligate parasite....this is a scientific fact....if you need confirmation of this, let me know and I'll provide a bunch of links....a parasitic relationship by default has a host and a parasite. IF YOU REMOVE THE HOST, THE PARASITE DIES. Consider this.....you put a "clean" dog in a 4'X4' lab clean room....you put a tick in the room also but not on the dog....eventually the tick will find the dog and attach....you pull the tick off the dog and then immediately take the dog out....you come back in a month to check on the tick......any takers here on whether the tick will still be alive? Anyone?
This same scenario is played out thru post-QT.....you take the fish out, treat the ich with hypo, copper, Stop Parasite, voodoo, whatever. You leave the display fallow for 1 month at normal temperature.......YOU WILL HAVE NO MORE ICH.
Now, I don't know if Stop Parasite cured your fish or not.....the only time-interval you kill ich is during their free-swimming stage, after they have broken off from the host.....perhaps you were medicating with your Stop Parasite during this exact time.....I can see where that "may" have actually worked. The problem with all ich treatment is in the timing....you MUST get them in this free-swimming stage. If they are still attached, there is no medicine in the world that will kill them.
I tried Stop Parasite.....I also tried Kick Ich......neither had any effect on the ich in my case. I have also taken fish out of display and did hypo which DID kill the ich.....during the hypo I lost 1 fish but that was due to aggression from another fish (my Picasso Trigger turned psycho and stripped most of the "skin" off my BlueHead Wrasse
)
I'm not trying to say your meds didn't work.....they may have as I mentioned earlier....I'm just saying they didn't work for me....to each his own.

1journeyman

Wow, instead of just thanking me for posting my success and SHARING my stories, I got attacked from all angles and basically am told - IF YOU DO NOT DO WHAT WE ALL DO, CREATE YOUR OWN FORUM!
u n b e l i e a v a b l e

You were not attacked. Your "I've found the cure all of Ich" post was disagreed with. Ich can "appear" in a tank months or years after a serious outbreak. I've repeatedly said "study the life cycle of Ich". It was also pointed out that you've already had a casualty in your tank after treating it.
Mujtba, let's back up a bit:
Do you believe Ich is invariably in all aquariums?

renogaw

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Mujtba, let's back up a bit:
Do you believe Ich is invariably in all aquariums?

hopefully not after all those references, statements, and articles from scientists :)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
hopefully not after all those references, statements, and articles from scientists :)

I don't think it matters, because the 2 people here who are strongly advocating don't see past "their position." And in the process berate those of us who don't agree and accuse us of berating them, which isn't true.
Its a case of believing what you want to, hearing what you want to, and doing what you want to, regardless of anything else.
I feel its your business if you want to dump medication in your tank, but don't expect me to support that because I won't. The question is, why do you have such a need for others to change their mind and support your view? Hmmm.

sepulatian

I want to see what happens to these tanks in time. I notice certain people who have strong oppinions about this are having many other problems with their tanks. There are posts in other forums. All I can say at this point is, "Please let us know if you need help with anything in the future."

crimzy

Originally Posted by Beth
I don't think it matters, because the 2 people here who are strongly advocating don't see past "their position." And in the process berate those of us who don't agree and accuse us of berating them, which isn't true.
Its a case of believing what you want to, hearing what you want to, and doing what you want to, regardless of anything else.
I feel its your business if you want to dump medication in your tank, but don't expect me to support that because I won't. The question is, why do you have such a need for others to change their mind and support your view? Hmmm.

Beth, Beth, Beth.... nobody has suggested that you are wrong for doing what you choose with your tank. It's you and some others here who feel compelled to criticize this person's choice for posting a success story. I can see past my position and have stated MANY times that there are many alternatives with varying degrees of success. It's the other side who can't seem to accept the possibility that there is another option.
And truly, this thread is not about convincing you of anything. But there are other people reading who may get some benefit from this product. If those of us who have had good experiences with the product didn't speak up, people would mistakenly believe that there is only one way to keep a healthy tank. And the source of this knowledge would be a majority of people who have no experience whatsoever with this particular med.