I got the bug....

al&burke

Really, I must have been reading about dwarfs, you have H erectus correct, oh and by the way they look great in the pictures. You know whats going to happen when they end up having babies. More fry.

gemmy

Yes, I do. The pajama was supposed to go in the reef, but at the time that didn't work out. Both fish get along fine.

al&burke

I bought 3 juvi banggai, the one guy ended up killing one, when I finally noticed he was working on the second, took him out and banished him to the ciliatas mantis tank, he is still alive.

novahobbies

Krista, I totally understand that feeling. After that coral melting incident in my tank, I'm very strongly thinking about a seahorse break.
BUT....it can only be a break for me. I enjoy these critters too much to stay away forever. I take it you lost one...how is the tank doing, and if I may ask...what happened that you can tell?

meowzer

SORRY...I feel your pain.....after I tried again....and AGAIN lost them...I decided I could not keep doing it....YES, I love them, BUT having them die.....for no reasons....and not being able to do anything was just too much for me
good luck

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/387854/i-got-the-bug/380#post_3515556
Krista, I totally understand that feeling. After that coral melting incident in my tank, I'm very strongly thinking about a seahorse break.
BUT....it can only be a break for me. I enjoy these critters too much to stay away forever. I take it you lost one...how is the tank doing, and if I may ask...what happened that you can tell?
I lost both of my horses. I'm not sure why. The one stopped eating and was lethargic one night at feeding. It had disappeared by the next morning. This was the one with a weak snick. This was Monday. Then, Wednesday I noticed what looked like a blood blister on the remaining horse. It was near the stomach. I am going to try one more time. I am going to move my goby, peppermint shrimp (it is too big and makes feeding time difficult for the horses) and the PJ cardinal to my reef.

gemmy

I think I know what the cause was. I was lazy and used premade water for my water changes in December, January and a little bit of February. I was using the water for both tanks. Both tanks were having algae issues. I figured the issue for both tanks was me overfeeding. The parameters seemed OK, but I did not check consistently. I have noticed that both tanks have been looking better since I switched back to my own water.

novahobbies

That can be an issue sometimes, especially since you don't REALLY know what's going into that water. I use NSW for all my tanks, and even though I trust my source....sometimes I have to wonder how well it's really filtered before it gets to me.
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost them both. Let me know if you are going to keep them again...I have a feeding shell I can send you that's like mine if you want.